Replies

• jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    how do u join a challenge
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few of her dvd's. The funny thing is some of her older stuff (the stuff she did in the 90s early 2000s) is actually harder then the stuff she is putting together now. I was at Ross one day and found some of her old dvds for cheap picked them up and even though I was consistently doing both her 5 mile workouts was pretty winded after doing one of her older dvds. She has a bigger variety of moves in the older dvds. I think my favorite newer one of hers is the Pilates walk--just wish is were more than 3 miles.
  • art4fun69
    Options
    Oh and count me in, I havent been doing her workouts. I have been doing turbojam, p90x, and the brazil butt lift lately. However, I can add some of hers back into the mix.

Can we count when we walk outside?
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69
    Options
    I did 2 miles with Leslie this am. It was "Walk Off Breakfast" in her newest Walk/Eat/Lose 21 day challenge. It was a great way to start the day!!
  • megglesdvm
    megglesdvm Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in! I plan to do 5 miles every day for the month of June, whether Leslie's DVD or outside. I will probably also be mixing in other workouts as well, but doing something every day for 30 days will definitely be a new challenge for me.:tongue:
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    Sorry to be outta the loop,
    But with walking dvds, is this a treadmill thing?
  • art4fun69
    Options

No it isnt. Just a few simple moves you do in your living room (or wherever you have a little extra space).
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Oh and count me in, I havent been doing her workouts. I have been doing turbojam, p90x, and the brazil butt lift lately. However, I can add some of hers back into the mix.

Can we count when we walk outside?

I think walking outside works! Any form of walking will work I guess, even on the treadmill. I just do the dvd's because I can't ever get to the gym with the kids and my husband's schedule.
  • Bethany28
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am excited about all that want to join the challenge!

To join the challenge you just need to :

Set a goal for yourself
    Get walking
    Stick to your goal
    Come back to this topic each time you walk and share with us and give your walking totals.

Example:
    Previous Milage: 23 miles
    todays miles: 2 miles
    Total milage: 25 miles

Easy! Now get to steppin'!
  • frenchee40
    frenchee40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can also join her club on your website. It's about $22 a year and you have access to her free workouts online. I have joined and she has new workouts every month.
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    What the heck I'll join I just rented one of her dvds from netflix count me in
    I plan to walk 75 miles.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Are her dvds very expensive? I've heard great things about them :)
    You can try Leslie Sansone for free -

exercisetv.com - Start! Walking has a 1 Mile & 2 Mile program (20 or 30 minutes). These videos feature Leslie by herself. These are available for instant play. I'm not sure - they may also be on Comcast OnDemand. These workouts are good - but my favorites tend to be Leslie with a group.

For purchase (but cheap) You can download an intermediate or advanced Rock & Tone for $1.99 each or Cardio Slim Down for $1.99 - these feature Leslie with a group. The advanced one is kind of different (has toning segments). These are 20 minutes each.

Netflix has a pretty good selection of Leslie videos.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm not sure how many miles I will do for the month of June since I am currently doing Turbo Fire , but will be interesting to see how many miles I do in a month! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

No it isnt. Just a few simple moves you do in your living room (or wherever you have a little extra space).

They do make treadmill exercise videos (Tracey Staehle Walk Strong is fun). But - Walking videos are a nice change if you want a break from the treadmill. Some of the simple moves are marching, side steps, kicks, and knee lifts. The moves are not choreographed - you don't have to be coordinated - or concentrate on steps.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Leslie!!! I've been a walker off and on for years but actually just committed to doing it on a regular since joining mfp. I have faith that this will be a fun challenge. I'm down for 90 miles in June.

Let's get walking ladies!!!
  • art4fun69
    Options
    Did the 5 mile fat burning walk today. It was great, havent walked with Leslie in a while since I have been doing other things. Dont know if I will make the 150 in the month because I probably wont walk everyday (have to do my Turbo Jam and P90x), but your message thread actually made me pull out my dvds and remember how much I enjoyed doing them. Thanks.
  • nickmonaco79
    nickmonaco79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one doing these walking DVD's. All my family and friends think I am crazy to "just" walk but I love her!
    I will join in for sure. I have to figure out what my goal will be. Great idea. With 3 kids, I don't really have a lot of chance to get to the gym, so I do all kinds of DVD's at home!!
  • nickmonaco79
    nickmonaco79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    trying to figure out if my new ticker works??
  • Bethany28
    Options
    What the heck I'll join I just rented one of her dvds from netflix count me in
    I plan to walk 75 miles.
    Awesome goal!
  • Bethany28
    Options
    I :heart: Leslie!!! I've been a walker off and on for years but actually just committed to doing it on a regular since joining mfp. I have faith that this will be a fun challenge. I'm down for 90 miles in June.

Let's get walking ladies!!!

Awesome goal!