Pregnancy 2011- June

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Welcome all!

Replies

• ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group!!!

My husband and i have been TTC for about 15.5 months now, and recenlty started the fertility testing phase... So any help/motivation/advice/positive sotries along the way is definitely appreciated!

I joined MFP as a guidline to help me lose weight "pre-pregnancy".... So i am looking forward to more people with who as trying to achieve the same things as I am... Thanks so much...
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Lynn- I think you should be fine with the nice cream :) just be careful today!

Lindsey- YEA for air conditioning!

Brittony- I am about at the point of looking for other sleeping options that work for me, although I slept a bit better last night. I think you should not feel guilty and rock out the air mattress. Your body needs as much rest as you can get right now!

Dreaming- Welcome! These ladies are wonderful. You are welcome to stay with us of course but we also have a sister group called fit for future families and they are SO wonderful and they are all TTC rather than mostly pregnant!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am back from my weekend trip. I had a good time but I am so happy to be home! We had our last childbirth class last night. Bf is sooooo happy to be done with that. He just found her teaching method didnt match up with his learning style. I think it was a good class. I got quite a few good tips! This week I plan to really start putting the nursery together and make my list of what we still need to have the room decorated. This weekend I will also be packing the hospital bag finally. I want to start taking it with me everywhere starting new week.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I fall into section A and would love to be part of the group. With my first child I gained over 100 pounds. I know that I will take my next preg with a healthier approach. We have decided that before we even start TTC that I need to drop a few pounds a get my use to working out.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Welcome bmfrazie and dreamingsxtn!

I haven't started my hospital bag either. Our hospital recommends a separate labor bag and leaving the hospital bag in our car until we are transferred to a room post delivery. I really need to get on that. I just keep putting it off because I haven't had the money to get a nursing gown or nursing bras, etc. Both my and my husband's jobs are throwing us showers next week, so I think I'm going to wait and see if we get any cash or gift cards. I figured I could pack my yoga pants that I have worn through the entire pregnancy, but I wear them all the time and would need them between now and then. I kinda want some separate stuff that can stay in the suitcase and not be forgotten if we are in a hurry.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Rachel – I’m sorry about your work situation. I’m no stranger to emotional breakdowns lately.

Danielle – fingers crossed for your glucose test. If it’s just the one hour test, I don’t think having ice cream last night would have any effect. I’m pretty sure it’s the 3 hours test where you really have to watch what you eat for the few days before.

Lindsay – yea for air conditioning! We turned ours on last week.

Brittony – don’t feel bad about sleeping on the air mattress, you need to get a good nights sleep. Thanks for starting the June thread!

Maureen – I can’t wait to see pictures of the nursery when it’s done.

Dreaming/bmfrazie – welcome!

I stayed home from work today. I’m physically, mentally and emotionally done. I don’t know what my problem is lately; I’ve been an emotional basket case. When I called in to work my supervisor (who normally gets upset when I call off) didn’t care. I was sure she’d give me a hard time since I have two appointments scheduled, but she’s retiring in 2 week so I think she’s already mentally checked out. Her exact words were, “feel better, I call your appointments and tell them you’ll contact them to reschedule when you get back.” Works for me!! I’m going to spend my day laying on the sofa catching up on House episodes.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Been up most of the night nauseated, nausea is not something I missed. But I was never nauseated in the middle of the night or had trouble sleeping last time. Not exactly a nice trade since my 18 month old doesn't understand that mommy is tired and moving slow. :laugh:

My best friend is pregnancy also and her boyfriend is giving her a really hard time about it. I don't want to tell her what to do because the last time I did that she didn't talk to me for months (even though she asked) and I don't want to stress her out even more than she already is. She ended up going to the ER last night thinking she was having a miscarriage. (She didn't.) She has high anxiety like me and her boyfriend knows that and plays it to his advantage. He's such a loser. I want to drop kick him in the face. :explode:

Danielle - Glucose test was not very fun. I did the three hour one last time where you had to fast the night before and I was so ready to eat the office by the time I was done.

Rachel - You poor thing. :flowerforyou:
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Katrina - Hugs to you, sounds like a very overwhelming time with a lot of things going on. Hoping that your son is feeling better soon and that you find some relief from the heat. Before we hooked our AC up, I was taking cold baths to try to bring my core temperature down and that really helped.

