P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Just finished Kenpo - I have come to totally love that workout!

SwinginChandra: totally in for the pact! I have been trying to do as many "real" pushups as possible before switching to the girly kind. Also, when I do switch to the girly kind I make sure that I go really really low in the move so they are still (I think) pretty hard. It makes me feel good that my male workout partner switches to his knees at some point as well. It's tough at the end of the workout to keep up with the pushups, the first few exercises are much easier.

Dcollins12: yes join us!! How's it going so far???

Melindadorman: I have a similar system for doing pull ups and have never had a problem with it. I was really nervous the first day and stayed really close to the door. Now, I'm on the other side of the room!

Have a great weekend all!

Oh PS: I finally saw the scale budge this week. AND I was eating more with the addition of a protein shake, not a ton but probably around the 1500 calorie range (rather than 1200). Win win situation: lose weight and eat more!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yay for you lizzy! And good to hear on the eating more side - motivation for me to stick with it.

By the way, you know how Tony always says "I workout for the recovery drink -- it's that good"? Well I totally do that. I was just thinking this morning, "if I get an awesome leg and back workout it, then I'll deserve a protein shake"! Haha, it motivates me to workout. :p
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hahaha yeah I love how he says that. I totally do the same. I'm not totally sure what the recovery drink is/tastes like but I do love "earning" the extra calories. What's the name of the protein powder you got again? The one I have doesn't mix very well and it is all grainy. I know you said yours was really yummy....next container I will get something else.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 34/90 is done with back/biceps and ab ripper x. i got off schedule this week. only have 2 more for this week and going to get them in tomorrow. feel alot better about b/b then i did c/s/t. was able to feel the burn on the last 3 . i have noticed my form is getting better on ab rippers.

started taking supplements today. i got the gnc womans ultra mega active. going to give it a try for 30 days and see how it works. anyone taking supplements?
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    did legs+back and ab-ripper-x today... so with kenpo tomorrow, I'll be all caught up with y'all, and done with week 1 of phase two. My how time flies.

Anyone else feel kinda bummed we don't get a new leg video? This one is probably the easiest for me too, it's not too difficult for me to get through all the reps of all the exercises. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start supplementing with my own leg workouts, or perhaps a P90X+ workout? Is there one for legs? Must look into it. I'm feeling the same about abs... so maybe starting with the 3rd phase I'll start adding in the P90X+ or one on one workouts in...
  • syd1980
    Options
    did legs+back and ab-ripper-x today... so with kenpo tomorrow, I'll be all caught up with y'all, and done with week 1 of phase two. My how time flies.

Anyone else feel kinda bummed we don't get a new leg video? This one is probably the easiest for me too, it's not too difficult for me to get through all the reps of all the exercises. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start supplementing with my own leg workouts, or perhaps a P90X+ workout? Is there one for legs? Must look into it. I'm feeling the same about abs... so maybe starting with the 3rd phase I'll start adding in the P90X+ or one on one workouts in...

i feel the same on ab rippers , so i added turbo fire ab 10 class. i feel my abs like i did in the first round now. legs and back is still rough for me sometimes, but i added extra cardio from turbo fire. so i feel im getting more of an inner thigh workout. alot of people add extra workouts to p90x to feel the burn better.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Copied from the P90X+ info. on BeachBody, these are the DVD's that come with P90X+:

Interval X Plus
    Propels your heart rate up and down with 3 speeds, creating more dramatic change in the shortest period of time. (40 minutes)

Kenpo Cardio Plus
    Advanced Kenpo with new moves builds stamina, balance, and agility while shredding the most stubborn layer of fat. (40 minutes)

Upper Plus
    This monster upper-body workout will blast all your muscles from the hips on up in a completely synergistic way. (45 minutes)

Total Body Plus
    By adding new synergistic moves, your muscles get pumped, then recuperate in stages until you've got nothing left. (45 minutes)

Abs/Core Plus Four different positions to intensify your ab work and shred your midsection even faster. (20 minutes)]]

Then there are numerous Tony Horton One on One DVD's for $20 each, focusing on specific body parts.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Day 37/90 is DONE. Can't believe we're almost halfway there! Plyo kicked my butt today. That's the only workout that doesn't seem to be getting easier, but I'm still in love with it. Chest/Shoulders/Tri just may help banish my armpit fat so I'll try not to hate it so much.
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 35/90 is done with legs/back and ab ripper. i didnt get kenpo in this week, but did get 2 hours at the pool swimming laps in this week.

ordered me a polar f6 today. cant wait to see what i burn by the watch compared to mfp.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Day 35/90 is done with legs/back and ab ripper. i didnt get kenpo in this week, but did get 2 hours at the pool swimming laps in this week.

ordered me a polar f6 today. cant wait to see what i burn by the watch compared to mfp.

