Pregnancy 2011- June

Options

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Okay. I cleaned the kitchen and started some laundry so I won't feel ridiculous complaining about the yard when hubby gets home :laugh: Now off to work for a few hours. I got some chicken sausage with asiago cheese and spinach from Sam's Club for dinner. It could be really gross or it could be delicious. I'm hoping grilling them will add a certain something too.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Brittony -- The sausage sounds pretty yummy to me. But, then again anything with the words "asiago cheese," "spinach," and "sausage" would sound divine to me right now (I don't know what it is with pregnant me and sausage. I used to think any kind of sausage was the nastiest stuff ever).

I've only noticed 4 contractions since 12:54pm so maybe the 2 per hour really is just in my head. :embarassed: 12:54pm, 1:33pm, 3:16pm, 4:15pm. I'm glad I started keeping track, thanks for making that suggestion Rachael!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've been lurking around since March when I started my weight loss journey. My goal was to reach my pre-pregnancy weight from my daughter before we started trying again. I achieved my goal (yay!) plus a couple pounds (anticipating that I would put on a couple pounds of water weight). I just found out a couple of days a go that I'm pregnant! I've had a miscarriage before so I'm cautiously optimistic, but still scared.

My main source of concern at the moment is that I seem to be losing weight. The first two times I was pregnant (my angel baby and my daughter), I remember gaining a few pounds almost immediately and then leveling off for the rest of the first trimester. This time I've gone down about 2 pounds in 2 days. I'm not tracking my calories right now, but I'm sure I'm eating plenty. I eat when I'm hungry, and it's not all low fat, low cal choices.

Did anyone else lose a few pounds early in the first trimester? I have a doctor appointment next Thursday and if I'm still down at that point, I'll ask about it. Until then, I thought you guys would be a good resource for me.

Thanks!

My doc said it's very normal to lose a few pounds in first trimester, especially if you've got morning sickness. I lost a bit with all my pregnancies. Stay hydrated and take vitamins and there's not much to worry about, baby isn't really growing as in putting on a lot of weight yet.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Victoria – they’re all cute names, I think Emma and Violet are my favorite.

Julie – wow that’s a lot of contractions! I know BH and just regular contractions are normal the closer you get the end, but that’s a lot.

Adoss12 – welcome!

Maria – yea for baby being head down!!!!!!!! And another girl!! :bigsmile: :heart: My family doesn’t have any issue having a shower before the baby born but Arabs are apparently very superstitious about doing anything before I hit the 6 month mark. :laugh: It’s a little annoying, but that’s life I guess.

Brittony – oh my gosh crazy weather!!! Thankfully no one was hurt.

Does everyone know about the showers they’re having? I know my mom is going to throw me one with both mine and hubbys family and my friends (she did the same thing for my bridal shower), and I’m pretty sure work is going to have one for me too. But they’re both trying to keep it a surprise. With my bridal shower I found out beforehand about the one my mom had, but I pretended not to know so I wouldn’t hurt her feelings but the one at work was a complete surprise to me. I figured they would throw me one, my office LOVES parties, but I was convinced it was a week later.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Mel- Thinking of you. I hope that baby makes out okay with whatever issues are going on right now.

Rachael- That’s awesome that your baby girl can wear some of your clothes. I can’t believe your Mom saved it all!

Victoria- What a sigh of relief that the pyelectasis is nothing to be concerned about. Hope you have no issues insurance wise. Name wise I love Elodie! I’m a sucker for anything different/old fashion.

Julie- Happy 8 months! Where did that time go?!

PMaria- Cute name choices!

Ronya- I know about my shower.... I actually made my invites:embarassed: That’s how messed up my in-law situation is right now. They’ve finally settled on having just one shower after my MIL had a meltdown about it. My mother wasn’t one for it being a surprise but my MIL was a little mad that I knew so much about it already. If she would have stepped up to the plate sooner I wouldn’t have had to!