Julz - Sending some of this heat and humidity your way, we definitely have some to spare!

Ronya - I am so sorry that baby momma did that to you, I would also be really upset. When do they go back to court?

Renee - Hope all is well!

Rachel - Hugs to you, I'm sorry that you're having to deal with work issues. Hopefully your coworkers will eventually realize that it's not a policy that you changed/agree with, but still have to enforce, and they will be more understanding.

Danielle - I think as long as you fast after midnight, it doesn't matter what you ate up to that point, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Hope the test goes well!

Lindsay - Yay for air conditioning, I'm currently having a love affair with mine :blushing:

Brittony - Glad that you were able to get a good night of sleep, but it is a bummer not being able to sleep with your husband. Stay outta that heat and enjoy your swim tonight!

Dreaming - Welcome!

Anne - Happy fridge day!

Julie - Hubby and I also have ridiculous ways of remembering things - like our license plate numbers. He barely remembers when his birthday is but ever since I told him to think of his plate number BSA as big stinky a*s, he has yet to forget it! :laugh:

Ashley - It felt like FOREVER until my first appointment, and turned out to be pretty uneventful, which I suppose is good and bad.

Maureen - Yay for getting things in order!

bmfrazie - Welcome!
  • LynnW52
    Options
    I haven't started my hospital bag either. Our hospital recommends a separate labor bag and leaving the hospital bag in our car until we are transferred to a room post delivery. I really need to get on that. I just keep putting it off because I haven't had the money to get a nursing gown or nursing bras, etc. Both my and my husband's jobs are throwing us showers next week, so I think I'm going to wait and see if we get any cash or gift cards. I figured I could pack my yoga pants that I have worn through the entire pregnancy, but I wear them all the time and would need them between now and then. I kinda want some separate stuff that can stay in the suitcase and not be forgotten if we are in a hurry.

I just got my bag packed, except for the few things I'm using until we leave (toothbrush, deoderant). I have the outfit that I want to wear there and home and like you, it's my favorite pair of pants to wear right now. I've been able to leave them alone, but I wore the shirt on Sunday. As soon as we got home I washed it and put it back. I have a list of things that still need to be added sitting on top of my suitcase so that I won't forget anything if we happen to leave really quickly.
    I stayed home from work today. I’m physically, mentally and emotionally done. I don’t know what my problem is lately; I’ve been an emotional basket case. When I called in to work my supervisor (who normally gets upset when I call off) didn’t care. I was sure she’d give me a hard time since I have two appointments scheduled, but she’s retiring in 2 week so I think she’s already mentally checked out. Her exact words were, “feel better, I call your appointments and tell them you’ll contact them to reschedule when you get back.” Works for me!! I’m going to spend my day laying on the sofa catching up on House episodes.

Sorry you're having a rough day Ronya, it sounds like you need a free day to relax and gather your emotions. I'm sure that missing the time with your nephew didn't help. Hoping you feel better soon.

Ashley - A friend of mine was pregnant at the same time as me (she just had her baby about 12 days ago) and her husband is a giant douche. After many texts/phone calls from her telling me all of the horrible things he'd say to her and the crap he was doing, I finally told her to leave him. It got to hard to keep giving her the cliche bullcrap - it's obvious that he isn't going to change and that you're not happy with him. Alas, she stayed, just found out he cheated on her like 2 weeks before they got married (and she was pregnant), yet her current facebook status is "love my lil family ♥"
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your information/support/reassurance about strep B. I don't know if it was from stressing out about that or the extreme humidity mixed with me not drinking enough water, but I ended up with a terrible migraine lastnight. Slept like crap, but at least the migraine is gone so I'm feeling a lot better today. Can't wait to get home and take a nap! :yawn:

No more research, no more stressing, gonna talk everything over with my Dr. tomorrow and come up with a plan of action.

Hope everyone has a great day! Can't believe it's already June! I remember when I found out that I was pregnant and due in June, it felt like it was years away.....and now it's here :noway:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Yeah it's a crazy huge mess. He already has a child with a girl that was my other best friend. ( I know! ) Then one girl started lying about the other and the kid got involved and some how they threw me into the middle of it and I stopped talking to them both and just started talking to the girl I've known the longest again. Girls are petty.

