Pregnancy 2011- June

Options

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Hi ginger! Welcome!

I found out I was pregnant in december and weighed 255lbs. I was up 30lbs since July!!! I am currently 286... so I know how you feel. I am feeling quite desperate to get this baby born so I can focus on getting some of this weight off.

The hardest part for me is that I feel as though I have not been eating that bad. I eat a ton of fruits and veggies and have a very balanced diet. I do tend to have a sweet snack in the evening though, and one thing that I could probably cut back to help. I also had a hard time exercising because of a nerve issue in my leg (pinched nerve and it caused numbness).

Anyways, the reason I am saying that is that your body will tend to gain what the baby needs. You could do the best you can to eat well and exercise and could still gain 40lbs. Everyone is different, as long as you are not sitting on the couch eating twinkies for lunch don't worry too much!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Meokk- I meant to say- we got one of those snap and go car seat things. (the base that stays in the car is what you mean, right?). That is all the Babies R Us around where we live had, so we got one, and really it seems to convenient! I am not sure what you are looking for in a stroller- but i got the Luvbuggy by Graco and i love it! (not that I have used it with a baby yet, but I like it so far). We bought the matching carseat that snaps in as well.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the comments on my new (and possibly last) belly picture. I'm still trying to get one of my husband and I together, hopefully tonight!

Brittony - We still have a couple things to get, but they aren't things we'll need right away, so I'm gonna procrastinate on them for now :tongue:

Meokk - Don't get me wrong, hubby doesn't mind doing the perineal massage, but it has never led to anything but sleep :laugh: I honestly can't remember the last time we "bumped uglies" :blushing: We're both pretty freaked out about it - not that we're gonna hurt the baby - just the fact that "he's in there too...." :laugh:

Julie - I'll be fine when I'm sitting down, I won't even realize that I have to pee, but as soon as I stand up it almost takes my breath away. It definitely induces waddling :happy:

Rachael - It must be because we are so used to doing everything that needs to be done, we can see it all, whereas they have blinders and don't see all of the little things everywhere. Hope you can get some rest tonight. Great job staying on track Rachael!!

Mel - You're right, it would be hard for hubby to be looking for a job, and then mention the fact that he needs some time off right away. You said he's pretty into guns and stuff, right? Anyway he could turn that into some sort of small business? Cleaning, parts trading? Preferably something legal :laugh: :tongue: Maybe he could find a way to do something like that from home. I break for turtles too :happy:

Ginger - Welcome and congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHA! Bump Uglies... :laugh:

Welcome Ginger!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Mel -- Yuck, sorry about hubby's job. Mine still doesn't have a real one and he graduated from college last December.

On that note -- I mentioned last week that my hubby has recently gotten super interested in a project that combines economics with computer engineering (the 2 things he's most interested in). Well, this week he built some kind of super computer that "mines" for an online currency known as the "bitcoin." It all sounds incredibly crazy to me, but um... it works because, at the current value of the bitcoin, he made $30 (USD) yesterday (DOING NOTHING!). And the value of the bitcoin is going up pretty rapidly, so what he "mined" yesterday could be worth 2-3x that much in just a week or 2. I'm excited for him that his little project seems to be working out even better than he calculated & planned for. I knew I married a genius. I just wasn't sure he was ever going to get motivated enough to actually do something. :laugh: I hope this works out for him because he's put so much effort in it and if this project crashes and burns I don't know what it's going to take to get him going again.

Gingersnark -- Welcome! You can get some control over your weight gain, but try not to stress out about it too much. :flowerforyou: My gain spiraled a bit out of control for the first 21 weeks and just when I thought I was going to get it back in check, my brother passed away very unexpectedly when I was 25 weeks pregnant and then I REALLY lost control for about 3 weeks after that. But finally, around 28 weeks I've gotten a little control back and I've gained 1 pound since then, and that has been over the last 2.5 weeks. I'm hoping to average about 1/2 a pound a week or less from here on out. But even if I gain a pound a week, it won't be the end of the world. A pound a week for the next 6 weeks would put me at 39 pounds gained at 40 weeks. It's not great but it's a lot better than it could be. I lost 80 pounds pre-pregnancy so losing 25 or so after birth should be a piece of cake, right? :wink: (and then I need to lose about 40 more after that...)

