Pregnancy 2011- June

Options

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julie – I’m a planner, I actually called the daycare when I was only 6 weeks pregnant. She has an insanely long waiting list and I was almost positive I wanted to use her, so I called before my first doctor appointment! :laugh:

Rhichi – welcome! I agree with Meokk, many of the girls on the FFF thread are currently dealing with PCOS. Of course your more than welcome to stay here, but they may be able to answer your questions better.

Rachel – every once in a while I’ll go 3 to 4 times a day, but I think that’s a result of being backed up for a few days before. I have noticed that it’s looser for me too but not diarrhea either. I’m pretty sure it’s normal but if you’re that concerned ask your doctor. Oh, and all I want to do right now is eat!!!

Danielle – I have to look for a swimsuit too, I’m not really looking forward to it.

Meokk – I haven’t registered yet and probably won’t unit next month. My culture has this superstition that if you register before 6 months something bad will happen; I think that’s completely ridiculous but my mom almost had a heart attacked when I mentioned registering before then so I’ll wait. I’m trying to decide between BRU and Buy Buy Baby, I’ve heard that BRU is really bad with returning things and BBB takes coupons from EVERYONE. I’ll likely go with BBB but I’m not 100% yet. I’m pretty sure that it’s standard now for all baby products to be non-toxic no matter where you buy them from. That’s really my only concern.

Wonderwoman – welcome!!

Mel – I hope everything is ok!!!

Rachael – that’s awesome you were able to find some in good condition! My mom didn’t save anything from when I was a baby. But considering I was 2 months premature and wore cabbage patch kids clothing, I don’t really want Kathryn to be able to fit in that stuff anyway!

Ahmommy – welcome and congratulations!!! I didn’t lose any weight in the beginning but plenty of the ladies on this thread. I think as long as you’re eating when you’re hungry and not depriving yourself it should be fine.

Anne – I wanted to sign up for Amazon mom but keep forgetting. Thanks for the reminder!

Not much new here, just getting ready for the crazy busy month we have. Our second wedding anniversary is on the 13th, my in-laws will be here and staying with us from the 14th to the 21st, my cousin from Australia will be here from the 18th to the 28th and my other cousin is getting married on the 25th (still don’t have anything to wear). We also have plans almost every day for the first two weeks of July. God help me, I’m not sure I’m going to survive! :ohwell:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Ahmommy- I lost weight the first tri, I didn't even start gaining until mid second tri. Welcome by the way!

Anne- I have signed up for Amazon Mom. I haven't bought diapers, but I have have used it to by my crib, dresser, changing pad and rocking chair. Free 2nd day shipping is awesome.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the registry input - Julie, it seems so odd to me that they have not bought off your registry, I hope that does not happen to us......Fingers crossed for your work shower though - almost every work one I've been to has been a group gift card.

Ahmommy - welcome - I would recommend that you start tracking your cals. I had a hard time eating enough in the 1st Tri because I was nauseous and could not eat much at one time. Tracking cals helped me make sure I was getting enough in. Eating only when I was hungry back then would not have been enough because i was basically NEVER hungry :smile:

Mel - hope your new boy is passing all the tests with flying colors. Thinking of you :heart:

So as of this morning I've heard from an OBGYN, a genetic counselor and my midwife that the pyelectasis is nothing to be concerned about. With mild cases like this it's generally just part of normal variation in development but I will go back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound so they can monitor and depending on that result I may be going every 4 weeks throughout the pregnancy.
    I just need to make sure that my insurance will cover all of this........
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Name time !!!!

We are just barely starting to think about names so this is a short first pass but want your opinions......

Hazel
    Emma
    Violet
    Elodie (rhymes with melody)

Our last name is one syllable beginning with a "c"
    We will either do just my maiden name as the middle name or go for 4 names, - first, middle, my maiden, last. Not sure yet.....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    ahmommy -- I didn't gain any weight until I was about 8 weeks. Then I gained WAY TOO MUCH in the next 6 weeks or so (thanks to Thanksgiving and Christmas and the new year & my need to constantly munch to feel less nauseous :embarassed:) which had me at about a 12 pound gain before I even got out of 1st tri. .:noway:

Anne -- I'm planning to sign up for Amazon Mom to order the unpurchased things off my registry that no one gets us. I wanted to wait because the free 2 day shipping only lasts for 3 months (and of course you can extend it up to 12 months by buying more). Anyway, I figured, for us, the free fast shipping will be more important after baby is actually here.

Ronya -- Wow, that is a busy month coming up! I'm exhausted for you. :laugh: Our next 1.5 weeks is pretty busy but after that we'll just be twiddling our thumbs waiting and going to weekly appointments. :noway:

Holy contractions, batman! These things have been nuts for me over the last 24 hours. I think my uterus is actually getting tired and even a little sore from them. Is that even possible? :huh: When the OB asked about contractions on Monday, I told her I often had 3-4 an hour and she just nodded & went on so it's nothing I'm worried about. But for the last couple of days they've been happening a lot more often (2-3 an hour almost every hour it seems, though I haven't really been keeping track).

Also new this week, I can hardly eat anything anymore. :frown: I'll be ravenously hungry and I'll put a normal sized meal on my plate and by the time I'm 1/4 of the way through it I feel like I'm going to explode so I have to stop. I really love to eat, so I'm sad about it. :laugh:
  • Rachickidee
    Options
    Holy contractions, batman! These things have been nuts for me over the last 24 hours. I think my uterus is actually getting tired and even a little sore from them. Is that even possible? :huh: When the OB asked about contractions on Monday, I told her I often had 3-4 an hour and she just nodded & went on so it's nothing I'm worried about. But for the last couple of days they've been happening a lot more often (2-3 an hour almost every hour it seems, though I haven't really been keeping track).

That's crazy your ob didn't seem concerned. My last appointment my mw asked if I was having 4 contractions an hour, and if I was I think she would have been a bit concerned.. I wasn't at all though. I would definitely document or keep track of them to an extent. If they pick up more I might call.
  • Rachickidee
    Options
    Oh and Victoria, I think that Hazel and Emma are very cute. :smile:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Name time !!!!

We are just barely starting to think about names so this is a short first pass but want your opinions......

Hazel
    Emma
    Violet

We will either do just my maiden name as the middle name or go for 4 names, - first, middle, my maiden, last. Not sure yet.....

I like all of them! I haunt heard Elodie before but I love it!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ron... You sound busy! Make sure you get some you time!

Julie... Wow about the contractions. I'm not sure I have had any so far.... Or not ones I can feel.

Victoria... Glad things look okay with the little one!

Can't wait to be off this iPad!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Name time !!!!

Hazel
    Emma
    Violet

I love Violet and Emma.

We seriously contemplated Maisie Violet instead of Maisie Charlotte but we (and by we, I mean mostly dh :wink:) felt that Violet wasn't a mature-sounding enough option for her if she hates Maisie when she's older since Maisie is a bit cutesy. We also both liked Maisie Charlotte a lot so we're going with that instead. IMO, Violet seems like the hardest of the 4 names to pronounce with a last name starting with a hard "c" sound. Not overly difficult though.

I definitely LOVE Emma but it wasn't a real option for us since my 13 year old dog's name is Emma (and she's absolutely not going anywhere any time soon!). If we ever have another daughter later on, I would like to seriously consider Emma as part of her name because I do love the name and I REALLY love that dog. :smile: I do tend to shy away from names so high up on the name lists (though from what I've read, even people with top 5 names are a very tiny percentage of new babies because there are so many names out there currently being used).
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm officially 8 months today! :bigsmile:

