SWaT Walking Group - June

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Kathy- Good job on the garage sales. I'm glad you found what you were looking for. Will you let me know how you like your stepper? I just bought a new DVD called "Muffin Top Meltdown" and it says it works best with a stepper. I don't want to go and buy one, until I hear from someone that has one if they would recommend them.

Ann

I've only used it the one time but I do like it. It's a lot harder than doing a workout on level ground, though--I only made it through 15 minutes of the workout! I am feeling it in my thighs today, too!

Jenny, sounds like a change is just what you need. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Well, time to get things moving--speaking of which--the scale is FINALLY going in the right direction! I've loost a pound a week for the last 2 weeks. Having MobiCoach to track my foods really is helping (the MFP apps don't work on my phone.)!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hi Constance, good to have you back.

Hooray, Kathy for the weight loss! Steppers really are a workout.

I am now able to walk normaly again and get up from a chair without groaning. It took me three days to recover from The best butt ever workout. The workout was not really hard except for the parts where my right knee refuses to go. It was sneaky and works on little angles, which gets muscles you don't expect and forgot you had until they start SCREAMING at you like some crazed speck on a dust ball, I AM HERE!!! But I am over that now!:bigsmile:
    I will take that workout in smaller doses in the future.

Jenny, enjoy your trip, three weeks. Sounds wonderful, I hope you come back rejuevinated and ready to kick butt.

Ann, I enjoy Leslies Dvds also, she is my go to when I am not sure what I want to do. I also do the Biggest Loser power walk.
    I do a lot of Leslies routines what I call freestyle, while I watch the news, which helps get my heart rate up!

Mary, there are tons of good workouts on netflix, and lots of them on Exercise TV, which you can get on your computer.

Teresa, are you able to do your outside walks? Is your HRM helping you to target your worout better?

Has anyone heard from Sandy? Or has she posted and I just did not read back far enough?

Time for a workout, Alice
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!

Ann.... My stepper is So old & I didn't keep a box and I don't see any markings on the thing anywhere. Sorry :frown: I have No idea who made it.

Okay! Now that I got the new HRM, I'm calculating my regular workout routines and I realize that I've been averaging a net calories of 150 to 200 calories a day & sometimes less. NOT GOOD!!!!!!! The HRM was a real eye opener for me.
    Well Now I realized how I lost all the weight the first 5 months while on a 40 lb weight loss challenge, from Jan1st to Jun 1st.
    And then one week before the weight loss challenged ended, I changed everything up & quit exercising & started pigging out., So I knew I needed to go back to what I was doing before. BUT!!!!!! Now with the new HRM opening my eye's. I need to make a serious balance. Today my net calories was -94 SO I need to eat more of course :ohwell:

So my new plan is to walk half the time I was doing, From 2 hours down to 1 hour A DAY & eat 200 calories more a DAY then what I was eating. Hopefully this works for me.
    It's not just the walking that I'm burning the calories, I have cleaning jobs that I work at 4 hours 4 days a week, SO I have no choice but to calculate them. Which before I would only calculate burning 1 1/2 hours of cleaning instead of the 4 hours I actually worked.

Sorry about rambling on & on, But! I just needed to get it out.
    I'm glad I'm back walking, better then what I was doing. And No pigging out. [ I guess I'll end that on a good note] :wink:

I walked 6 miles today = 2 hours. But that will be my last :blushing: I guess I'll go back to my beach walk since that's less time.

Happy Tuesday Everyone! :flowerforyou:

Sorry about the long story :embarassed:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I"m here!

I had a great trip this weekend. It was short but we had lots of fun. The weather was mostly beautiful, just a little rain on the ride back but not enough to ruin our ride. (It never fails that we get wet when we ride with the couple we went with) We found a hotel right in the middle of Gatlinburg that had a coupon. Got a great rate. Then we spent the evening at a redneck country bar and had a blast. I did drink a bit too much but too late now! :drinker: We stopped by the wedding chapel where David and I got married but it's closed down. We still took pictures and I've uploaded one to my profile. I should find one from my wedding and scan it. I was about 100 lbs heavier then.

I've spent most of the day catching up on my chores and recovering from the ride. You just wouldn't believe all the places it can make you hurt! :sad:

I am going to get back on my routine this week and stick to it. I've got a little project I promised to do tomorrow so I"m not sure I'll get to walk but after that I have no excuses.

I've got to look for that Muffin Top workout. I've got a stepper and no dvd's so I don't know what to do with it. I found mine at a thrift store real cheap.

You are all doing great with the walking, keep it up. Jenny, I hope you enjoy your trip and the visit with your family.

Teresa, it sounds like your on the right track now. I may have to get me one of those HRM's.
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Good Evening, Everyone!

