Pregnancy 2011- June

Options

Replies

• jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel (and everyone else)! I'm still here. I've just been feeling really overwhelmed with everything that needs done right now. So much garden stuff to work on and the four - five hours of push mowing a week are starting to get me down. It was SO hot this past week when I was mowing I really thought that I wasn't going to make it. And then I felt like I was doing the whole pregnant waddle thing and felt like I looked terrible. (Like really, whose going to sit in their house and watch me mow anyway :noway: ) I'm crazy I know! At least we live on a dead end street with only three houses past us so there's virtually no traffic. I've been garage saling and only have about five items left that I'd like to have for LO and DS for the next year. The down side to that is that all the stuff I've gotten so far is sitting in the basement needing to be put away. I can hardly walk through the one room!!! And I really need to sew or I'm going to run out of clothes to wear. And I've been helping my parents some. And DS is into EVERYTHING!!! I'm not going to complain about him though after reading you last post, jen. You're really scaring me! DS has slept through the night since he was a month or so old with relapses pretty much only when he was sick. I think I'd loose it if he started waking up now!!! Sorry, no advice here. :ohwell: Hope you get something figured out soon though! I'm trying to hold out 'till the end of June to put our little window AC in the living room. DH doesn't think I'll make it, which is pretty much the only reason I've made it this far. :laugh: Wonder if he's got that figured out yet. I just know as soon as it goes in that I will never want to do anything but sit in front of it. I'm about that bad with fans now though so maybe it won't be that much different. I'm just sick of my house heating up to between 80 and 90 degrees every afternoon!!! That doesn't make a person feel like doing anything either. I should go work in the basement since it's some cooler down there. Sorry that I'm not being a very good friend to you all right now. I'm still keeping up with everyone's posts, but that feels like about all I have the energy to do. :grumble: Hopefully I'll feel like being more interactive soon. I sure do enjoy reading what everyone else writes so I'm glad that you all aren't in the same funk I am. :wink: And jen, my midwife would like for me to do the high protien low carb thing, too. I really did try, but I only lasted a couple days. Speaking of carbs - I just made some delicious shortcake to eat with fresh strawberries. I've managed to eat two pieces (without berries) already. I knew it was a bad idea to make the stuff!!! Sure is yummy though. Thanks for being great friends you all! :heart: Have a good rest of the day!!!

Ya it's AWFUL! Thanks for the support though! The carb thing is hard. I'm trying but still treat myself once and awhile. :bigsmile:
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: GIRL :heart: :heart: :heart:

YAY!!!!! When are you do? You and I are pretty close. I'm hoping for a girl since I have a DS, but won't know till Oct 17th. Did you have a feeling it was a girl? Did you have "girl" symptoms? (MS, crave sweets, ect) Did you look at the chinese gendar thing? Sorry for the questions, just excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: GIRL :heart: :heart: :heart:

YAY!!!!! When are you do? You and I are pretty close. I'm hoping for a girl since I have a DS, but won't know till Oct 17th. Did you have a feeling it was a girl? Did you have "girl" symptoms? (MS, crave sweets, ect) Did you look at the chinese gendar thing? Sorry for the questions, just excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Yeah, we are really close, I'm due Oct 22nd. I didn't have a strong gut feeling but had two dreams in which it was a girl......The Chinese gender thing was wrong. I had morning sickness of an average level that lasted from week 5 - 12/13. Ummm, I craved salty when I had MS but sweets since....... Everyone says I look like I'm carrying a girl. How, I don't know because I'm only just showing a little bit !
    They were 90-95% sure it is a girl.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Congratulations Meokk! did you want another girl?
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Meokk! did you want another girl?

This is my first - but I did want a girl - Thanks!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Yay meokk!!!!! Congrats on your girl! I have been craving sweets like crazy this pregnancy too! I would usually crave salty foods way more than sweets before becoming pregnant. Now all I want is chocolate. I used to hate all of that double chocolate icecream and would prefer mint chip or vanilla. Now all I want is that cookies and cream icecream made with chocolate icecream and oreos. YUMMMM!! I still have people come up to me and say they could tell I was carrying a girl from across the store. I am carrying pretty high. I don't know if that's the old wives tale. Aw. I'm so excited for you!

