For those of you that Drink Diet Soda Everyday..............

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Second hand smoke, been around it for years and I haven't died yet and don't have lung cancer. I used to smoke and I don't have lung cancer. Go figure. Smoking must be ok.

Your analogy is flawed. There is peer researched scientific evidence that clearly proves smoking has a carcinogenic effect.

But I haven't gotten cancer so it won't affect me. Same with aspartame. Just because it affects some doesn't mean it will affect me. That is the logic that seems to be going on around here.

Don't listen to them buddy. I agree that smoking is good for YOU and I think YOU should smoke the hell out of them.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    I'm assuming that I'm picking up on sarcasm when it comes to smoking being good, aspartame being bad? I hope this is the case. My sarcasm detector has been a bit out of whack lately.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Correlation does not imply causation.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Correlation does not imply causation.

In regards to...?
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming that I'm picking up on sarcasm when it comes to smoking being good, aspartame being bad? I hope this is the case. My sarcasm detector has been a bit out of whack lately.

LOL, yes mapexdrummer6, your sarcasm detector is working.
  • Coffeepuppet
    Options
    i totally agree with this i gave up all soft drinks about a year ago and its really helped get my migraines under control they've gone from one a week to one every few months at most.
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Second hand smoke, been around it for years and I haven't died yet and don't have lung cancer. I used to smoke and I don't have lung cancer. Go figure. Smoking must be ok.

Your analogy is flawed. There is peer researched scientific evidence that clearly proves smoking has a carcinogenic effect.

But I haven't gotten cancer so it won't affect me. Same with aspartame. Just because it affects some doesn't mean it will affect me. That is the logic that seems to be going on around here.

Don't listen to them buddy. I agree that smoking is good for YOU and I think YOU should smoke the hell out of them.

Oooooooo! I love me some smoked brisket! Traveled to Texas and loved it! Smoke away!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Aww who the hell went and resurrected this thread?!?!