Pregnancy 2011- June

Options

Replies

• Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Rachel- I love the names Nathan and Logan! They were both names my husband and I liked but were taken already by family members. :( I've also always loved the name Lauren, so cute!! Yeah for your due date being moved. Mine seems to change a lot too. My sil's due date is August 8. :) So I will have a cute little nephew around that time. I am excited.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Wow Lynn! Our stories sound so simar! I'll post mine when I am near a computer and have enough emotional energy. Wishing you the best and hoping for a healthy lo! Induction and magnesium is no fun but I hope it foes well for you both (all 3)! Good luck!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    It's 5:30 and I'm up. I was really tired last night and went to bed around 9. Emma decided it was time for me to get up around 4:45 and I just layed there for 30 minutes. She loves to get up to Daddy's alarm at 5:30 every morning, so I better get used to this anyway.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Woah! My ticker moved! Hello last box!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I had my 35 week check up yesterday. they did the strep B test. And I am now on weekly visits. On the plus side it was only +.5 lbs over the last 2 weeks, so I am weighing in at around +23lbs. Hopefully I can keep the next 5 weeks at below a +8lb total gain (but I will be ok with myself if I exceed that).
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options

But to me, there's something special about giving him the name at birth. Old fashioned, I guess, or just neurotic :laugh: But it bugs me and I've had to tell people to knock it off with my baby (my kids are the only exception, they call him by his name already and it's perfectly fine with me ... go figure). So, I've stopped telling people what we're naming him!

I feel the exact same way!! That is why I have left it at a couple names we like. I just want her to be named as soon as she is born. My extended family seems to have issues with this because they want to call her a specific name, and I just don't want them to yet. It's probably harder for them because my sil has already name her little boy. I don't think there is anything wrong with people doing it, I just don't want to. I just didn't think it would cause so much commotion among people. Some people tell me that I better hurry up and decide because I don't have that much time left... wth? Others have said that is weird and they have never heard of anyone waiting to see the baby. I hear about it all the time I didn't think it was a big deal. Next pregnancy I will just tell people that we aren't telling anyone the name until he or she is born, lol. I really have crazy reactions from most people when I don't have a exact name to give them.

That is totally understandable! With my first I didn't find out the sex until he was born. I had a list of 3 boys names and 2 girls. Most people I wouldn't even tell what I was considering. I think this time we might do it a little different just because my husband doesn't want to wait and if it is a girl I want to be all girled out (too much boy themed things in my house already). I am not sure if we will share the name with our family and friends though. I know that with my son I ended up going with name number 2 or 3 instead of what I had thought was my number one...he just didn't look like the other name.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    There are so many things I want to respond too... Dumb iPad.

Bm. We having a girl and we are naming her Elise. :)

Rachel: our due dates are only 3 days apart now!

Julie: about your mother I just wanted to say to stick to your guns with what you two want. You cant get the first moments back.

Rachael: your picture is so cute.

Hi to everyone else :) hope you all are having a nice week.

Is anyone else doing maternity photos? I think I may do mine at 33 weeks.

Brittony: elise has been way more active at night too. Sorry about your sleep.

Afm: finally got good sleep last night. Beach has been amazing. Doing a lot of walking and swimming. My friends through me a surprise baby shower here... It was really a cake and some really fun gifts. I loved it.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Anne- We're doing maternity pics around the same time you are planning to.

Brittony- Yay for the last box! So exciting :happy: She'll be here before you know it!

Hkystar- Great appointment! You don't have far to go either! Seems like most of you ladies are getting ready to bring your LO's home anytime now :love:

AFM: Last night was horrible. I got next to nothing for sleep and leg cramps multiple times. I think I over did it with my walking because I was a hurting unit before we even made it home. Every time I took a step my stomach was pulling. On top of my stomach turning into concrete as well :ohwell: Hopefully today will be better. I'm getting my hair cut and colored. The coloring is because I used to highlight my hair but haven't since November! So I have like a half natural/half highlighted hair right now and it just doesn't look good. I also waited so that nothing would be touching my scalp. If anything I'll just enjoy the shampoo :smile:
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well, bed rest didn't last long :laugh:

Dr. called at 5:02 and said they already got the results back from my urine and it was 380 something. She said even though it is the beginning stages of preeclampsia, she doesn't want to let it progress any further. If I wasn't as far along she would keep me on bed rest, but since I'm 38 weeks she's ready to induce.

Long story short, we're leaving for the hospital in about an hour! :noway: :bigsmile: Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I'll update as soon as I possibly can!

Hope all goes well for you and the baby!!!
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi Ladies, just popped by to see Mel's adorable little guy, he's such a cute one Mel good one and btw I quite agree that nitrous oxide is amazing stuff!

