Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hey :) is it too late to join? my b-day is september 4th so this would be a great challenge for me. let me know what i need to do, or if it's too late maybe i can just follow along or something...? :)

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I would like to join if it's not too late! I will send friend request and my weight and goals. Thank you!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am down to 190.5 this morning !
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has sent me their weigh-ins for this week!!! I can't believe how far we are in the challenge!! (tomorrow starts week 6!! 7 weeks left till Labor day!!)

I've had a really hard week doing this (hell, I've been have a lot of bad weeks lately, I'm pretty sure I said the exact same thing last week). I don't know what it is, I just cannot stay on track. This week, starting today (I'm not really doing anything for the holiday weekend, so I won't have any temptation), I better get back on track because I'm seriously going to scream!
    Not sure what my weigh-in for this week is, TOM has been here and ate horribly, so I'm sure it's back up.
    My goal for tomorrow (July 4th) was to be at 179, last week my weigh in was 187, and since I'm sure it's up this week, I did not meet that goal. My next goal is I really want to get to 175 by July 31st, but I have a very big feeling that will not be happening. From 187 that's 12 pounds in 28 days. Ugghhhh I suck!

Anyways (Sorry for the self-pity party I just threw), challenge this week is jumping jacks. Yes, I know, no one is really a fan of them, but they're good for you.....I think every challenge has been strength, so this week will be cardio. Oh, and I'm gonna throw in there to make sure you're drinking enough water, because I'm not sure where everyone else lives, but here in Florida, it's just getting hotter and hotter out there as the summer goes on.

I hope everyone has a safe and great Independence day weekend (go USA!!!!!), and here's to week 6, let's all make this a loss week!! :happy: :drinker:
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    I'll email you my specifics. Just joined MFP this week. Sign me up for this challenge! I'm older (just turned 50) so its harder to shed the pounds but I figure losing 10 lbs by Labor Day is doable for me!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Today I'm 226 :)
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has sent me their weigh-ins for this week!!! I can't believe how far we are in the challenge!! (tomorrow starts week 6!! 7 weeks left till Labor day!!)

I've had a really hard week doing this (hell, I've been have a lot of bad weeks lately, I'm pretty sure I said the exact same thing last week). I don't know what it is, I just cannot stay on track. This week, starting today (I'm not really doing anything for the holiday weekend, so I won't have any temptation), I better get back on track because I'm seriously going to scream!
    Not sure what my weigh-in for this week is, TOM has been here and ate horribly, so I'm sure it's back up.
    My goal for tomorrow (July 4th) was to be at 179, last week my weigh in was 187, and since I'm sure it's up this week, I did not meet that goal. My next goal is I really want to get to 175 by July 31st, but I have a very big feeling that will not be happening. From 187 that's 12 pounds in 28 days. Ugghhhh I suck!

Anyways (Sorry for the self-pity party I just threw), challenge this week is jumping jacks. Yes, I know, no one is really a fan of them, but they're good for you.....I think every challenge has been strength, so this week will be cardio. Oh, and I'm gonna throw in there to make sure you're drinking enough water, because I'm not sure where everyone else lives, but here in Florida, it's just getting hotter and hotter out there as the summer goes on.

I hope everyone has a safe and great Independence day weekend (go USA!!!!!), and here's to week 6, let's all make this a loss week!! :happy: :drinker:

Feel free to throw a pity party once in awhile here. But the party's over girl!! :bigsmile:

You can do this. One meal at a time.
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Good afternoon to everyone
    HW 282
    SW 265
    Week 1 6/6/11. 262
    Week 2 6/12/11. 259.8
    Week 3 6/19/11. 259
    Week 4 6/26/11. 258.4
    Week 5 7/3/11. 255.8
    Goal 245
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG! It's been a HORRIBLE week for me lol. BAD. Family in town, eating out a lot, some drinking O:-), and no exercise in a few days, actually. AND today I'm menstrual. And yet - 163 today! HUZZAH! :-D
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hey everybody :flowerforyou:

i'm just joining this challenge this week and i'm really excited cuz September 4th is my Birthday :drinker: !! i'm choosing a goal of 210 pounds by then....fingers crossed!! i'm giving myself a sort of easy goal because i quit smoking and started BC so my body has been a bit unpredictable lately lol oh well, i hope i can do it!!

:heart: sandra

this week - 222.6
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    hey everybody :flowerforyou:

i'm just joining this challenge this week and i'm really excited cuz September 4th is my Birthday :drinker: !! i'm choosing a goal of 210 pounds by then....fingers crossed!! i'm giving myself a sort of easy goal because i quit smoking and started BC so my body has been a bit unpredictable lately lol oh well, i hope i can do it!!

:heart: sandra

this week - 222.6

ahh i just started bc last week, and didn't even think about how it was going to affect this!
    And welcome!! :flowerforyou:
    You can do this!!! :smile:
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good morning, todays weight is 199, I'm okay with that., I haven't worked out since Wednesday trying to rest my knee from a strain. Fortunatly my work involves heavy lifting and I worked in the garden so I wasn't sitting still. Have a great week, congratuations to all who lost this week, welcome to the newbies, and start those jumping jacks !!
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight 6/5: 207.8

6/12 : 204.0
    6/19 : 202.6
    6/26 : 201.0
    7/03 : 198.2

GW by Labor Day: 175

Sorry, forgot to post my results over the long weekend.
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: DeAnn/Supermom4abcd

Goal weight on July 30: 140

07/01: 146.6
    07/06: 144.2
    07/13:
    07/20:
    07/27:
    07/30:

It's been slow, but at least I'm losing. Maybe more protein in the morning and less food in the evenings would help.
  • K_ran
    K_ran Posts: 2
    Options
    I would like to join in. Ultimate goal weight 146, because that is what I weighed when I was most fit. Goal by Labor Day in 195

6/7 SW 222
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I may have forgotten to post last week...sorry! Here is the additional information:

Starting: 262
    6/1: 255
    6/8: 252
    6/14: 250

6/21: 249
    6/27:248 Total 14 lbs.
    7/5:247

I made my first goal of 15 lbs!!

Yesterday, we spent the day at an amusement park. They have a special seat outside the rides that allows people of larger proportions to find out if they will fit in those tiny seats and get the harnesses locked in safely. AND I FIT!!!! I was so excited. I haven't been able to go on rides in years. While the amount of weight isn't tremendous (although not bad in 5 weeks!) the exercise has caused the inches to really shrink.

Family is still here through the end of the week, so I am sure to have a few more challenging days ahead, but I am really feeling encouraged today. I do have a feeling though that even when family leaves, there will probably be more challenging days ahead!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    6/3: 253
    6/10: 253
    6/17: 253
    6/24: 251 (It moved!)
    7/1: 248.5 (I broke 250!!)
    7/9: 248

Labor Day Goal: 228-ish

I figured I'd post this since I couldn't remember if I've actually weighed in every week or not. :tongue:

Looks like everyone is doing FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work, everyone!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Lost another pound to be at 189.5!