Thanks everyone for the reviews on the stepper. I will have to check our thrift stores and maybe some garage sales here. But I'm going to go find one this coming weekend.

I'm really tired tonight after water walking. I thought I would spruce things up tonight, I guess that's my first mistake and I tried for the first time to walk against the current. I think I need to build up a little more strength for that or get my head examined the next time I try that. I may be feeling like you Alice in the morning. I felt at times I was like a tortoise on a treadmill going nowhere. :laugh:

Sandy - I'm glad you had a good trip. Gatlinburg is such a beatiful place. I just love the mountains and hope one day to move to Tennessee. You can find the Muffin Top Meltdown at Walmart for $6.00 and it's by Gold's Gym. The DVD also comes with a 8 week healthy eating guide. I can't wait to try it.

Teresa - It's a good thing you got your HRM to find out how you needed to adjust your workouts and food. I know you'll figure out what you need to and get the right combination. Good Luck!

Kathy - Good job on the pound a week weight loss.

Jenny - I hope you have a safe trip to Michigan and get the relaxation you need.

Good night everyone! I hope you have a good Tuesday!

Ann
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone.

Sorry I've been incommunicado this month, just in a funk I guess. :sad: I've read through the posts for the month and see that I'm not the only one, just the only one that hasn't been turning to my MFP pals for support. So, with mid-month, I'm ready to get back on track...

I haven't walked or done any real exercise since last Tuesday (YIKES!), and have only logged 15 miles of walking for the month, a far cry from hitting my usual goal of 60 miles a month. I also found myself eating out way too many times, and although I was making healthy choices for meals, I was eating A LOT of chips and salsa and queso. With the combination of no exercise and too many snacks/appetizers, I didn't even do a weigh-in last week.

Okay, enough of the pity party. Thanks, Sandy, for checking in on me. I'm ready to get back on track, and ate healthy through the weekend (still no exercise, though) and tonight I did the 5 Mile Fat Burning walk.

Thanks for letting me vent. I promise to be more of a supporter for everyone through the rest of the month. :heart:
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for you all. I've noticed that alot of us have had some tuff days over the last couple of weeks, and come on here and mention it. (I know I have). And everyone is so supportive!! It is just great!. so everyone, take a minute, pat yourself on the back, and say "I'm doing a great job helping others and a great job for myself!" You all are fantastic!

Ann, good luck finding your stepper, I don't think you'll be sorry, and have fun at your garage sales. I LOVE going but hate having them!

Teresa, sounds like you have your crap together, good job getting a plan doiwn.

Sandy, when you say ride, I'm assuming you mean motorcycles? and if you are, I'm jealous as heck!! Good for you, and glad you had a good time.

Kathy, awesome job on the weight loss. Slow and steady makes for permanent progress. Feeling happy for you!!

Jenny, enjoy your trip! We all need some good old relaxation sometimes. A walk on the beach sounds very soothing and relaxing! Enjoy yourself!

I'm headed out for another walk. Looks like its gonna rain and I so enjoy walking outside more than inside on the treadmill, so I'm going to go get it out of the way, and then it's time for some major house cleaning!!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just reading your posts is very motivating and soothing to know there are people who experience the same struggles on this journey.

My to-do list is long and keeping me focused this week so I can leave for MI on Sunday. I'm tackling projects each day and feeling productive. The weeding is done and I acquired some nice color on my arms, chest, face, and back.

I'm back on track for eating a healthy breakfast and lunch. Dinner is questionable this week with all we need to get done in the evenings.

Beautiful weather this week so there will be some nice walks or bike rides to be had.

Have a nice day everyone!
    Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Jenny.... Sounds like your getting back on track, Great! . Time fly's by quick so start relaxing & enjoy yourself .

Actually It sounds like we're all getting back on track. AZ chatter You too :bigsmile: Nice 5 mile burn & smart eating on the weekend Good for you, NICE !!! We can keep this up, Time to stay strong.

Sandy............ Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I Love your new pic

I walked to the beach today 5.5 miles = 1hour 45 minutes The Heat was rough, the temp say's it's 81 degree's out but it felt like 90. And that was at 8 am UGH! :frown: I thought about coming back home & taking a swim But decided against it, since I need to start work soon. I have to shower & stuff lunch in any minute.

Everyone have a great Tuesday & lets keep moving :happy:
  • sandara
    Options
    Ann, I am definitely going to look for the muffin top workout. Thanks

Mary, yes to the motorcycles. I just ride passenger. I had my own for a short time but we had to sell it when I got laid off. I think I prefer to just ride passenger anyway. More fun for me!

I hope to get back to walking tomorrow. I really hate that I have so many interruptions now. I don't know how I was doing it before?

Keep up the good work everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Love the new photo Sandy. What a handsome couple, and how nice to go back to the chapel where you were married. What is the muffin top workout?