Congratulations honey, hope the murmur settles and you can take your son home to meet his big brother :smile:

Anyone heard any news from Lynn yet? Hope she's doing ok with the induction :flowerforyou:

I guess I'm back test today is very strong, in fact because I started with MS 7 days after ovulation and I've been getting positive tests from 8 days post ovulation DH thinks its twins! :noway: I guess we will have to see whats on the screen when we get to ultrasound!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Brittony and Maureen -- I'm excited you guys have both made it to the last box on your tickers today. It also terrifies me because that means Rachael, Maria, and I will be there with you in just a week or so. :noway:

Danielle -- Boo, sorry about the sucky sleep. :frown:

Anne -- Hooray for a surprise baby shower! That was so sweet of them! I hope you're having fun at the beach! It's nice that it's not quite as blazing hot this week for you.

Maureen -- Great job with your weight gain! Last week's eating has apparently decided to catch up with me this week. I'm up 3 POUNDS from FRIDAY! :noway: Stupid sodium. :grumble:

Brittony -- Yikes about up at 5.30. That's just absolutely too early to be up and stay up.

Last night I finally buckled down and put in the initial grunt work to research pediatricians and decide who I want to visit first. And, it turns out, one of the pediatricians in the group I've decided to call first is married to one of my favorite OBs so I have high hopes this group will work for us. I'm calling this morning to schedule a time to meet them in the next few weeks. They were the only group of the 3 I researched that openly recommended you schedule a visit while you're still pregnant. I really like that they encourage it.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Belinda – I’m having a girl and her name is Kathryn Marisonia. Kathryn was my elderly neighbor growing up, but I feel bad saying she was just a neighbor because she pretty much raised me and my brothers. She was never married and never had kids so she treated us like we were hers. Marisonia was my MIL who passed away when hubby was 9 years old.

Danielle – I know what you mean about feeling more by the day. Last night I realized I needed help getting out of the car. Granted hubbys car is a lot lower to the ground than mine is, and we were parked on a hill, but still…..:frown:

Julz & Rachael – a friend of mine waited until her son was born to name him. They had it narrowed down to 3 names and picked one after they saw him for the first time.

Stacy – yea for 12 weeks!!! :flowerforyou:

Lynn – thoughts and prayers your way! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and Josh!!!

Julie – so far I like all the doctors in my group but there are still some I haven’t seen yet, there’s 10 total. :laugh: :laugh: at “you’re….mostly nice.”

Brittony – my mom is already making up nicknames for Kathryn. I told her it’s either Kathryn or Kathy, I figure in a few years she’ll tell me when she wants to be called. Until them mommy gets to decide. AHHHH last box!!!!!

Rachel – those are all really cute names!

Maureen – that’s an awesome weight gain so far. You’re doing great!!!!

Anne – glad you’re having a good trip!

I’m going to look at a daycare after work today. I really hope I like it, it’s 5 minutes away from my office, she only takes 1 infant at a time and only $60 a week. Another plus is that all my cousins kids go there, so Kathryn will be with family all day which I really really like.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies. Been MIA and down in the dumps lately. Still doing Zumba 2 x week, every other week, but not logging cal's. I'm up 5 lbs and can't shake them.

Day care is going good, just got a new client. I start on Mon, so now I have a 2 y/o and 17 month old. I'm hoping that getting back into the swing of things gets me back on track. My app't with OB is tomorrow. I hope he has another option for me, other than Metformin and waiting.

I went to my cousin's wedding this weekend. My mom helped me find a really flattering dress and I felt pretty good. My sis from NY came 1 week before the wedding and just left. it was awesome having her visit. she even said she was really proud of me and said that this is the longest she's seen me keep up interest in loosing weight. Now I just have to find the motivation to do something every day, and turn on the Wii for zumba on the weeks DH is working. :/

@ Mel - Congrats!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yay! I just got off the phone with the pediatrician's office. I think I really like them already. There are 4 doctors there and they said I can either choose one and stick with them for our "well visits" or hop around until I decide I like one the best. Like.

I scheduled a "prenatal visit" which the doctors do on their LUNCH HOUR. Like.

Their office just moved.... to a brand new office like a mile away from my house! LIKE!

So far it seems like we've picked the right pediatrician group for us. Hopefully this initial visit will go well.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    So would you guys say that near where you live that drs "compete" for your business kind of thing? They do things that make their practice more attractive? That is the one thing about the public health system in Canada- it is difficult to get a regular family dr for your family- all of the drs are so oversubscribed- there are just not enough drs!! (luckily we have one, but many many people just have to rely on walk in clinics and emergency rooms).

Ron- I hope you like the daycare too! How wonderful that Kathryn could be with all of her family!

Rachael- I meant to say ditto on what everyone else said about your picture! you are cute as a button!

Bit- 5:30 sucks! Same thing happens to me when hubby gets up early for work, I find it so hard to go back to sleep!