Had my regular OB visit today. Met the 3rd and final delivery doctor (They require you to see all 3 due to the chance of any of them delivering). Have to say he is probably my favorite- which completely surprised me, not to sound sexist or anything but because he’s male I figured I’d be more comfortable with a female doctor.
    First time being measured was today- which he said is absolutely perfect. So like Ronya said- take that all you “that’s going to be a big baby” people. Shut your pie holes! Avery would not stop kicking while the doctor was trying to listen to his heartbeat- such a brat already! Topped the appt. off w/ a shot in the *kitten* and out the door I went! :laugh: .......:sad: it was my RhoGAM shot (negative blood type).
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Brittony - scary tree falling but so lucky it didn't damage the house in a worse way. Good luck with the clean up, I bet the tree guys will only do the bare minimum.....

Julie - that still sounds like a lot of contractions to me....how does it feel? do you have to stop what you are doing until it passes?

Ron - so different in every culture. Since I live in NY I know a lot of Jewish women and they can't bring anything into their homes until after the baby is born. It makes for a lot of crazy last minute rushing around and storing random items with others until labor starts....
    My sister is organizing a shower for me but she is the only family on my side who lives in the US. My SIl & MIL might come too - not actually sure who should be invited. Me and my husband have absolutely NOTHING in common with his brother/SIL or his parents.
    I'm interested to know if you are all having separate friends vs family showers??? I don't really want to invite hubby's family but don't know if they will be offended...... I was not invited to SILs shower but that's because it was thrown by their crazy cult church.
    Showers are not part of my culture at all, growing up in England we just didn't have them.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    One big huge shower. Family/friends are all being invited.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Maria- So happy for you that the baby decided to flip (and jealous of course :smile: ). I thought I was taking the situation rather well, but then last night I started thinking about getting a scheduled c-section and being robbed of the opportunity to start labor naturally and push and all of that. It made me upset and my husband was on "calm the wife" duty for the rest of the night. I think I was just being hormonal because I feel much better today and know that we still have time for her to flip on her own and still have the whole version procedure to attempt. We're not at the scheduled c-section phase yet! I have been trying to do the pelvic tilt, but my main pain from this pregnancy is in my lower back. Even when I have pillows underneathe for support, it's really really painful. Is there something I can do stretch wise that doesn't involve being on my back? What is this cat stretch?

Hi Brittony Just to reassure you that my son was breach/transverse pretty much all though my pregnancy until my waters broke at 36+2 and I was scanned and there he was head down and ready to go. There is hope for you to have a natural birth. There are some positions you can try on spinningbabies.com to help encourage emma to cooperate, good luck.

I have read all your comments and my brain has overloaded! Thanks for the congratulations again! Hi to all the newcomers!

Julie - I got quite regular braxton hicks towards the end but until they are regularly 10 minutes apart or really start to hurt you should be fine, its part of the normal labour process, think of it as a good preparation. Have you heard of Raspberry Leaf Tea, its good to take in the last 6 weeks to tone the uterus ready for labour and I think its made my labours definitely quicker and easier.

Ronya - Glad everything is sorted out for your daycare, I can't believe how organised you are!

Victoria - Congratulations on your little princess, love the names

Lynn - He is absolutely gorgeous well done and congratulations!

AFM had a doctors appointment today and everything is A-OK and have made my first appointment with the midwife to book a scan hopefully at around 8 weeks on thursday 16th. Been feeling very tired night and day different from my last pregnancy so taking that as a good sign!
  • meokk
    Options
    Oh I forgot the other name......

Zarina

it's a Persian name originally but is now popular in India

Elodie is French
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Julie: Good to keep track. :) I think at how many you are having now, you are just fine. I am pretty sure in my birthing booklet I have, 4 or more in an hour could be a sign of preterm labor, so I would just watch. But any less I am sure your body is just gearing up for the big day. :)

Maria: Yay for a head down baby girl!!

Britt: Sorry about your house and yard! That sucks! I am glad no one was hurt though.

Danielle: Glad your apt. went well, and you like the doctor. I've never been to a male for anything ob related. I just think I would way too uncomfortable.

Steph: My mw actually recommended I go to the health food store to get raspberry leaf tea once I hit 36 weeks. Glad your apt. went well. I'm so happy for you.

AFM: So my work threw a shower for me today. We had a potluck lunch and opened presents durning our lunch break. I felt weird being the center of attention, but it was fun. I got some really cute outfits. I am also having one on my side this Saturday and my MIL is throwing one for my husband's side next weekend. I feel a bit spoiled. :)

So I think I am starting to lose bits of my mucous plug. I know that it doesn't mean labor is coming right away, but it is pretty gross. Anyone else notice this?
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    brittony: the cat stretch is from yoga and what you do is you get on your hands and knees (use pillows for both) and arch your back like a cat would hold for a minute then return to a level back. The other pose my doc suggested was pretty much similar you start on your hands and knees then you put your head on the floor on the pillow and rest there for five mins then come back up hold for a min then back down for another five mins. I honestly think baby turned while i was doing the latter for the second night. I kept this up each night for the last two weeks. I would alternate and if i was too tired i would hold the pose on the bed then go to sleep. Hope this helps.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Rachael -- No bits of mucus plug for me yet. From what I understand quite a bit of junk ends up coming out. I hope I lose it gradually instead of all at once because man, mucus is not my friend. :sick: I'm kind of surprised mine has held up so well because baby has given my cervix quite a beating this week. :laugh: Yay for showers! :happy:

Victoria -- Most of my BH contractions feel like a super tight balling up of my uterus. I feel it most around 3 inches above my belly button but my whole uterus gets hard. A few weeks ago I had some menstrual crampy pain with them, too, but I haven't noticed that very often. Right now my uterus just feels really tired and kind of aches from having them so often. :ohwell: I don't have to stop what I'm doing during them but it definitely makes me more comfortable to take a few seconds to kind of lean back and relax during them. Most of them last a minute or two.

Steph -- I keep telling myself my uterus is just getting nice and strong so that my labor will be super easy and fast. :smile: A girl can dream, right? :laugh: I've heard of raspberry leaf tea, but I haven't looked into it at all. For some reason I was thinking that was something ladies drank because they thought it would induce labor. ? I'm so glad everything looks good for you right now!

Yeah, so um... the contractions really picked up this evening. Here's my list so far today:
    (all PM)
    12:54, 1:33, 3:16, 4:15, 4:24 (!), 4:45, 5:45, 6:15, 6:19 (!!), 6:33, 7:03, 7:17
    Very frequent but never more than 4 in an hour. Here's another one now - 7:33.
    Absolutely no pattern or consistency and they're not very painful so I'm still not worried but man, that's a lot. I'll just keep on trying to keep track and then discuss it at my appointment 6/21 (or call sooner if they become much more frequent).
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Victoria - I like Zarina. I also like Emma, but there are so many little girls named Emma right now, and it's not fun always having one (or two) other kids in your class with the same name. Zarina Emma would be cute, as long as your last name doesn't also end in an "a" sound.
    As far as middle name, my mom's family had a tradition that girls' middle names were mother's maiden name. Her middle name (and her sister's) was Smith. She never liked it. My grandma and all her sisters had their mother's maiden name as middle name too. I'm so glad my mom didn't follow that tradition with me!! (I also know gals who have no middle name, and don't really like it either). So I would suggest if you want to use your maiden name for a middle name that you also give her another middle name - it kind of lets her pick what she wants to use. :smile:

Julie - I never had BH with my other pregnancies, but I've already started having them this time (for the last couple weeks, probably starting around 20). Talked to doc about it yesterday and he's not at all concerned; more than 6 in an hour I need to call, but that's it.

I'm going to look into the Amazon mom thing for crib and carseat. Thanks for letting me know!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Sorry I havent been on much, its been a super stressful week at work (so I will catch up this weekend). I am training someone to actually do his job (I have been doing his job for the past 2 years). But he could care less about the work. UGH (Its the first time I have been wishing I would go into labor right now and not have to go to work for 12 weeks).
  • meokk
    Options

Meokk: Those are really cute names! My faves are also hazel and emma :) We're now talking names too we're thinking:

For Girl:
    Alyssa Jaye
    Lainey Marie
    Marisa Elena

All very sweet - my fave of the three is Lainey Marie as well, I've never met a Lainey before, it's nice to be unique !
    We have been thinking about Marie for a middle name as well after my mum.....
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Rachael - when I lost my mucous plug before its looked like orangey jello mucous I started getting pieces for a while and then a whole big blob at once. Its a good sign that your cervix is starting to thin out and stretch to get ready for labour but its not a reliable sign that labour is going to be any time soon so don't panic!

Victoria - I love Lainey Marie

Julie - thats what the BH contractions are all about they help to tone up the uterus ready and I also think it helps the baby to experience a few before actual labour starts so they don't get too stressed by the contractions. Raspberry leaf tea when taken once or twice a day will not start labour. I've heard that some people have used it to induce when they are already full term by taking more than this but if the body is not ready at the end of the day the labour will not start!

BH should make your belly feel hard and may be uncomfortable but not painful and is pretty much what you will feel in labour although they do get stronger obviously and more painful as the cervix opens.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the responses! I kinda made myself eat more throughout the day yesterday than I normally would to see what would happen and I was up a little on the scale, back in the range of normal fluctuation. I think I'll just continue to eat when I'm hungry and if I see the scale going down more I'll talk to the doctor about it on Thursday. No morning sickness yet for me, but I am keeping hydrated and taking my prenatal.

So how many of you are FTMs, and how many have kids already? I have one daughter. I had a hard time losing the last 15 or so pounds after she was born, so I'm hoping to gain at the lower end of the range this time instead of the upper end. I gained 35-40 lbs with her, most of it in the second half of pregnancy.

I'm signed up for Amazon Mom and love the free two-day shipping benefits.

Mucous plug - I lost mine in pieces with DD so luckily I never had one big nasty glob. I might not even have realized I was losing it except for one bit that I saw. That was about two weeks before I went into labor.

LittleSpy (Julie?) - I would definitely mention those to your doctor, but I think you're probably okay. I do think it might be a good idea to give them a call and at least let them know. I had an "episode" at 25 weeks with my daughter. It only lasted about 30 minutes but I was having some pain and it was definitely distracting. I was going to the doctor the next week so didn't call them and I got an earful about it! Turns out it did change my cervix (it didn't dilate but it did soften some). All the same, I went almost to my due date with her.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Rachael: no mucus plug loss for me yet.

I honestly had no idea that existed until you ladies on the board awhile back. Thank goodness for you all. You have all made me feel very prepared.

On showers: I had one really early in Michigan(we live in tn) because that's the only time I was going home and I have lots of aunts, cousins, and friends in that area. I got soooo much ofmy big stuff. My work threw me a shower that we got mostly gift cards. Then my sister s throwing one where I live next sat. For my good friends here. I think you really can do them however you want.

Maureen: sorry you are having a stressful week!

Julie: I am sure you are fine but keeping track to show or call dr. About sounds like a great approach.

Briit: I do the same thing with the yard and dishes :)

Ahmommy: I am a first time mom.

Steph: glad your first dr. Went good and you are getting an early scan.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Pmaria: I like your names for boy and girl :) I love Lainey. I know one little girl named that, she's so sweet.

Hi to anyone I missed :)

Last day at the beach. Sad but ready to go home. I love my friends but a week in the same house with them Is a little much. Loving the beach, no sun burn but still feel like it's hard to be out there without getting overheated. Have seen some awesome wildlife. Pregnancy wise: anyone else start to get more pains own there around 32 weeks? They are not much just little hurts I havnt noticed before. I am feeling so ready to meet my liitle one.
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    So I think I am starting to lose bits of my mucous plug. I know that it doesn't mean labor is coming right away, but it is pretty gross. Anyone else notice this?

My close friend lost her mucous plug all at once and after that it was about two weeks before she delivered.