Regina- I'm sorry you're in a slump. Geeze, it's totally understandable with your AC situation. Take it easy lady! I don't think you should be mowing for that long every week. Sure, if you thought you could handle it, but you don't even think you can take it anymore. Time to pass that chore on to someone else (if possible). I hope you find some way to escape this heat.

Emma had me up early, but knocked me out by noon. I just woke up from a two hour nap. Better get my butt to straightening up the house before hubby gets home. I'll feel pretty embarrassed if he walks in and it still looks like it currently does. It'll be way too obvious I did NOTHING all day.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Regina -- If it makes you feel better, our house heats up to 80-85 every afternoon/evening and this WITH our central a/c running FULL BLAST. It's too hot and our house has 10' ceilings so even though the a/c is rated for our square footage, it can't keep up to cool our *cubic* footage. Doesn't help that the house is 100 years old and we have mostly old single pane glass windows and although it's about as insulated as it's going to get, it's still very poorly insulated. Oh well, I made my own bed I guess.

Victoria -- Yay!!! I think girls are pretty cool. :wink: I remember I was so scared I was going to have a girl. Now I can't even imagine having a boy anymore.

Jen -- I'm not much of a believer in the "carbs are the enemy" type of weight management. I custom set my goals on MFP and *try* to keep my macronutrient percentages at 45% carbs, 30% protein, and 25% fat when I'm really paying attention (ie -- um.. when I'm not pregnant :embarassed:). That's because I have hypoglycemic tendencies so I feel better when I eat more protein and don't totally load up on carbs. So, I guess to the general population that may seem like a lower carb high protein type plan. 45% carbs isn't my idea of a "low carb diet" at all though. I almost always end up somewhere between 150-200g carbs if I'm eating 1600-1800 cals which is what I usually eat when I'm not pregnant & I'm exercising regularly. Sooo, yeah, that would be my opinion on that. :tongue:

One of my old coworkers gave me a baby present today because she has to work and can't make our party Saturday. Little vibrating bouncy chair. :smile: I was chased by a really viscious bee for about 5 minutes while I waited to meet her in the parking lot so I got in some good solid exercise, too. :tongue: I'm sure that was absolutely hilarious for anyone watching me. :laugh:

We have our infant CPR class tonight from 6.30-8.30 which means I'm going to be dead by the time I finally get home. I have to figure out how to cook dinner and eat in the 30 minutes I'll have between when I get home and when we have to leave for the class. Really hoping hubby will make something and have it ready when I get there. It's possible, but that's pretty wishful thinking.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Above all else we just want our baby to be healthy. However we really really really want a boy. We weren't planning on having more kids naturally. We were going to try to adopt. I have been feeling guilty lately for wanting a boy so bad. Did any of you want a certain gender? Did you get what you want? Obviously I know it is a 50/50 chance.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    ElizabethJ -- I thought I really, really, really wanted a boy. Hubby thought he really, really, really wanted a boy. Then around 12 weeks I suddenly felt like I'd be okay if I had a girl. Then around 13 weeks I felt like I was definitely having a girl. Then at 15 weeks we found out we were having a girl & it was confirmed at our anatomy u/s at 20 weeks. Now hubby and I are both SO HAPPY we're having a girl. Sometimes what you think you want isn't really what you want, I guess. :smile:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Carina – I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. ::hugs::

Julie – I hope everything goes well at the pediatrician visit. I finally started to look into finding one. I asked a bunch of people and they all recommended the same place, so I’m going to start there.

Rachel – the doctors in my area don’t really “compete” but there’s one hospital I wouldn’t be caught dead in. Thankfully my doctor isn’t affiliated with that one. Glad you feeling better now that you’re home. I can’t wait until I don’t have to work anymore! The only thing I’m doing now is walking. I was thinking about buying a pregnancy workout DVD but I’m not sure.

Jen – I always though girl except for a few days after my 12 week u/s. 11 pounds is awesome!!! My doctor never said anything to me about lowering my carbs. I just looked at my food diary (I actually logged everything today) I haven’t logged my dinner yet and I only have 1 carb left. I don’t know what I’m having for dinner but I’m sure it’s going to have more than 1 carb! :laugh: :ohwell:

Meokk – yea!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :bigsmile: :heart:

Regina – I made hubby turn the AC on weeks ago. I’m going to die this summer!! Hope you feel better!