AZchatter, great to have you back.

You all are doing so well. I am still in the game but slowed down a bit. I wonder if it my allergies that make my joints ache? Cause they definitly are. Not enough to stop me but nagggggging. I think slipping into the refined flours and sugar may have something to do with this also.

Did 2 miles today straight up walk and burned 379 cals in 40 some minutes in the garden.

The day just zips by so fast, today I forgot lunch, and ran up and made a protien shake at 3:00, ate dinner at 9:00 and here I am on the computer just before I head to bed. To bed I must go, mammogram in the a.m. Oh Yay. Nite all, Alice
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi all,:happy:
    its a late night for me too. I went to work and spent most the day setting at a desk infront of a computer. Got home late eat a quick dinner and sank into the couch in fornt of the TV until i remembered I promised I'd walk everyday. So I got up and did 5 miles with Leslie,,, she always makes me feel good. but now I'm really tired. and its really late, but I had to log in too.

I also have a step board and really find it fun. but haven't had it out for a few months... its a nice change every now and then.
    Jenny have a good trip walking on the beach sounds wonderful right now. I envy all of you who live close enough to walk along the beaches. I kind of miss that.

Alice gook luck tomorrow, I need to schedule one of those too. but keep putting it off, wonder why lol.:blushing:
    Everyone have a great day tomorrow. I going to try to get out into my garden which so desperately need my attention..:flowerforyou:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Rainy today so I put in Leslie's 5 mile walk, shape and tone-up and did 3 miles, burning 300 calories. Felt good to exercise. It's been a little over a week since I did a structured workout. Gardening is the only other active thing I have done this past week. Making progress on my to-do list for my trip. With the rain it's a good day to stay motivated to do more errands and inside stuff.

I better make my protein smoothie and shower so I can be productive again today:smile:

Have a nice day ladies:flowerforyou:
    Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Morning!!!!

I thought I had things under control, BIG mistake. I pigged out again last night UGH!!!!!! :explode: I couldn't get enough sugar down my throat. So I picked my fat butt up & took a walk around my neighborhood PARK 2 miles 44 minutes. And this morning I decided to take the 6 mile walk to the Big City Park " Pompano Park".

I'm So disgusted with myself. I'm at the point, I'll be happy if I can just maintain the weight that I'm at. Yeah, If I can lose another 5 pounds would be awesome. But getting this extra 15 pounds off seem's to be out of my reach. I'm going to keep on trying though.

I love all this gardening everyone's doing. Thats wonderful!! I so desperately need to work on mine, BUT it so darn hot out. Yesterday we broke a record of 97 degree's at this time of year. No wonder I stayed my butt indoors all day & refused to get out.

Yikes, I got to run! I forgot I need to go into work today.
    See you all on later
    Have a GREAT Day!!!

Alice... I wish you all the best with your mammogram :flowerforyou:
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Good Evening, Everyone!

I didn't get to workout and I went over my calories yesterday. :cry: I absolutely hate days like that and I'm afraid to log in my food today, because I think it's going to be about the same as yesterday. I've noticed I've been eating a lot of carbs & sweets as well the last past two day. But, I'm getting ready to do a Leslie DVD, but thought I would check in with you girls first to get motivation. You all inspire me. Thanks for being here for me. :flowerforyou:

Teresa - I know what you mean with the sugar. Stay strong and you will get back on track. I have faith in you and you will get where you need to be.

Sandy - You had a motorcyle of your own. I'm impressed I've always wanted to learn how to drive one, but I'm too chicken. I'm accident prone with just walking, so I can only imagine the damage I would do on a motorcyle. I also don't think Indiana's ready for that.

Alice - The muffin top workout is a DVD by Gold's Gym called the Muffin Top Meltdown. I bought it because my co-workers didn't believe there was a video with that name. I found it at Walmart for $6.00 and it says on the DVD works best with a stepper and kettlebells or dumbells. I hope everything went well with your mammogram today.

Constance- Thanks for your review on the stepper. I'm defintely going to get one so I can do the Muffin Top Meltdown. Maybe I will be able to make my muffin top disappear or at least make it a mini pancake.

Jenny - You would be surprised at how many calories you burn gardening. So I bet you did better than you think this past week. Also, it's really good therapy. When I was weeding on Sunday I just thought of what annoyed me the last week and I just hoed the crap out of the dirt. I felt so rejuvenated after that.

Mary - I hope all is well with you.

I hope everyone has a good evening. Keep up the good work and have a happy Thursday tomorrow!

