P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• Xnode
    Xnode Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing P90X as well and would love to get involved with the thread. I'm currently two days into my P90X routine but I've been eating healthier for about two weeks now to prep myself for when I started working out. So far all is going pretty good or at least as good as can be expected.

Tonight is my legs and back workout. It'll be the first day working out in a few days so I'm just going to plan on being sore tomorrow.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy to have ya xnode!
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing P90X as well and would love to get involved with the thread. I'm currently two days into my P90X routine but I've been eating healthier for about two weeks now to prep myself for when I started working out. So far all is going pretty good or at least as good as can be expected.

Tonight is my legs and back workout. It'll be the first day working out in a few days so I'm just going to plan on being sore tomorrow.

Welcome to the group, glad you are here. But shouldn't Legs & Back be day 5? or did you change things up a little?
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    So i planned out my food for today,or the rest of the day, and noticed that ill be under my calories and right at my protein before i do plyo today. should i eat back my calories? i also feel alittle guilty for thinking about skipping plyo, but i told myself i cant.

what do yall think? eat more to get the calories back or just have a nice deficate after a weekend of good food?
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do X-stretch or do you sub it out?
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So i planned out my food for today,or the rest of the day, and noticed that ill be under my calories and right at my protein before i do plyo today. should i eat back my calories? i also feel alittle guilty for thinking about skipping plyo, but i told myself i cant.

what do yall think? eat more to get the calories back or just have a nice deficate after a weekend of good food?

I would suggest, if nothing else eat at least a bit of carbs and protein right after your workout. Some juice and a protein shake maybe, if you don't want too much. Your body is craving nutrients right after you workout, so you don't want to deny it too severely. Gotta supply some fuel to repair and rebuild.

I am almost always at my calorie limit before I hit my workout for the evening. Then eat about 1/2 of them back, or more if I am really hungry.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    Does anyone do X-stretch or do you sub it out?

I try to do it. Though it falls on a Sunday most weeks, which is when I try to cut the grass. I usually go with how I feel, if I "need" the stretch. Go with what your body is telling you. I wouldn't do anything too strenuous. You do need a break.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 30/90 is done with plyo.....had a great workout , my legs are shaking .
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    so i just finished plyo, and burned 505 calories. last week was 520 and week 2 and 3 were closer to 575. anyone else with a HRM know why this could be changing so fast?
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    so i just finished plyo, and burned 505 calories. last week was 520 and week 2 and 3 were closer to 575. anyone else with a HRM know why this could be changing so fast?

You are getting in better shape. As you become more physically fit your body becomes more efficient performing the exercises. So, you can/must push harder to achieve the same calorie burn. It's a sign you are making progress.
  • DeadZip2010
    Options

You are getting in better shape. As you become more physically fit your body becomes more efficient performing the exercises. So, you can/must push harder to achieve the same calorie burn. It's a sign you are making progress.

that was my initial thought, but i still feel just as beat while doing the workout. and with a workout like plyo i try to complete as many reps as i can. i guess its easier with weights, you just add more. haha
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options

I still feel beat after each plyo workout. I always think I'll have an extra calorie burn, but the HRM keeps giving me the same number. Hooray for consistently beating myself to a pulp? :)

that was my initial thought, but i still feel just as beat while doing the workout. and with a workout like plyo i try to complete as many reps as i can. i guess its easier with weights, you just add more. haha
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    chest, shoulders, tri last night, and plyo this morning! Man it feels good to get back in the swing of things. I'm excited about that workout (chest etc.), I think it will be great once I have a better grip on all the exercises. I was worried more about form, and figuring out how to do the moves so they worked for me, than reps last night. I mean, don't get me wrong, my arms still felt/feel like spaghetti, but I know it will be even better next week.

I'm making a pact with myself, I've decided - by the time phase 3 rolls around, and we're switching off between the this video, and the last one, NO GIRLY PUSHUPS. I will do at least 10 regular pushups of every move. Any girls care to join my pact?

(I can already do 20 - 25 regular pushups, and wide front pushups not on my knees, but military, diamond, clap, one armed, chatturanga, etc. kill me...)
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    chest, shoulders, tri last night, and plyo this morning! Man it feels good to get back in the swing of things. I'm excited about that workout (chest etc.), I think it will be great once I have a better grip on all the exercises. I was worried more about form, and figuring out how to do the moves so they worked for me, than reps last night. I mean, don't get me wrong, my arms still felt/feel like spaghetti, but I know it will be even better next week.

I'm making a pact with myself, I've decided - by the time phase 3 rolls around, and we're switching off between the this video, and the last one, NO GIRLY PUSHUPS. I will do at least 10 regular pushups of every move. Any girls care to join my pact?

(I can already do 20 - 25 regular pushups, and wide front pushups not on my knees, but military, diamond, clap, one armed, chatturanga, etc. kill me...)

I'll join the pact!! I always attempt to do regular push-ups. If I start to shake and crash on my face after I've only done a small quantity like 4 or so, I switch to girly ones just to get a decent amount of reps in. I'm with you though - regular and wide, I'm fine. I'm getting better at military, I just have to go slowly which may be harder but it works for me.

Why is the music from Ab Ripper X in my head? I hear Tony repeatedly saying, "Hit my hand!!" and "Get 'em up!!!" as if those are the lyrics to the music. I swear I can't get the song out of my head. Awful...
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    dudududududu, it's ab-rip-per-ex.. lol :)
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    By the end of the 90 days you'll catch yourself quoting his lines as he says them. At least I know I do. :)
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think after nearly four rounds that I can pretty much recite all the dvd's by heart... but I still laugh at his jokes! It has helped that I use my own music now. We have wireless speakers and I put my fav. music on Pandora for whichever workout I'm doing and it helps to break up the 'routine'.

Today was Chest/Back/Ab Ripper... it felt great, especially after a rough weekend diet wise. My plan is to really 'clean house' on nutrition this week and get back on track.

Cheers Everyone!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    my favorite line of tonys is happiness is this right here... i know corny but it always makes me smile.

having to swiitch up my days this week, we are out of town for my hubby surgery friday. so we came up early to enjoy a few days. i will do yoga tonight . actually have alot of room here to do yoga., but first got to check the pool out.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    so I did back and biceps this morning, and had exactly the problem I thought I was going to... I have to use all my bands to get enough resistance for pullups, so every time I have to switch between the pullups and the bicep move, it takes me like 5 minutes. I really don't think I got any calorie burn at all from this (estimated 100)... :( Such a bummer.

Sooo, I guess this means I have to venture into the gym one morning a week. I wonder if there'll be a way for me to do the whole pullup with a chair thing. I must go visit the gym....

Or I could just order another set of heavier bands... but with only a month left till I have regular and easy access to a gym for free...
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    so I did back and biceps this morning, and had exactly the problem I thought I was going to... I have to use all my bands to get enough resistance for pullups, so every time I have to switch between the pullups and the bicep move, it takes me like 5 minutes. I really don't think I got any calorie burn at all from this (estimated 100)... :( Such a bummer.

Sooo, I guess this means I have to venture into the gym one morning a week. I wonder if there'll be a way for me to do the whole pullup with a chair thing. I must go visit the gym....

Or I could just order another set of heavier bands... but with only a month left till I have regular and easy access to a gym for free...

Do you have any way to "build in" some loops for the pull up moves? Rather than adding more bands. Or moving further from the anchor point?
    If you go to a gym, you can always use the lat pull down machine instead of trying to do real pull ups or chair pullups.