I'm still getting comments about me not being gigantic (though trust me when I say I feel plenty gigantic!). Luckily the comments are now coming in the form of compliments such as "Wow, you're doing so good!" or "Woah, I thought you had months left! You've hardly gained any weight at all!" (and at this point I just smile and hold my tongue about the fact that I've gained 34 pounds :laugh:). Today someone said "I can't believe you're 8 months. You're not acting like you feel very pregnant..." like they were all skeptical because I wasn't laid back rubbing my belly with my feet propped up or something. :huh: :laugh: I save all that mess for the privacy of my own home. :tongue:
  • adoss12
    adoss12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too started this MFP to lose weight pre-pregnancy! I have a 13 year old daughter and am ready to have another child. I am currently at the weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter, so I am trying to at least lose 30 lbs. before I get pregnant. I really can't stand the thought of getting another 30 lbs heavier than I am.
    I plan on trying to get pregnant in October so I have some months before then to begin eating healthy and drop some pounds! I am extremely motivated! :smile:
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Victoria I really like your names. so cute! My favorite is Emma. Elodie is interesting as well! The only thing to think about with Elodie is that she may not be able to find things with her name no them when she is an older child.

Julie- that is kind of freaky about the contractions! It is definately not braxton hicks? Does it go away when you change position or what you are doing? I wonder if you are starting prodronal (whatever it's called) labour that sheri went through?

Mel- Looking forward to hearing your birth story. So is the name Buck? I am so sorry that he is having heart issues, it must be so upsettting not being able to hold him all the time.

Collinsclan- I meant to say I am so sorry you had such a rough day the other day! That sucks. Hopefully your daughter is doing fine and your son. Is DH going to be home any time soon?

I have a drs appt next week, I will have to ask about this #2 thing. It is 11am where I am and I have gone twice already.

Also- welcome newcomers!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!! :flowerforyou:

Good morning ladies!! So, went to my appt and baby is head down now so i'm relieved hopefully baby stays that way. Also, i had a new u/s tech who really tried to find the sex for me and she was pretty certain baby is a girl but she again said it's not 100% accurate so......yeah, i'll be happy with either as long as baby is healthy :) i'm getting so excited to meet my LO 5 weeks feels like an eternity. I also told my doc about my thumb hurting and she put me in a splint that is quite annoying but she said it probably has to do w my joints softening. :noway: i guess it really does affect every joint haha

I have three baby showers that diff ppl are throwing for us...... two of which i'm trying to avoid inviting the same ppl. I wanted to have just the one after baby comes as a sort of welcoming celebration but my SIL insisted on throwing a diaper shower before for which i'm grateful but i really hate to invite the same ppl to both, my aunt is throwing the welcoming celebration. The other shower is being thrown in a diff state where i have family and friends who really want to see baby and since we were planning on spending a week there they decided they wanted to throw one for us there of course this is after baby comes. Ron: i think our families are similar in that most of my family doesn't believe in having showers before baby comes which i really don't believe myself but i like the fact that friends and family have the opportunity to meet baby at the shower when thrown after.

I still feel exhausted i may have to take some time off to rest. i was really trying to avoid using any extra time off. I also found out that i gain exactly a lb in 2 weeks :) which i'm glad about since DH and i have been eating out a lot lately. I hope to keep that going til the end of the pregnancy.

Julie: I must have accidentally put he when referring to baby but the u/s tech yesterday thinks its a girl :heart: I also agree w you on the registry stuff i really don't think our family and friends will use them but we have three nonetheless.

Meokk: Those are really cute names! My faves are also hazel and emma :) We're now talking names too we're thinking:

For Girl:
    Alyssa Jaye
    Lainey Marie
    Marisa Elena

For Boy
    Ethan Joe
    Jacob Joe
    Mateo Joe

Those are our top three for each gender if we do have a boy we wanted to use DH's gpa's name as the middle name.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ahmommy Ive lost 13 pounds so far. I am 10 weeks now and not losing as fast or much. Talk to your dr like you said. When I discussed my loss with mine he said there isnt anything wrong with it since I am overweight but he didnt want me trying to cut calories to lose. Which of course I wont do. Good luck and welcome.
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    o and danielle- I meant to say about swim suits. I bought one quite a while ago, before I was pregnant. Only a couple months though. It is a 1 piece, and so far it is still fitting ok (just a little tight now). I would buy one that feels ok now but that is just a little bit bigger/stretchy, and you should be ok. Just my 2 cents!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    pmaria- so glad baby has flipped around for you! Such a relief I bet. My family/community is the same re: showers- they believe a shower is to show off the baby so they always happen after the baby comes around here. I am not sure if anyone will plan me a shower- I don't have too much close close friends around here (this is DH's town) and his mom doesn't really believe in baby showers- she feels that if someone wants to give a gift, they will. Congrats on your little girl!

I love the name Lainey! sooo cute! In fact I think I have to call my husband and add it to our list!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Rachel -- I'm sure they ARE Braxton Hicks! That's why I'm not worried about it at all. :smile: They happen regardless of what I'm doing. Lounging around, sleeping (they've been waking me up sometimes), walking, whatever. I thought caffeine could be the trigger for them earlier this week but I've hardly had any caffeine at all the last 2 days and they're still going just as strong. I've also been drinking plenty of water (over 2 liters so far today). Apparently my uterus just likes to practice. If I thought I was starting any kind of labor other than "false," trust me, you guys would be getting an earful (eyeful?) about it! :tongue: I'm kind of jealous of your pooping ability! :laugh:

Maria -- Yay for baby being head down!! And YAY for a girl!! It's never "100% accurate," so sounds like you've very likely got yourself a little Alyssa/Lainey/Marissa. I love Lainey Marie, btw! :smile: I've only ever met one person named Lainey and that was like 20 years ago!

So I decided to keep track of my Braxton Hicks uterine fun for the rest of the day to see if they're really as often as I think they are in my head. 2 in the last 58 minutes. I was thinking I've had about 2 almost every hour for the last 24 hours or so. It's only been an hour since I decided to keep track but so far it's looking like maybe I'm not crazy. :laugh:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Maria- So happy for you that the baby decided to flip (and jealous of course :smile: ). I thought I was taking the situation rather well, but then last night I started thinking about getting a scheduled c-section and being robbed of the opportunity to start labor naturally and push and all of that. It made me upset and my husband was on "calm the wife" duty for the rest of the night. I think I was just being hormonal because I feel much better today and know that we still have time for her to flip on her own and still have the whole version procedure to attempt. We're not at the scheduled c-section phase yet! I have been trying to do the pelvic tilt, but my main pain from this pregnancy is in my lower back. Even when I have pillows underneathe for support, it's really really painful. Is there something I can do stretch wise that doesn't involve being on my back? What is this cat stretch?

Obviously I am in love with Emma for a girl! We can have name twins! :smile:

So we had a major storm last night. It was crazy! Hale, strong winds, major rain, loss of electricity. We had a major leak in the house directly over the stroller and carseat that I didn't notice until it was full of water. I called the landlord and told him about it. Then the neighbors came over and informed me that a tree was on our house! Lightning must have hit this totally healthy and vibrant tree that was directly over Emma's nursery. Luckily is sorta rested on the house rather than going through it. They are here right now removing it. I'm actually freaking out a little over the lack of control I have over the sitaution. The yard, which my husband keeps perfectly manicured, is totally trashed! They took down our badminton net and have leaves and branches everywhere. I hope they clean up a bit before they leave. I really don't want to waddle my butt out there and have to bend over repeatedly to get the lawn back to the way I like it. Blah. It's kinda sad that I'm freaking out over the lawn, but am perfectly content ignoring the dishes and dirty kitchen.

Julie- I still have yet to experience a noticable contraction. The closest I've ever come to one would be way back near 20 weeks when I would get really tight and twisted feeling while attempting to walk up hills. It's crazy that you are feeling all of that!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Oh and congrats Lynn!!! So precious! I can't wait until my turn!!