But yeah he's a douche and told me all sorts of crazy stuff like I need to stay away from her and he'll kill me and he'll come up to where I live and kick my *kitten* and stupid stuff. He drinks and does drugs and the sad thing is my friend is ridiculously smart and gorgeous and has no reason to put up with it.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Ronya -- :frown: Your nephew's mom makes me furious every time I read about her! I hope you have a good day off today. :flowerforyou: Mental health days are important! They're pretty much the only reason I ever used any sick leave at all before I had all these OB appointments! I can't convince myself to take one during pregnancy because I know it's the same as burning a vacation day since I'm going to blow through all 11 weeks of the sick leave I've built up during my maternity leave.

Renee -- Hi! You're looking fantastic, lady! Take it easy (as if that's possible).

Rachel -- *hugs* to you. :flowerforyou: As you know, I had an emotional breakdown last week at work, too. It took me hours to get myself back together. I work in HR and often have to be the bearer of bad news so I pretty much know exactly how you're feeling.

Anne -- My hubby won't "let" me mow the lawn while I'm pregnant, either. He has no problem "letting" me do it any other time though. :laugh: I do still have to threaten to do it myself before he'll do it though. The boy just isn't much of a self-starter. I love your nursery! And your kitchen tile! Happy new fridge day!

Danielle -- Happy glucose testing!

Lindsay -- Yay for A/C! I'm seriously considering getting a window A/C unit to supplement our central A/C this summer. I can't take it. June just started and it's already over 80 degrees in my house with the A/C running *full blast.* Stupid 100 year old house with 10 foot ceilings leaking air like crazy!

Brittony -- I had an early night last night, too. We played a board game in bed that we finished around 9.30 and I never made it back out of bed until around midnight when I got up for my first pee trip & to brush my teeth. I agree with Anne -- drop the guilt and air mattress it up for the next month.

dreamingsxtn -- Welcome! Baby dust to you! My husband and I started out TTC full throttle with ovulation predictor kits and temping and that worked very well for us, so I recommend combining both if you haven't given that a shot already.

Maureen -- I'm glad you had a good time on your trip! I can't believe you and Brittony are getting so close. It makes me nervous because I think "Wow, they don't have much time left at all!" and then I realize I'm due just 8 days after the 2 of you. :noway:

bmfrazie -- Welcome! I lost a lot of weight in the year before I got pregnant and I've found that the habits I made during that year really have carried over into pregnancy. I've gained a little more than I would have liked (33 pounds so far) but if I had gotten pregnant before I lost 80 pounds, there's no freaking telling how huge I'd be by now! Establishing new healthier habits before pregnancy is a really good idea.

Ashley -- Wow, nausea is starting super early for you! Mine started at 5+1, which I thought was unfairly early. I was nauseous 24/7. So gross. :ohwell: I'm sorry about your friend. I've never really been able to hold my tongue with my best friend. It's led to us not really talking for months at a time before but in the end, we're still best friends even though we live really far away from each other. She's like a sister. I feel like I'm lying to her if I don't tell her how I really feel.

Lynn -- :laugh: at "big stinky *kitten*." I'm also ready for a nap at 10am. Hey, guess what -- you're gonna have a baby this month!! :noway:

AFM -- An employee told me today "I couldn't tell you were pregnant when you told me 2 weeks ago but I saw you walking yesterday and you're REALLY STICKING OUT THERE NOW!" :laugh: So, there you have it, folks. From "I can't tell you're pregnant" to "Holy God, you're a whale!" in 2 weeks. :tongue:

Another of my coworkers was kind enough to show up for work sick today. He's been instructed to stay the hell away from me.

I braved the scale this morning and couldn't believe I haven't gained any weight since last Friday. I've eaten whatever I wanted in whatever amounts I wanted. I'm also very obviously retaining more water. I'm not complaining at all, I just don't understand how it's possible! :laugh:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    I was nauseated before I even found out I was pregnant. It wasn't made me suspect in the first place well that and my breast hurting. But yeah, I'm hardcore nauseated. Especially at night. I can usually get it to go away during the day but at night it's the worst.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    so my sister just called me and asked if I thought my throwing up could be a symptom of acid reflex since I am not sick to my stomach per say and I have been throwing up bile.... She was prescribed Nexium during her pregnancy for her acid reflux and it helped her so much... I looked at the symptoms and it could be that... what do you guys think?
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Maureen- I am glad you are getting everything ready for baby!

