P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    I woke up an hour late but still felt guilty for thinking about skipping my workout, so I managed to do Yoga X anyway to assuage my guilt, the whole thing!!! (Or did I subconsiously wake up late BECAUSE I had to do Yoga X? Who knows...) Anyways, got it out of the way, burned a little over 300 calories, and my chaturangas (no spell check, please) are waaaayyy better. I noticed it when I did Core Syn. yesterday. Couldn't do one to save my life in the beginning! I'm starting to appreciate Yoga more though; after sparring class last night, I needed those stretches. Phase 2 starts on Saturday for me!!!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    So today marks the end of my first 30 days. I lost about 4lbs, and probably about a half inch from most places. This mornings weigh in put me at 155. I think I'm going to edit my goals to under 150 by the end of the second phase!
    I did take pictures, they'll be up later today... I can't really see a difference!

I hope everyone has a great 4th holiday, I brought my running shoes, but I'm not making any promises!

1 more day to everyone that started with me, then congrats on our first 30 days. Wooo! Here's to the next 30.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So today marks the end of my first 30 days. I lost about 4lbs, and probably about a half inch from most places. This mornings weigh in put me at 155. I think I'm going to edit my goals to under 150 by the end of the second phase!
    I did take pictures, they'll be up later today... I can't really see a difference!

I hope everyone has a great 4th holiday, I brought my running shoes, but I'm not making any promises!

1 more day to everyone that started with me, then congrats on our first 30 days. Wooo! Here's to the next 30.

Great job!!! My Phase 1 ends on Sunday. I can't really see a difference either, but I feel so much better! They say phase 3 is when women really start to notice it more. We shall see!! You are doing fantastic, such an inspiration to me!!!!!!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Phase 2 and 3 are the big changes. Keep pushing play, everyone.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options

on my first round phase 1. i had lost some weight, and could see a few difference in the pics, but when phase 2, 3 . were done thats when i had the best results.
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow starts my recovery week. Some initial numbers are in...For the first 3 weeks on the program I've lost 9 pounds, 4 % body fat, bmi is down from 35.2 to 33.9 (still very high but making progress), and added 2 percentage points of muscle. Clothes are fitting way better and I'm happy with the progress so far. I'm still struggling with fitting in all the calories I need throughout the day. Re-learning how to eat is a more formidable task than the workouts, for me. I've ordered some recovery mix and will be adding it to my diet this week, looking forward to see what phase 2 brings. Have an awesome weekend!
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Congrats to everyone finishing their first 30 days!!!

Lifebloom and syd1980: it is so great to have the benefit of your past experiences. Thanks!

Swinginchandra: good luck this weekend! I know holiday weekends are a challenge.

Deadzip: your pics look great! I can definitely see a difference, way to go!

Tenlaws: that's so great that you're noticing changes in your strength. I notice when I feel good I tend to make healthier choices in other ways and continue the momentum. Let's hear it for keeping the momentum going!! BTW that's so cute about your dog climbing on you. Mine does that too. Whenever we have to bend down for a stretch I think he thinks I'm bending down to pet him hahaha.

I find core synergistics very hard! I kind of felt like I was flopping around uselessly the whole time. But then a few hours later the soreness set in.... hopefully I feel stronger with it tomorrow. Have a great weekend all!
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 25/90 was a rest day.

day 26/90 was core and yoga. then added some cardio. have to say my body feels so much better after yoga. almost felt like a full body massage .

cant wait for pic day, i have plateau but my body does this , phase 2 im ready , bring it.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Alright, pics are up on my blog.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/swinginchandra/view/p90x-30-day-before-and-afters-120606

I can't wait to get home and get started with phase two. Bring it!
  • syd1980
    Options
    Alright, pics are up on my blog.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/swinginchandra/view/p90x-30-day-before-and-afters-120606

I can't wait to get home and get started with phase two. Bring it!

doing great hun,,,,,cant wait for phase 2 either...not a big fan of recovery week even though my body needs it.

did yoga last night so Day 27 will be some cardio
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Wahoo Chandra pics look great!!