Brittony – the other day hubby went to help his uncle for a few hours and I told him I was going to clean while he was gone. He came back and I had just woken up from a nap and not a single thing was cleaned. :embarassed: He thought it was hilarious.

Elizabeth – I really, really, really wanted a girl. Obviously a healthy baby and I’m happy, but I had my heart set on a girl. Hubby really wanted a boy, he pouted for half a second when we found out (actually he went totally white and almost feel off the chair :laugh: ) and now he’s thrilled.
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Carina- Sorry you aren't feeling so great. I hope things look up for you soon. Keep your head up!
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

I spent most of the afternoon reading this whole thread - now I feel like I know all about you and you know nothing about me. :)

I am Losing Before TTC. I've had some progress, but in April got close to my goal and everything started going the other direction. I've been trying to get back on track but got sick (and ate), then found out my blood disorder is back (and ate more). So, my emotions have been all over.

Both my hematologist and my preconception counselor recommend that my platelets be much higher before I start TTC. So i decided that I definitely want to be below 180lbs before than, so when it happens hubby and I can *celebrate*.

Look forward to getting to know you guys more . . . congratulations and good luck!!

Peggy
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Drs appointment went really fast this morning. Heartrate good, and I'm measuring at 24 weeks (I'm 23, but doctor said it's okay). The weird thing is I gained 6 lbs. Last month I lost 3, this month gained 6, and I didn't think I was eating all that much. Either their scale is weird or my body is weird. I guess I should be happy, since my overall gain is 6 lbs, but it just seemed odd.
    I get to do the lovely glucose test next month :tongue:

We were really hoping for a girl this time, as we have 1 girl and 2 boys. But at 15 weeks looked like a boy, and although I kept saying it could be a girl sitting on the cord, it really prepared us to be happy when the official ultrasound showed very clearly he's a boy. Now, we're excited about another little boy (although my daughter cried at first).

As far as the sleep issue, I don't know if I can give you any useful advice. We co-slept (and plan on doing the same with this guy) for the first year and allowed our kids to come into our bed for at least another year after that. Some interruptions during the night, but only brief ones. But if you aren't used to co-sleeping it might not work, especially since you have another little one on the way (we did have a few times when there was baby and 2-year-old in the bed with us, cramped, but workable, we just kept one of us between the baby and the toddler.) I know a lot of people say letting a baby in your bed will "spoil them" or "teach them bad habits" or whatever, but it's all cultural, and our kids are all excellent sleepers, on their own, now. But make sure you research cosleeping and precautions before you start with a baby!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Welcome Peggy!

Yay Victoria for a girl! How exciting!!

I really wanted a girl, but I would have been happy with either. I think I really wanted a girl because I always felt my first would be a girl. Even before I was pregnant I would have dreams about holding a little girl. :)
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support. *hugs*

@ Rachel
    Carina- Sorry you are feeling down in the dumps! That sucks :-( How do you like running a daycare? I am considering that for some extra income once my mat leave runs out and still allow me to stay home with my kids, however I would love the freedom of being able to go where I want when I want, ya know? And how to you manage when you have drs appts in the day, etc?

I like running a day care, so far. :laugh:
    having 1 child is the best, but more $$ is nice. I don't know how "worth it" 2 children are yet. I'll let you know. While you LO is still at home, you might want to just start out with 1 and see how you handle it. if you think you can add more, it's always a possibility, but if you start out with too many, you might feel overwhelmed and guilty to let someone go.

I only want 2 b/c my children are off for the summer, and that makes 4 kids. I try to schedule things around my day care kids schedule or I take them with me. Sometimes, if it can't be helped, i schedule app'ts when DH is home, and notify parents that he'll watch them for a bit. They've never been uncomfortable with that, but if they are, they are welcome to give me a day off. :happy:
    also, I want to be able to attend school events or field trips, so I ask if they are flexible. I'm not about to do more for other people's children than my own. The whole reason I want to be a SAHM is so I can be there for my kids. So far, I've been lucky, and between DH and myself. we've been able to attend everything. I'm hoping with this new family, I'll still be able to attend everything next school year. :smile:

Also, I thought I would prefer 2 full time kids, and now that I have 2 F/T I'm thinking that 2 part time would give me more flexibility and more $ than 1 full time. I charge $35/day and haven't really decided on P/T. I was thinking $30/ half-day but even $25/half-day X 2 P/T is more than 1 F/T.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Peggy – welcome!