Bmfrazie- Welcome!

Brittony- I think I am going to try to get 1 nursing gown for the hospital but I have not found one yet.

Ronya- I am glad you took the day off to relax, everyone needs those days once in awhile.

Ashley- I am sorry about your sickness, I have had it really bad too.

Lynn- You are most certainly close! Sounds like you are all prepared! I am excited for you.

Julie- That’s great about maintaining your weight, I am hoping not to gain too much at the end!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I have read everyone's posts... I am in a weird mood so maybe I'll respond later. :)

Welcome newbies! :)

Lynn: I am sorry about the strep test. I hope all works out with that. I am getting tested at my next appointment. I am allergic to penicillan also, so hopefully everything looks ok.

AFM: My doctor's appointment went well yesterday. She is no longer breech! YAY! I am super happy about that. I also talked to her about my consistant urge to pee. She actually looked at my bladder. Because her head is low down she is actually kinking my bladder so I cannot completely empty it. I kind of figured that was that case. At least it isn't an infection, however, I won't get relief probably until she is born. As for her growth... sheesh, she is huge. I am worried about delivering a huge baby. At almost 34 weeks my dr. says she weighs 5 lb. 10 oz. Now I know ultrasounds can be off, but dang!! She said that she had a growth spurt. I mean in 3 weeks she went from 3 lb. 7 oz. to 5 lb. 10 oz! Hopefully she will slow down just a bit. I could tell she has been growing though because I could feel my stomach stretching lately. The dr. said she is a week ahead of schedule right now. But she isn't changing the due date at all. We shall see.

So Julie, we will be full term this month! We could have a baby this month. That thought is crazy.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Welcome bmfrazie and dreamingsxtn! :smile:

Ron- I hope you find yourself feeling well rested emotionally/physically after today :flowerforyou: :heart:

Ashley- I had to fast the night before even though it was only the 1 hour one. That was something I’d rather not do again while pregnant!

Rachael- I think I have the same bladder/baby issue that you do. I feel like I have to go just as soon as I’m done going and when I do a lot of the times it isn’t very much- it’s kinda pathetic actually. Yet, I feel like I could pee for days! Avery loves to sit low (you should see my inner tube there :wink: ) so I know he’s right on my bladder. He rarely moves up from there actually. I’m sure he’ll be like that so long as he has the room too!

AFM: Decided to just do the glucose today. At first it wasn't so bad then about halfway I was like this stuff has got to go. Poor Avery was bouncing around like crazy during the hour that I had to sit and wait. I was told I can call tomorrow for the results. Here's hoping for no 3 hour one!!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    So, last night hubby let me know that he decided in 2 years we should sell everything we own, buy a sail boat, quit our jobs, and travel for a year or possibly more. He's dead serious. It'd be tempting but I don't know if I could do something like that. I have been wanting to travel, but that's rather extreme. He's not really a person of any moderation though. :laugh: Hell, we lived in a fifth wheel RV for 2 years before. We could handle a boat. :laugh: Anyway, he was so excited about it he kept me up until almost 1:30. I don't make it well past 10:30!

I had an 8am apt this morning downtown. I woke up at 7:46. Crap. Brushed my teeth and corralled a very unhappy sleeping boy into the car and managed to make it down there (w/out a speeding ticket and during rush hour! Thank you car pool lane!) by 8:35. Not too bad. Quick uneventful appointment. But my BP was high both times they took it so they made me pee in a cup and said there was protein in it so they wanted to do some blood draws and screen for preclampsia. Then I also have to do a 24 hr urinalysis - so I have to keep all my pee in the fridge for the next 24 and then take it downtown (great... another downtown trip in our only running vehicle, which is a gas-guzzling truck...). I was supposed to be home by like 9:30 (I'm always home by about 9 / 9:10 except of course today!) because hubby needed the car to get to work but I didn't get home until 9:50 so he took his motorcycle. Here's hoping it doesn't rain this afternoon like it might!

Midwife said I can still go to spin tonight so that's good. :smile: She says odds are it's nothing and my BP was just high from the hectic morning, but that since there was protein in my urine they wanted to screen to be safe.