Carina- Sorry you are feeling down in the dumps! That sucks :-( How do you like running a daycare? I am considering that for some extra income once my mat leave runs out and still allow me to stay home with my kids, however I would love the freedom of being able to go where I want when I want, ya know? And how to you manage when you have drs appts in the day, etc?

Danielle- Sorry you had such a bad nights sleep! I have heard that leg cramps can be really common in pregnancy. Maybe ask your dr if they have any ideas for what might make them better?

Sorry if I am missing anybody!

Since I am off work now I feel sooooo much better. It was kind of one of those situations where you did not realize exactly how stressed you were and unhappy until you were out of the situation.

Now that I have more time I have been doing my prenatal yoga DVD, but it kind of hurts! I am just soooo big! I am wondering if it is a bad idea to be doing it when I have not been doing it through my whole pregnancy?? What do you guys think? I am trying to either walk or do my yoga dvd each day (on top of household cleaning and gardening).

Regina! Where have you been?

Baby is getting sooo much bigger- I can feel EVERY SINGLE movement now. I love it because it means I feel the baby soooo much more. Same thing happen around this time for you other ladies?
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. Ugh, I've been sooo tired. DS has been going through this stage that he get's up EVERY night and is up from 2 am to 4 am. :sad: It's killing me. We have done everything I can think of. He's 3 and has been sleeping through the night since he was 5 months old so I don't get way now he's doing this. We have done the "silent return", gate in front of the door, sticker charts & rewards, yelling and taking things away, etc. NOTHING IS WORKING! I'm about to loose my mind. He does better for my husband than me. The last 2 nights he did get up but was up for about a 1/2 hour and then went back to bed. He goes to bed at 8:30 and sleeps till 6 am. He takes 1 nap a day for about an hour. Any suggestions for those of you who have kids? I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown:

On a postive note, we had our 20 wk ultrasound. Baby looked great. Still don't know what it is. This whole time my gut has been girl. But when we saw the baby on the ultrasound I thought, well that could be a boy? Now I have no idea. LOL. Guess I'll find out in Oct. My weight is still good. Keeping steady. I've gained 11 pounds which my Dr. said is perfect. She did tell me that she wants me to stick to a high protein low carb diet since your body is very sensitvive to carbs when pregnant. Anyone heard of this? I've been trying to do that, but it's hard!
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    $60 a week for an infant!?!?!? That is phenomenal! You better take that spot right away! Plus what an awesome place where your cousins kids go too!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: GIRL :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel (and everyone else)! I'm still here. I've just been feeling really overwhelmed with everything that needs done right now. So much garden stuff to work on and the four - five hours of push mowing a week are starting to get me down. It was SO hot this past week when I was mowing I really thought that I wasn't going to make it. And then I felt like I was doing the whole pregnant waddle thing and felt like I looked terrible. (Like really, whose going to sit in their house and watch me mow anyway :noway: ) I'm crazy I know! At least we live on a dead end street with only three houses past us so there's virtually no traffic. I've been garage saling and only have about five items left that I'd like to have for LO and DS for the next year. The down side to that is that all the stuff I've gotten so far is sitting in the basement needing to be put away. I can hardly walk through the one room!!! And I really need to sew or I'm going to run out of clothes to wear. And I've been helping my parents some. And DS is into EVERYTHING!!! I'm not going to complain about him though after reading you last post, jen. You're really scaring me! DS has slept through the night since he was a month or so old with relapses pretty much only when he was sick. I think I'd loose it if he started waking up now!!! Sorry, no advice here. :ohwell: Hope you get something figured out soon though! I'm trying to hold out 'till the end of June to put our little window AC in the living room. DH doesn't think I'll make it, which is pretty much the only reason I've made it this far. :laugh: Wonder if he's got that figured out yet. I just know as soon as it goes in that I will never want to do anything but sit in front of it. I'm about that bad with fans now though so maybe it won't be that much different. I'm just sick of my house heating up to between 80 and 90 degrees every afternoon!!! That doesn't make a person feel like doing anything either. I should go work in the basement since it's some cooler down there. Sorry that I'm not being a very good friend to you all right now. I'm still keeping up with everyone's posts, but that feels like about all I have the energy to do. :grumble: Hopefully I'll feel like being more interactive soon. I sure do enjoy reading what everyone else writes so I'm glad that you all aren't in the same funk I am. :wink: And jen, my midwife would like for me to do the high protien low carb thing, too. I really did try, but I only lasted a couple days. Speaking of carbs - I just made some delicious shortcake to eat with fresh strawberries. I've managed to eat two pieces (without berries) already. I knew it was a bad idea to make the stuff!!! Sure is yummy though. Thanks for being great friends you all! :heart: Have a good rest of the day!!!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: GIRL :heart: :heart: :heart:

Awww- yay! Congrats!