It REALLY helps! I was underestimating some days and was super hungry; sometimes I overestimated (Yoga). Also, you won't get the same burn for the same workout every time. As workouts get easier, you burn a little less calories. Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    my laptop died :-(. TEAR! I've lost all my P90X files!!! BOOO!!! Hoping to get this resolved quickly so I can get back in the game... gonna try and do the chest, shoulders, tri workout without the DVD, if I can find a workout sheet with all the moves online, and some descriptions to remind me what they are... but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to do that with Plyo, etc. :(
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    my laptop died :-(. TEAR! I've lost all my P90X files!!! BOOO!!! Hoping to get this resolved quickly so I can get back in the game... gonna try and do the chest, shoulders, tri workout without the DVD, if I can find a workout sheet with all the moves online, and some descriptions to remind me what they are... but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to do that with Plyo, etc. :(

Can you get the files again if you don't get your computer working and have to get a new one? The book has all the Plyo moves too. Would be hard but you could still do it without the videos! No Tony though......boo....does your library have them?
  • melleyd
    Options
    I told my husband Saturday night after I finished Legs & Back and Ab-Rip-Per-X that I really BROUGHT IT. Boy oh boy was I sore yesterday and still today! My legs and my butt are so sore! But I feel good! Did Chest, Shoulders Tri this morning. Going to ride my bike and do Ap Ripper X tonight after I get home from Olive Garden with the in-laws....their treat....yay!
  • dcollins12
    dcollins12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down of my P90x journey! I started with Core Synergistic and it was tuff! Im glad its over, I know it will get easier over time. Trying to stay motivated.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options

http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets

Those are all the exercise workout sheets. I will keep looking to see if I can find descriptions.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Thanks guys! I found the workout sheets, and descriptions, so I should be able to at least do the strength training workouts until I get a new computer...
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 36/90 is done with c/s/t with ab ripper x . i have had to lower my weights on this video. sorry but weighted circles towards the end is mean. also added in ab class 10 and HIIT 15 class. in the few days i have been taking the supplements , i feel better and have more energy.

@swinginchandra ..sorry about your comp. great attitude on still finding a way to get the exercise in.
  • melleyd
    Options
    Thanks guys! I found the workout sheets, and descriptions, so I should be able to at least do the strength training workouts until I get a new computer...

Wonderful!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    I'm proud to say I made it through chest, bi, tri (and ab ripper, which I can totally just do from memory) without the DVD tonight! I missed having all my buddies there with me, but I liked having my own choice of music :p. I think I pushed it just as hard or harder then ever before. I'm very proud of myself! Actually, I think this was a fortuitous occurence, because I've been thinking of moving my workouts to a weight room... And I'd prefer to not have to use the DVD for that.

I WILL make it through plyo tomorrow morning, equipped with nothing but a timer, and the workout list. Bring it.
  • melleyd
    Options
    I'm proud to say I made it through chest, bi, tri (and ab ripper, which I can totally just do from memory) without the DVD tonight! I missed having all my buddies there with me, but I liked having my own choice of music :p. I think I pushed it just as hard or harder then ever before. I'm very proud of myself! Actually, I think this was a fortuitous occurence, because I've been thinking of moving my workouts to a weight room... And I'd prefer to not have to use the DVD for that.

I WILL make it through plyo tomorrow morning, equipped with nothing but a timer, and the workout list. Bring it.

Great job! I'm so proud of you too!! I did Ab Ripper without the DVD (watching Masterchef...lol) and I must say that I liked it. I might try some of the other strength stuff without it. I still think I would need it for plyo and the other cardio stuff as I don't get too motivated with those things.lol. Again, GREAT WORK!!!!!!