Ann
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Glad your back with us Alice! :flowerforyou:

Alice, the muffin top workout is one that Ann has that uses the step bench (or whatever you call it). She said she found it at Wal-mart. I need a workout to use with my stepper, I don't quite know what to do with it now that I have it! :laugh:

Teresa, don't get discouraged. It seems like I take 2 steps back for every step I take forward. But you just have to keep trying. I've really struggled the last few months and I'm determined to get back on track. I've seen it written here that it takes just as long to get the last 10 lbs off as it does all the rest. But I guess if we keep working at it at least it will stop us from gaining the rest back.

Way to get back into it Jenny. I'm always surprised that I can still do it after I've been off a few days.

I did 3 miles with Leslie tonight. We had a really bad electrical storm here and I was thinking how great it is I can still workout. Then the power went off! :noway: But fortunately it came right back on so I restarted the workout. Sometimes it's really hard to keep going.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    It's so nice to have this thread to re-motivate by reading all your encouraging words. It seems we all have our days or weeks where we struggle but there are always wonderful people to encourage us each step of the way.

Sandy/Teresa-I've also heard that the last 10 pounds are the most difficult to lose. If I can find the formula from my Diet-Free For Life notes, he talks about not losing lean muscle. He walks you through how much weight to lose and what weight to get to and not go below so you don't lose the muscle, since that keeps metabolism revved. I'll look for it and post before I leave for MI. Remind me by Friday if I don't...

Ann- Weeding all day did help my crabby disposition and stress relief from work. I love digging in the dirt and playing with my perennials! I didn't truly feel relaxed until yesterday. I went and got my hair professionally colored and foiled (I had been doing it myself for the past 2 years). My stylist gave me a hand massage with scented oils and a head massage. It felt wonderful and I could feel the stress leave my body.

I actually cooked our dinner tonight. Hubbie is working while I'm off for my vacation. He is going to MI with me but next week. I'll be there a week alone with my family. Anyway, I cooked a turkey caccatoire (sp?) from my Diabetic Dinners in a Dash book. It was very good, high in protein and low in fat and sugar. Both my sons and hubbie loved it! Since hubbie is the main cook they are always amazed I can cook too. I just don't enjoy it like he does, blah!

Well off to read my book and relax. Good night :yawn:

Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hi Girls :bigsmile:

Ann.... you cracked me up about the muffin top & wanting to be more like a pancake :laugh: . Me Toooooooo :bigsmile:
    Did you get the Leslie Sansone IN? It's 10:20 PM to late to motivate anyone :ohwell:
    Don't feel to bad, Your not alone. When I pig out I'm to embarrassed to log it. Today I did it again, But I actually logged it all this time. WOW! I shocked myself. Probably because I was still under. Hopefully... BUT it's so frustrating :angry:

Thanks Everyone for your support, You All are Very important in my life " SERIOUSLY" I Thank God for all you wonderful Ladies :heart:

Jenny..... I LOVE, LOVE caccatorie ( I don't know how to spell it either :blushing: ) Please share the reciepe when you get time. doing it with turkey sounds yummy.
    Awe! It sounds like you had a wonderful day at the hair salon. I've been coloring & cutting my own hair ever since I got out of cosmetology school 25 yrs ago. BUT, I wish I could go and have someone else do it for me. Ooohh it's so relaxing. OMG! And a head & hand massage, I'm Sooooooo Jealous :bigsmile: YOU deserved it after all the crap with paper work & other thing's you had to deal with.

Sandy.... Just a short story : At age 14 my brother had a mini bike & was so GUN HO on teaching me how to ride it. He was only one yr older than me. Right in front of our house, I got on the motorcycle & did what ever he told me to do ( Oh yeah, pull the throttle) I must of went a 1/2 a car length & fell over :laugh: The bike landed right on me & I still have a burn mark from that day. I've never been on a bike since :blushing:
    Same thing about a horse, My Mom and Dad used to ride. But one day I got bucked off & felt a moment of paralize & couldn't move for a minute. Never again!!! I call myself chicken Little ( well BIG Chicken!! ) :wink:

GOOD NIGHT!!!
    Sweet dreams
    And Have a wonderful Day Tomorrow ( Thursday!!!)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sandy--There are some step routines at Jenny Ford's website: http://www.jennyford.com/

I've been doing the first part of the Step-by-Step workout for now. I know I have some step DVDs somewhere but I need to find them.

My mom (85) is in the hospital. She fell over the weekend, was checked out but appeared to be fine. She was in some pain and was taking Vicodin for that. Then she started hallucinating (seeing children, bugs, etc.). The pain meds were stopped but the hallucinations continued and now she is in for some test to see what's going on.
    Please pray for her and for my 2 sisters who are her caregivers. She is VERY angry about being in the hospital!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Kathy!

I hope & Pray everything goes well with your MOM. that's so sad. Poor thing! my heart goes out to you ALL. :flowerforyou:
    please lets us know how things turn out. I hope the doctor's can figure it out quickly.

:heart: Teresa