Finished recovery week today - hooray! Can't wait to try out some new workouts next week. I forgot to weigh myself this morning so I will weigh/measure tomorrow and hopefully have some results to share.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Managed to fit in AbRipper this morning. Figured that was a nice short workout to get a little burn in! Anyway, happy weekend everyone, and thanks for the kind comments.!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    BIG pat on the back for everyone!! I'm glad you're getting results, whether it's in how you look or how you feel.

As yall may or may not know, I did the Lean version for Phase I; I'm doing the Classic version for Phase II. Basically, now I'm doing Chest & Back + Ab Ripper instead of Core Synergistics, and Plyometrics instead of Cardio. Wow wow wow wow wow!!

Chest & Back: I've never been a big fan of push-ups nor pull-ups but it'll be good for me. I wimped out in the best way possible. I gave it my all until I could give anymore; unfortunately, what I had to give wasn't a lot. I sucked!!! Shaking, weak, falling on my face... Lol. BUT, I'll keep at it. I'm letting Yoga X off the hook; I now have a new least fave.

Plyometrics: I LOVE this workout. I needed longer water breaks but my legs feel sooooo good. My heart rate was higher than it's ever been during a P90X workout.

I'm pretty reluctant to do 30 day shots. (Swinginchandra - I admire you for posting your pics. You look great). I don't see much of a difference and I didn't take Day 0 pics anyway. I haven't weighed myself in about 2 or 3 weeks either. Yea, I'm chicken. Friday morning was supposed to be my weigh-in, but I drank and ate bar food the night before for the first time in WEEKS (I don't regret the vodka shots but the sliders and fries, a little), got home at 6 am... I was up for 24 hours and was NOT in a weigh-in mode. This Friday is my day. I'll take pics and weigh myself. *Sigh*
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    OMG. So, I went shopping today. I can't even believe it. I was a size 10 before I started P90X. I fit into 6's, consistently! I almost cried... every pair of jeans, ever dress, and they all looked great! Small tops... Oh my gosh. I guess my beginning measurements weren't that accurate, because that was such a difference!
  • syd1980
    Options
    OMG. So, I went shopping today. I can't even believe it. I was a size 10 before I started P90X. I fit into 6's, consistently! I almost cried... every pair of jeans, ever dress, and they all looked great! Small tops... Oh my gosh. I guess my beginning measurements weren't that accurate, because that was such a difference!

that's awesome. bet you had a great time shopping.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Today is the 4th of July, but still no freedom from P90X. lol.

want to say WAY TO GO! for everyone who is getting close to day 30 and the start of phase 2. Three more weeks to Bring It and another recovery week, and then we get to change it all up again. Cant wait.

Looking forward to seeing more results!
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 29/90 is done with chest/shoulders/triceps plus ab rippers. and ab 10 class. kinda rough today but will build back up to were i was once .

went ahead and did my measurements and pics today, because tuesday are a busy day for me. i have lost 6 pounds and 9.5 inches. on my pics my stomach is the most toning area, my son has lost 5 pounds and 18 inches. i measured him 3 times. im sooooooooooo proud of him. everyone that sees him has complimented him .

will try and post my pics later in the week, off to work

Happy 4th of July!!
  • syd1980
    Options
    i posted a few pics on my profile, easier than i thought with photobucket. i usually dont show this much skin so be aware my stomach is out there for all. lol
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Syd, what a HUGE difference!!! Awesome results in only 30 days :)

I just did my weighing and measuring. About 1 pound lost and about .5 inches around the body. So, not outstanding but (perhaps most importantly) I can do things that I couldn't do 30 days ago. I did phase 2 chest workout yesterday and it was very very hard, just like phase one was the first time. But, instead of thinking "I can't do this, I look stupid" I was thinking "In 30 days I'll be able to do a one armed push up, cool!"

Keep bringing it everybody!!!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Syd that's fantastic! What a difference! And Lizzy, as I've learned, .5 inches everywhere is no small difference!
    Rock on everybody. Can't wait to get caught up with you guys. I'm home tonight and will do the chest workout!