Julz – I gain 9 lbs at my last appointment. I got really upset at first but I figure as long as I’m active, mostly eating healthy and baby is OK then I’ll deal.

I really liked the daycare; it’s only her and her husband. She’s been in business for over 25 years (and raised her own 9 kids) and since she only takes one infant at a time she keeps the baby with her all day. She’s very pro-breast feeding and said I could keep frozen milk labeled in her freezer so I don’t have to bring more in every day and she’ll just defrost it as needed. When I start potty training at home she’ll do it too. The only food she doesn’t provide is breast milk (obviously) and formula. All solid meals/snacks along with baby cereal and food are provided by her. She even provides wipes! All I need to bring is diapers and is there’s any special product I want Kathryn to have due to allergies or medical issues. She’ll also give her any medicine that’s prescribed by a doctor (most day cares here will not do this). She only closes for federal holidays but as state workers hubby and I are always off those days anyway and takes a vacation for one week each summer but posts the dates she’ll be closed no less than 3 weeks in advance. And she made it very clear that the only form of discipline they use is time out, which I’m totally ok with. The only thing I’m not thrilled about is that it’s in center city, but we knew that beforehand. And since I work in center city I’m less than 5 minutes away from her which makes me feel better in some weird way. All in all we’re happy and 99.9% sure we’re going to go with her. She just asked that I call her back by the end of next week so that if we decide yes then she won’t accept anymore infants. And since it’s a home daycare she NEVER closes for bad weather. If I can make it into work she’ll be open.
  • Half_of_Bri
    Half_of_Bri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in category A, and would love to be a part of this group! I have an 8 year old daughter and gained 65 lbs with that pregnancy. In the years since her birth, I've gained another 60+ pounds. Hubby and I would like to add more kiddos, but I just don't feel right about growing another human life inside me when I can't even keep myself healthy! So I've decided to lose the weight once and for all!! :)

I've felt very alone in my journey thus far, and I'm grateful there's a group out there where others understand exactly what I'm going through.
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    I hope everyone is doing well. It's been another exciting day around here and while I am exhausted, I also can't settle. My day started with a dead squirrel in our pool. It's still there because of the rest of my day. After dropping the kids at school, I went over for labs and they had lost my order so I had to pay $10 to have the office refax it over to them. Then I spent 45 minutes at the bank trying to unravel the girl scout account. Got home just in time for the Dell technician to come and fix my monitor. Had just gotten my 3 yo lunch when my children's school called - my daughter had been stung on the playground they had administered her epi pen and called 911. I made it to school in 2 minutes flat - just beating the fire truck. Called the allergist and they said transport so we went via ambulance to the ER. Fortunately we were only there about two hours and my daughter is doing fine now, but thank goodness for good friends who can step in and help out. We picked up the boys and came home to rest. My friend took my younger son to t-ball (and he got two outs playing 1st!) while I watched her older son. I've just managed to get all the kids to bed and am looking at Mount Laundry and just can't summon the energy to deal with it. I am trying to be patient and wait for my dh to call, hoping he can come home tomorrow. I am so tired and done with this interesting life!

Lynn--I hope that everything is going well with the induction. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Everyone else, I've read but don't ahve the mental capacity to respond. I am so ready for summer break!
  • lilibe
    lilibe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Steph, congrats on your BFP!
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Just got back from the breastfeeding class. I learned quite a bit. I didn't find it to be a waste of money at all. Then again, the teacher was the same one from our childbirth classes, so it probably has a lot to do with her teaching style. If anyone is thinking about taking one and it only costs 10-15 bucks, I'd say go for it. I feel much more confident about breastfeeding now and like the relief of that ahead of time. Our hospital is awesome when it comes to breastfeeding support, so I know I would get plenty of info and help after baby comes, but it's nice to feel at ease with the process before baby comes as well.

Going to my ultrasound and weekly check-up tomorrow. I get to experience the strep B butt swab. YAY!