P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Guys guess what? Yesterday I was washing my hands (which I do 90030298 times/day since I'm in the food biz) and what did I spy in the mirror??? Was it a small amount of definition in my arm? Why YES it was! I wouldn't go as far as to say "sculpted" but I definitely saw some bicep. Pretty COOL!

It's hard to get motivated for Legs/Back today. I have the day off so I'm getting into "I'll do it later...." Yikes!

Awesome on the arms....and GO DO IT RIGHT NOW!!! :)
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 40 was rest day.
    Day 41 was legs/back and ab rippers....well this hrm has been an eye opener so far. i was over estimating ab rippers and under estimating legs/back.

My goal right now is to see 170. my height is 5'10, so when i get to 170 i will reset my goals.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    With kenpo X done, that makes one more week to check off! Still not really losing any weight or inches... oh well, good things come to those who wait.

My goal is fairly aggressive- I'm planning on doing a sports acro type routine with my dance partner next year, so I really need to be as light as is healthy... My current goal of 120 will probably sit my at around 18% BF. I'll go lower than that if I can...
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 42 is done with kenpo. my weight has been going up and down, but i can feel a difference in clothes. went shopping with a friend over the weekend, tried on a dress that was a size smaller and it fit, actually felt sexy for the first time in a long time. i didnt buy it , was afraid it would be too big for me real soon. but the feeling was worth it though.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day 42 is done with kenpo. my weight has been going up and down, but i can feel a difference in clothes. went shopping with a friend over the weekend, tried on a dress that was a size smaller and it fit, actually felt sexy for the first time in a long time. i didnt buy it , was afraid it would be too big for me real soon. but the feeling was worth it though.

Congratulations, we all need little wins like that through out the program. Keep it up and youll be able to get one in a size smaller.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    So I feel guilty for posting that I hadn't had many changes... weighed in the next day and took measurements. I was down another lb, consistently been down 1 lb / week. That's healthy, although not as much as I had hoped for the summer, it's healthy.

Strange though, with the measurements. The most dramatic loss of inches was my biceps... Huh. I didn't actually think I had much extra fat there... guess I was wrong, cause I doubt P90X is shrinking my bicep muscles! Also lost a little off of my neck , and thighs. My silly a** is not cooperating. LOL.
  • swinginchandra
    Options

That's so awesome!!! Congrats!! I know that feeling, and it's truly one of the best in the world.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options

I would've bought it!! Awesome that you didn't, though. That means you're determined to meet your goals and won't become complacent with being ALMOST there. Congrats!!

My weight has been disappointing, so I finally got with the program and took measurements on Friday. I'm looking forward to my rest week just so I can BRING IT for weeks 9 and forward!!! I've been burning less calories with P90X (not feeling less pain though), so I'm definitely going to increase my other workouts. So happy I can run again (even though my toe is still broken). I hope everyone who contributed to this thread is still hanging in there!!!
  • kripley1229
    Options
    I was wondering if I could still join the group...I started around the 2nd week in June. I'm not exactly sure what day I'm on. (I took a few days off while on vacation) I'm in desperate need of support. I'm getting really bored with it. This is actually my 3rd time starting P90X. I usually get to around day 40 and quit because I get bored. I'm trying so hard to actually finish it this time!
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anybody else have knee and quad soreness after doing Plyo? I do this workout on a carpet and still manage to be sore after....
  • chazdiezal
    Options
    Welcome aboard, hopefully as a group we can give the motivation you need to make it all the way through this time...keep pressing play!
  • chazdiezal
    Options
    I was wondering if I could still join the group...I started around the 2nd week in June. I'm not exactly sure what day I'm on. (I took a few days off while on vacation) I'm in desperate need of support. I'm getting really bored with it. This is actually my 3rd time starting P90X. I usually get to around day 40 and quit because I get bored. I'm trying so hard to actually finish it this time!

Welcome aboard, hopefully as a group we can give the motivation you need to make it all the way through this time...keep pressing play!
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Just finished Chest/Shoulders + Abs. Those one arm push ups are still kicking my butt but overall the workout felt a little easier than it did 3 weeks ago. Can't wait for phase three when I will do all "non girly" push ups.

Syd: CONGRATS! Feeling that way is 328430298 times better than any sugary treat isn't it?? Plus, it's great to feel like you can see progress, no matter what the scale is saying. I'm so happy for you! Not too long before you can go buy the next size smaller!

TenLaws: congrats on being able to run again!! Keep up the great work!

Kripley1229: Yes please join us! There are people on this thread at a variety of points in the program (and some who have done it multiple times).
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Is it just me or does anybody else have knee and quad soreness after doing Plyo? I do this workout on a carpet and still manage to be sore after....

Yes!!!! Usually I carry my soreness well, but for the first time after I did Plyo yesterday, I felt an unignorable amount of pain in my knees and a good kind of soreness in my quads. I've been squatting every chance I get just to keep my joints oiled and my blood circulating, but it hurts! Hopefully it'll go away in a little while.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    How has everyone been logging calories burned for non cardio days. For example today I did chest, shoulders, and triceps with ab ripper x... Thanks!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    How has everyone been logging calories burned for non cardio days. For example today I did chest, shoulders, and triceps with ab ripper x... Thanks!

If you want the calorie burn you still log resistance training as cardio for MFP.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    That's what I've been doing. I think I may have to bite the bullet and buy a HRM, so I can get a more accurate count.:wink: N
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 43 is done with c/s/t plus ab rippers.

anyone have any plans after p90x? im going to do a hybrid of turbo fire and chalean extreme. hopefully by then the P90x2 will be out.
  • syd1980
    Options
    That's what I've been doing. I think I may have to bite the bullet and buy a HRM, so I can get a more accurate count.:wink: N

i finally got one. it is nice knowing then trying to guess it on here. from what i have read , one with a chest strap is more accurate.
  • swinginchandra
    Options

i finally got one. it is nice knowing then trying to guess it on here. from what i have read , one with a chest strap is more accurate.

I haven't put a super amount of time researching it, and I don't mean to start a fight, but from what I've read the formula HRM's use to calculate calories is really not accurate unless you're doing consistent aerobic excercise. (ie something with relatively the same exertion level the whole time). It might be worth looking into before you buy a HRM just for P90X, cause it seems like (if the information was correct ), a HRM might not be ideally suited for this type of exercise. I'll dig up the info tomorrow, but the idea was they will actually grossly over estimate your burned calories b.c even though your heart rate increases your oxygen uptake (and therefor caloric expenditure) doesn't increase as drastically during anaerobic workouts.