Leslie Sansone Walk At Home Challenge anyone? Starting June

Options
Hi everyone!

I am starting a walk at home challenge using Leslie Sansone's dvd's. I have her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, but plan to pick up another one to mix things up. If you want to join set a milage goal and start walking!

My goal is to do 150 miles by July 1, 2011 starting June 1, 2011! I will be walking before that, but won't add it to my miles until the 1st. To reach this goal I need to do her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk once a day. Who knows...maybe I will do it twice a day??!! That would definitely be a challenge!

Who's with me?!

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I love her dvds. I do at least 45 minutes a day of walking and jogging. That is the only exercise I do. It seems to be working!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Are her dvds very expensive? I've heard great things about them :)
  • karenpsal
    karenpsal Posts: 30
    Options
    I'll join you. I only have the 1, 2 and 3 mile walk DVD's, but that's okay. I usually do Leslie Sansone plus another workout. Do you plan to do it every day or a few days a week? Should we check in every time do her DVD?

Karen
    SW 145 (Jan, 2010)
    CW 128
    GW1 125
    GW2 120
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm on my phone so I'll come back to this!
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    I love her dvds. I do at least 45 minutes a day of walking and jogging. That is the only exercise I do. It seems to be working!

It does seem to be working! Great job!!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump for tomorrow, could be good, will check it out :)
  • Bethany28
    Options

I got mine for 10.00 at Target. They have them online at amazon and they may be cheaper than that there.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I love Leslie Sansone Power Walks...I have her 15 minute short walk, 1 2 3 mile power walk and Flat Belly...I may go in on this with you...keep me updated onwhat I would have to do to join in...sounds like a fun challenge!!! :smile:
  • Bethany28
    Options
    I'll join you. I only have the 1, 2 and 3 mile walk DVD's, but that's okay. I usually do Leslie Sansone plus another workout. Do you plan to do it every day or a few days a week? Should we check in every time do her DVD?

Karen
    SW 145 (Jan, 2010)
    CW 128
    GW1 125
    GW2 120

Any dvd will work! I plan to do it 7 days a week. But make whatever goal that works for you. I would say we should check in after we complete our walk.
  • Bethany28
    Options
    OMG!!! I love Leslie Sansone Power Walks...I have her 15 minute short walk, 1 2 3 mile power walk and Flat Belly...I may go in on this with you...keep me updated onwhat I would have to do to join in...sounds like a fun challenge!!! :smile:

Just set a goal that you plan to complete by July 1st. I plan to do her 5 mile fat burning dvd once a day for 30 days. But you can do which ever one you want and every day or every other day or just whenever. Just stick to you set goal!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    How does everyone log this? At what speed? What if you do her 3 minute express a couple of times a day at a fairly vigorous pace?
  • karenpsal
    Options
    How does everyone log this? At what speed? What if you do her 3 minute express a couple of times a day at a fairly vigorous pace?

I believe the 2 mile walk is 30 min and the 3 mile walk is 45 min, averaging about 1 mile every 15 min or 4 mi/hr. Log how many minutes you walked at a rate of 4 mi/hr.
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm in! I bought her newest set the 21 day walk/eat/lose challenge that includes fast paced walking w/ new booster resistance cables that add a strength training twist WHILE walking - its a great 2fer! It works like this: Week one, you walk off breaktfast doing a 2 mile 30 min dvd that includes one regular mile first (with all walkers that have lost over 100 lbs - very inspiring!) Then mile 2 is just Leslie and we use the resistance cables. Then Week Two you walk off Lunch with a 3 mile 45 min walk. Mile 1 is with MOM'S! Mile 2 is just Leslie + boost cables. Mile 3 is the group again. Week 3 is walk off dinner - a 4 mile butt kicker! Mile 1 is walking with Walk Leaders. Mile 2 is Leslie + cables. Mile 3 is group. Mile 4 is mostly Leslie + cables, but ends with 2 or 3 minutes walking with the group, plus stretching. I'm going to work my way through this. Glad to meet others that also enjoy Leslie!!!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Today I walked 4.5 miles. I did walk strong which is 2 miles in 30 minutes, so I logged it at 4 mph. Then I did walk and jog. That is 2.5 miles so I logged it at 5 mph. I wonder though, does the warm up and cool down count toward the miles? I'm not walking the full 30 minutes at that pace. Not to nit pick, just curious.
  • nh2576
    Options
    I forgot to add I've been walking with Leslie off and on since 2003, including through 2 pregnancies. I have TONS of her DVD's. :wink:
  • nh2576
    Options
    The warm up counts towards the miles. The cool down, but not the stretching - basically, if your feet are stepping, it counts towards miles. however, your body is still on high cal burn during the stretch. I know what you mean though - i question how to log her stuff to. Then i decide it really doesn't matter...what matters is that I did the work out! I decided that what feels like high impact to me, may not feel like high impact to others and that's ok.
  • nh2576
    Options
    Today I walked 4.5 miles. I did walk strong which is 2 miles in 30 minutes, so I logged it at 4 mph. Then I did walk and jog. That is 2.5 miles so I logged it at 5 mph. I wonder though, does the warm up and cool down count toward the miles? I'm not walking the full 30 minutes at that pace. Not to nit pick, just curious.

I log her workouts as aerobics instead of walking...are you logging as walking/jogging?
  • karenpsal
    Options
    I did Leslie Sansone Start Walking program today. 2 miles in 32 minutes. I keep a heart rate monitor and burned 200 calories today. I also plan to go to a Zumba class later this morning. Enjoy your Memorial Day everyone!
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    What the heck I'll join I just rented one of her dvds from netflix count me in
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I got mine for 10.00 at Target. They have them online at amazon and they may be cheaper than that there.

They also have them on overstock.com and you should also check your local library if you dont want to buy them right away.