On that subject, today is Friday so it's my official weigh in day. I managed to be up 0.4 pounds this week. I'm blaming the 3500mg sodium I ate yesterday because this morning I weighed 0.4# more than yesterday morning. But anyway, 0.4 is less than my goal of 0.5 so yay! :smile: Somehow I feel like my body has just had it with gaining for the most part. I have eaten pretty poorly this week, I think. Birthday cake, chips, pizza, cookies, the works. Maybe the difference is that I can't shovel in nearly the amount I used to be able to. Too much baby in there taking up all my tummy room! :tongue:
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Doing GREAT!!!! :bigsmile: Can't believe I'm almost 12 weeks already!!!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Would like to join th group, I have PCOS and I will be trying to drop 100 pounds in the next year. So just will keep updates on the weight loss through this time.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my husband and i are finally ttc after i went completely thru menopause at the age of 27. we have spent the last three or maybe more trying to reverse that and have finally found the right combination of hormone therapy to get me back on a cycle, but not yet ovulating (even with clomid). i am praying for a june/july pregnancy and a february/march delivery.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So here I go on another rant. Sorry ahead of time ladies. Had a horrible "meeting" with the manager today. Made being called a liar the other day seem like nothing. I started crying during it which I hate because I don't want to lose my cool and let them get to me but it is so hard especially with my emotions out of control. After the meeting I come home to my little girl being dropped off by my fiance so he can go play softball. I am exhausted, tired, hungry, crabby, my legs kill (12 hr shift on Feet) my daughter has a temp of 102.0 and he is leaving. So beyond frustrated. I just wanted to take a hot bath and go to bed. Looks like that wont be happening. Why dont guys get things? I wonder what went through his head when he signed up for softball on not one but two leagues that play the night before my 12 hour shifts?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    preclampsia. being induced.
  • mrstyler
    mrstyler Posts: 43
    Options
    I am finally officially joining after lurking about for the last month. The hubby and I have finally decided that we would like to start TTC as soon as I can get my weight down some more. It is so strange to go from a couple months ago just thinking that we would probably like to have children to realizing that soon is actually a good time for us and now us being a bit baby crazy! Suddenly we are noticing pregnant women and babies everywhere and always detouring to look at adorable baby items when shopping.

That said, I am having a lot of anxiety about the fact that I have had symptoms that look like either plain IBS or IBS brought on by endometriosis. And I'm hoping for the former. At the moment the tactic is that we will try to conceive on our own, and if we are unsuccessful, we will look further into whether I really do have endo. This means that the 3 + months before we can start TTC feel like they are taking forever--the anxiety of just not knowing how difficult our road is going to be. I hate things I can't plan our ahead of time and I hate not being able to implement my plans immediately!

Mel - While I know you are labouring away and not reading this, I hope it goes well and both you and baby are healthy!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    On the iPad so can't really respond how I would like. Made it the long leg of our trip yesterday with no real issues.

Welcome to the newcomers!

Ron. So sorry about your friend. Hugs. My high school best friends little sister died last summer at 21. She was hiking and summiting mt. Teton and fell off the cliff. I rememeber her family having anger and frustration as well because she wasn't being safe. It's natural to have all sorts of emotions.

Mel. Good luck. I will be thinking about you. Please keep us updated!

Elizabeth. Sorry about work :( sounds like you needed some relax time and didn't get it. Men.

Rachael. Sorry about your bad night. Hope today looks brighter :)

Hi to everyone else. Will have a computer tomorrow or maybe tonight.
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    AH MEL!!!!! Boo for preclampsia, but yay for baby coming! Good luck and keep us posted!
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Welcome mrstyler! I understand it feeling like forever away, but your time to TTC will be here before you know it! Good luck with your weight loss goals. You can do it!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Thinking of you, Mel. Hoping for a smooth and safe delivery :flowerforyou:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

Ah....crazy how quickly things can happen!! Praying for a smooth and safe labor and delivery, can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures.

Good luck Mel!!!!!!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Mel
    Thinking of you and hoping you manage a vbac.
    You can do it !!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    welcome to all the newcomers!

And good luck Mel! T&P for you and the baby!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    good luck mel, I cannot wait to hear!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Good thing you got so much done last weekend, Mel! I hope everything goes smoothly and you get your VBAC! :drinker: