Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Blah... kind of depressed now. I had another dr. appointment today. Not anymore dilated than last time... she said she could hardly get a finger tip in. My bp was higher than normal. Now, apparently my baby is measuring too small so I am supposed to rest as much as I can... (hard to do when I can't ever sleep at night), and my dr. is predicting that I will go over my due date. I didn't expect her too early, but I am super anxious, and I am tired and uncomfortable, and I just can't imagine going longer than expected. My hormones have kicked in and I am fighting the urge to not cry. lol It sucks to because hubby is at work tonight so I am all alone. I really need to buy groceries, but I am too tired to do anything. Sorry, pity party for Rachael right now.

I am sorry Rach. Don't be too down! Dialation really doesn't mean anything. My mom was dialated 4 cm for 6 weeks with me and I didn't come early. Was it your fundal height that was measuring small? Mine is small too but my US was normal so my midwife said it didn't mean anything. You are doing SO SO SO good, I can understand your emotions.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Blah... kind of depressed now. I had another dr. appointment today. Not anymore dilated than last time... she said she could hardly get a finger tip in. My bp was higher than normal. Now, apparently my baby is measuring too small so I am supposed to rest as much as I can... (hard to do when I can't ever sleep at night), and my dr. is predicting that I will go over my due date. I didn't expect her too early, but I am super anxious, and I am tired and uncomfortable, and I just can't imagine going longer than expected. My hormones have kicked in and I am fighting the urge to not cry. lol It sucks to because hubby is at work tonight so I am all alone. I really need to buy groceries, but I am too tired to do anything. Sorry, pity party for Rachael right now.

Rachael- that does not mean anything, I never dilated prior to active labor with my first 2 kiddos. I always felt bad because it seems that everyone around me was and not me but in the end it does nothing to speed up labor. Megan was dilated more than me and quicker yet I had Brooklynn at 38 w 5 d and Annabelle was 4 days late and we shared a due date. Dont be down about this, I totally get the "I'm so done" feeling.

My friend/co-worker is being induced in a half hour and I am totally freaked out by that. She was so upset last night crying about how what if something goes wrong and she never sees her daughter again. I told her she has nothing to worry about and I'm trying to be as supportive as possible. I really hate how doctors rush things though, she is not even due until 7-5 yet she is being induced, ughh. I tried talking her out of it but to her it was perfect so hubby can have the rest of the week off with her and no work Monday, ect. Besides she is a control freak like me so knowing what day baby is coming works for her. I just really worry that by jump starting mother nature it will turn into a story on the business of having babies and she'll end up in an emergency c-section. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Hello to everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Lynn – we miss you!!!!! I’m so glad you and Joshua are doing well. Thanks for all the info, I’m hope I don’t need a c-section, but it’s good to be prepared either way.

Rachel – my doctor hasn’t said anything to be about Kathryn being too big. But I have a growth scan scheduled for 32 weeks since my of one protein levels are low, they’re worried about her being too small. But at my 20 week u/s she measured right on track. And if I remember right, Amanda was told her baby was going to be 10+ and he ended up only be 7 something.

Rachael - ::hugs:: I know I responded on the other thread, but don’t be too upset. And pity party or not, you can always vent to us whenever you need too.

Sheri – a friend of ours was induced a few weeks before he due date. They live pretty far away so I haven’t gotten the chance to talk to her about why but I still can’t figure out why the doctor would do that. She ended up with an emergency c-section and her daughter was only 6lbs 14oz, so it couldn’t have been because she was too big.

Good doctor appointment today. I love hearing her heartbeat, it puts me in a good mood for the whole day. I still think I’m gaining weight too quickly but my doctor hasn’t mentioned it, so I guess everything is fine.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Sheri – a friend of ours was induced a few weeks before he due date. They live pretty far away so I haven’t gotten the chance to talk to her about why but I still can’t figure out why the doctor would do that. She ended up with an emergency c-section and her daughter was only 6lbs 14oz, so it couldn’t have been because she was too big.

Good doctor appointment today. I love hearing her heartbeat, it puts me in a good mood for the whole day. I still think I’m gaining weight too quickly but my doctor hasn’t mentioned it, so I guess everything is fine.

That is exactly what I worry about, when you mess with mother nature she sometimes gets angry. I only think you should be induced if there is some sort of danger where the baby is better off out in the world. I am so glad my doctor and I were on the same page.

Glad the doctors appointment went well. I wouldnt worry about weight gain, you are usually under calories from what I can tell and you exercise everyday. I am sure whatever you're gaining is because Kathryn needs it.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Also posted on pregnancy board...

Thanks ladies, I am glad I have you for support. I am doing much better today. Yesterday’s appointment just seemed to be all negative. It was like boom… your baby is too small, boom your bp is too high, boom you won’t be delivering anytime soon. Well, I also got grilled with symptoms of pre eclampsia, so I guess my MW was concerned about that. She said if I have any symptoms whatsoever I need to give her a call. Because my bp was high and I was retaining a bunch of water she was concerned. As, far as measurements, Anne, I have never been measured for fundal growth. I’ve only had the ultrasounds. So a bit ago I thought I was going to have a huge baby because she had this big growth spurt, and now after 3 weeks she hasn’t even gained 1 lb. I know ultrasounds aren’t exact, but my MW seemed concerned because her tummy was measuring quite small. So, if that is the case and she isn’t growing like she is supposed to, well then I want her to stay and grow healthy and strong. The depressing thing about it is if I go late then my MW will be out of town. I have spent all this time developing a relationship with her, and I only want her to deliver my baby. I don’t want some jerk on call to just come in and deliver her. I am not comfortable with that. So, for that reason alone I hope she doesn’t come late. As far as being dilated and effaced, she never mentioned anything about effacement, and I know one finger would be 1 cm. She was hoping for 2, but she couldn’t even get one finger, just the very tip. She said it was very tight in there. Oh, and it is a good thing that I have an office job, because my MW was questioning whether I should work, and now when I go home from work, I am just supposed to rest and not do much.

But you ladies are all right, no one knows how the pregnancy will progress, and really I just want her to be healthy. I just got overly emotional yesterday. It’s nice I have you all to bounce things off of. You make me feel like I can be more reasonable about things. Thanks!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

That is exactly what I worry about, when you mess with mother nature she sometimes gets angry. I only think you should be induced if there is some sort of danger where the baby is better off out in the world. I am so glad my doctor and I were on the same page.

Glad the doctors appointment went well. I wouldnt worry about weight gain, you are usually under calories from what I can tell and you exercise everyday. I am sure whatever you're gaining is because Kathryn needs it.

I agree. I am SURE that if I were induced with anyone other than the midwives that I would have gone in for a C/S. They never mentioned the word, but they did say things like "discuss our options" etc when I was not progressing further after about 18 hours. They did everything they could to get me through w/out a C/S. It was really nice to know they wanted my VBAC as much as I did! I know any other Dr would have just sliced and diced on so many opportunities (1 being a former C/S, 2 instead of inducing when i got PreE, 3 when I stopped progressing, 4 when it was going on 24 hours...)
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Also posted on pregnancy board...

Thanks ladies, I am glad I have you for support. I am doing much better today. Yesterday’s appointment just seemed to be all negative. It was like boom… your baby is too small, boom your bp is too high, boom you won’t be delivering anytime soon. Well, I also got grilled with symptoms of pre eclampsia, so I guess my MW was concerned about that. She said if I have any symptoms whatsoever I need to give her a call. Because my bp was high and I was retaining a bunch of water she was concerned. As, far as measurements, Anne, I have never been measured for fundal growth. I’ve only had the ultrasounds. So a bit ago I thought I was going to have a huge baby because she had this big growth spurt, and now after 3 weeks she hasn’t even gained 1 lb. I know ultrasounds aren’t exact, but my MW seemed concerned because her tummy was measuring quite small. So, if that is the case and she isn’t growing like she is supposed to, well then I want her to stay and grow healthy and strong. The depressing thing about it is if I go late then my MW will be out of town. I have spent all this time developing a relationship with her, and I only want her to deliver my baby. I don’t want some jerk on call to just come in and deliver her. I am not comfortable with that. So, for that reason alone I hope she doesn’t come late. As far as being dilated and effaced, she never mentioned anything about effacement, and I know one finger would be 1 cm. She was hoping for 2, but she couldn’t even get one finger, just the very tip. She said it was very tight in there. Oh, and it is a good thing that I have an office job, because my MW was questioning whether I should work, and now when I go home from work, I am just supposed to rest and not do much.

But you ladies are all right, no one knows how the pregnancy will progress, and really I just want her to be healthy. I just got overly emotional yesterday. It’s nice I have you all to bounce things off of. You make me feel like I can be more reasonable about things. Thanks!

Happy thoughts and refocus your attention.. lol :happy: Did you guys make a final name decision, or are you having a few and deciding once you meet her?
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

I agree. I am SURE that if I were induced with anyone other than the midwives that I would have gone in for a C/S. They never mentioned the word, but they did say things like "discuss our options" etc when I was not progressing further after about 18 hours. They did everything they could to get me through w/out a C/S. It was really nice to know they wanted my VBAC as much as I did! I know any other Dr would have just sliced and diced on so many opportunities (1 being a former C/S, 2 instead of inducing when i got PreE, 3 when I stopped progressing, 4 when it was going on 24 hours...)

I am glad you got the birth you wanted, I told her if the pitocin gets too strong speak up and tell them to ease off. The broke her water and gave her an epi at 4cm...I sure hope they dont play the up down up down game between pit and epi.
  • Rachickidee
    Options
    Happy thoughts and refocus your attention.. lol :happy: Did you guys make a final name decision, or are you having a few and deciding once you meet her?

We are going in with Edan, Adeline and Lorelei and once we see her we will decide from there. :)
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sorry 'bout the double post..... :blushing:

Just thought I'd pop in an say 'hi'. I'm so sorry that I'm not a more active part of this wonderful group of ladies. I so enjoy reading what you all post (although I haven't read anything since Monday morning:sad: ) and I feel bad for not being more of a team player. I know everyone has their excuses but here are mine.... So - starting this week and continuing until the week before the baby is due we go to a farmer's market one day a week. That means that on Monday we have to pick the vegetables out of our garden and go to a produce auction to get the rest of the things we need. The market is on Tuesday. One other day a week I spend baking stuff to take. That happens every week besides chasing after an active two-year-old, laundry, meals, mowing, gardening, and anything else that might come up. My schedule for the rest of this week goes something like this - we had almost a bushel of peaches left from market so I need to turn them into peach jam to sell. There's about 30 pounds of tomatoes left and I need to make salsa with them. There was also zuchinni left so I want to grate enough of that to make a double batch of zuchinni bread for the rest of the markets. I need to till the garden and hoe it. Mow if DH has to work so much that he doesn't get it done. Bake 20 dozen cookies and 14 loaves of bread. And on top of it all DS has come down with a cold and was in our bed a couple hours last night because he wasn't breathing right. Now we're both slightly cranky - him because of his cold and me because of lack of sleep. Despite how much there is to do I think I'm going to lay down and take a little nap while he's sleeping. :yawn: I really don't think I'm going to be able to get motivated to do anything otherwise. I don't really mean to complain - I really do love my life. It's just that I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now.... I keep sorta fussing with DH because he doesn't want to do market next year because he doesn't think I'll be able to handle it with two kids. I think I might quite fussing with him and admit that he might be more right than I want to think. :tongue:

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!!! :heart: My dad took us out to Red Lobster for supper. It was so yummy!!! Seems like the only sit-down place DH and I ever go to is Golden Corral. That since he is such a picky eater and we know that we can always find something we both like there. :laugh:

I really do miss being more active with you all and I appreciate your patience with me. The point of this post was to help you understand what's going on in my life that I'm not going to be around much for the next couple months. (I'm really thinking that things will probably actually slown down a little once that baby gets here....) Anyway, my lack of participtation doesn't mean that I'm not still trying to keep up with the rest of you or that I love being a part of this group any less. I'll try an post every once in a while and let you know how my summer's going. Love you all!!! :love:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    i have some great news! Today I confirmed my 4 yr old for a spot in the state preschool! That means 5 days a week 8a to 1p FREE! That'd cost around $600-700 a month if we had to pay, and we've been paying $125 a month for 2 days a week for the last year.

This will be a huge help to working full time with 2 kids. I will sort of miss having the boy around during the day, but not THAT much. :) Having to be somewhere at 8 am every day though (that's not the gym) ... ah well, it was bound to happen eventually.

Of course...I lied to get him in, by saying he is fully potty trained, and he is SO not fully potty trained, so we have exactly one month to get this nailed down. He's fine when I tell him to go, but he will not come to me to tell me if he has to go...
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Sheri- That’s weird that she is being induced, it has to be her choice that she is?

Ron- glad your apt. went well. If your dr. hasn’t mentioned the weight you are probably okay. You could ask next time if you are worried.

Rachael- Are you feeling okay at work still? Make sure you are getting your rest :) I love your final three choices, I am sure you will pick the perfect name for her.

Mel- I am glad you had such supportive nurses! So glad about your news for the pre-school! That’s amazing! I hope he can get potty trained fast!

Regina- I second what I said on the other board! Glad to hear from you.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

We are going in with Edan, Adeline and Lorelei and once we see her we will decide from there. :)

Great idea!

Regina- great to hear from you! Not sure how you manage all that you do
    i have some great news! Today I confirmed my 4 yr old for a spot in the state preschool! That means 5 days a week 8a to 1p FREE! That'd cost around $600-700 a month if we had to pay, and we've been paying $125 a month for 2 days a week for the last year.

This will be a huge help to working full time with 2 kids. I will sort of miss having the boy around during the day, but not THAT much. :) Having to be somewhere at 8 am every day though (that's not the gym) ... ah well, it was bound to happen eventually.

Of course...I lied to get him in, by saying he is fully potty trained, and he is SO not fully potty trained, so we have exactly one month to get this nailed down. He's fine when I tell him to go, but he will not come to me to tell me if he has to go...

That is awesome! When does school begin? My 4 year old got a spot in the free school but it's only 8-11:30, I figure anything is better than him being bored all day. Potty training can be tricky and no 2 kids are alike, my first got trained just before he turned 3 and that was hard. He resisted but "performed" for candy. My second did it for candy as well, guess bribery is my style :blushing:

Baby arrived safe and sound just before 1pm without a c-section, thank goodness! So excited to go meet him tomorrow after work. He is tiny 6 lb 10oz, big difference even from my Brooklynn!

No Julie.... haven't seen any posts from her today.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh Sheri, you know I'm still here! :laugh: I am having some lovely bloody show tonight though! :bigsmile: (and also :sick: since it caught me by total surprise... while at a friend's house... a male friend's house. :laugh: ) So glad to hear everything worked out okay for your friend!

Mel -- YAY for preschool!

Regina -- Hi!
  • Rachickidee
    Options
    Mel: Yay for the daycare. That is awesome news! I bet you are super stoked.

Anne: I am doing ok at work, just way tired now. I do mostly sit at a desk, but lately work has been slow, so it is sooo hard not to fall asleep lol.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your positive comments. *hugs* It's been a tough few days. got some deep conversations in, with dh. Kind of worried about what the future holds, since he really doesn't want another child and I do, strongly. Not sure if it's a deal breaker. too soon to tell.

my counselor said I need to do something nice, just for me, every day AND walk every day that I don't do Zumba. so I walked b/c Zumba was cancelled. (gr. 8 graduation in school gym) found a little turtle trying to cross the street, so I made sure it crossed safely. :)

today, i was going to skip shaving my legs, but changed my mind. and i went to a sushi restaurant with dh and some friends, so I put make up on JUST BECAUSE! :) felt good about my self. :)

Tomorrow is first day of summer vacay for the kids. I will take them to the play group and try to make their day a good one. Don't know what I'll do for me yet.

Thinking of every one of you awesome ladies. *hugs*
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @ Danielle - I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. *hugs*
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Julie – woohoo! I see a baby in your near future. I had bloody show only once and had a baby a 8 hours later, I hope this is the case to put an end to your contractions and a beginning to life with Maisie.
    Rachael- Any way to get out of work already? Desk job or not, if I remember correctly you do accounting as well? My job is so stressful that I actually think it may be the reason for all of the premature labor stuff.
    Carina- that’s a tough one, a baby has to be wanted by both so it could totally be a deal breaker to me. I am glad you got some make up on, it always makes me feel better about myself too. Hope you find something fun to do today for yourself, I keep thinking mani / pedi, I haven’t had one in years but those always make you feel good.
    Danielle- what happened with your cousin? I don’t see anything posted on here. Did I miss it because it was on the other board? Hope all is well
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Sheri- glad the baby arrived safe and sound… and I use bribery for my high schoolers (yes they love candy just as much as the little ones hah) so I am sure I will use that some as well.

Rachael- I am glad work is going okay! I understand what you mean though if it is slow wanting to take a little nap hehe.

Carina- glad you are doing something for you! That sounds like a great start.