The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• beccahowes
    beccahowes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 13, level 2 is evil!! but I actually have arm muscle now, hoping I will improve on my half inch loss from the first 10 days, this is definitely the most effective home work out I've ever done so if you feel like giving up just remember people like me who have not set foot in a gym since school are getting results so you just gotta persevere!
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just got the video yesterday and did Day 1 Level 1. WHEW! I'm glad I've been working out steadily for a month already or I think I would have DIED, lol. It is hard stuff. Serious props to all of you people who have done the whole thing! That is a major accomplishment! I can't wait to finish! I am loving it so far!
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started level 1, day 1 yesterday (June 8th) and I am absolutely burning today! I am doing the 30DS in conjunction with working out with a personal trainer 3 days a week. . .I faced the music and took some "before" photos, they aren't pretty - - looking forward to my after's!
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • updowngirl
    updowngirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomarrow. I am definitely going to take pictures and I'll put the before on my profile----great inspiration everyone! Friend me if you want to shred together--I have one friend who started yesterday and support would be awesome. woohoo to all of you who are doing so well!
  • tjalt
    tjalt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started 4 days ago and I have already lost 4 pounds. CRAZY!! I know.....but I just completed my first marathon less than a month ago so since Jan all I have really done is run, run, run and run some more! So I think my body is grateful for the change :) My goal was to lose 10# in these 30 days and I'm shocked I'm almost half way there! I am also eating really well - no processed foods, all organic veggies/fruits (well, everything I eat is organic) and enjoying a new challenge. I actually gained some wt (about 5#) while training for my marathon and now I am ready to get SHREDDED and TONED!! Bring it on! Oh, and NOT SKIPPING ONE DAY!!!
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I got my DVD the other day, but I'm not starting for a while yet because I've just started the C25K, and I want to get a bit fitter by doing that before I even attempt the 30DS! I'm also going on holiday at the end of the month so wont be able to do the DVD.

I'm so excited to start! Must dig out my weights and see what weight they are, been so long since I used them!
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    I just finished my first day of the shred, far out for a 20 minute work out, I was like jelly after it. But I did it, and kind of scared about tommorow. I have not done this kind of work out since I was around 20 Im 38 this month. I am determined to do this... Anyone doing the shred please add me as i NEED the encouragement.... HA!

Keep going.. Day 2 was my worst day.. Was so sore after Day 1, I could only manage 3 press ups!! Thought I'd seize up on Day 3 - but surprisingly Day 3 was easier. So much so, I actually think I may be able to get to Level 2 on Day 11... Now, might be a bit ambitious - but I was so happy with Day 3 its seriously motivated me!!

Keep at it. You'll surprise yourself... Honest!!

I'm glad I saw this! I just started it last night, and I can barely sit down to use the bathroom, lol! I was nervous about today, but I know it's worth it!!! I don't have any weights right now so I used two jars of fruit :)
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1, Day 5 and today I am hardly sore at all. Day 3 was my sorest day, but I was and still am determined to do it every day for the full 30 days without any days off. I took before pictures and as soon as my month is up, I will take afters and post here. Good luck to you all! (Add me if you want another friend!!!) <3
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've been seriously thinking about starting 30DS and this thread has convinced me to do it!!! I'm going to check with comcast on demand and pick up some weights. I think I'll start on monday!
    Current;y, I go to the gym 5-6days per week and do yoga 3-4days per week....I have a feeling I will not be able to continue with my routine and do the shred so maybe cut gym and yoga days??? Also, I am not around most weekends so do you think it'd be ok to take a two break once a week??
    Everyone looks just absolutely amazing and good luck to all those still working on it!!!!!!!!!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am still pretty new to the site and I started my healthier lifestyle with cutting calories/eating healthier and the shred. Because of where I was starting I did take one day a week off from the shred for the first two weeks because I felt like I was building muscle so quickly that I was getting muscle cramps on top of being really sore. I finished day 20 today and doubt I will need any days off until the end now. I'm amazed how much stronger I am already and I still have 10 days to go! So basically as long as you hold yourself accountable to the workouts and don't make a rest day turn into rest days, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a rest day if you need one because not everyone is in the same place. :o) *On days I was just sore I pushed through but those two bad muscle cramp days I skipped to rest.
  • s_nilu
    s_nilu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

hello everyone,

Pics of before and after are truly amazing...i can't belive it how much change it has done to your bodies.

after going through this success stories topic, i started Jillian 30 day shred on Monday this week and i wanted to know..other than this 25 minute workout, did you do any other excersises? I am Calorie count diet but wanted to know if any other excises can be benificial as i am desperate to loose inches from my tummy.

thanks
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    BUMP!

hello everyone,

Pics of before and after are truly amazing...i can't belive it how much change it has done to your bodies.

after going through this success stories topic, i started Jillian 30 day shred on Monday this week and i wanted to know..other than this 25 minute workout, did you do any other excersises? I am Calorie count diet but wanted to know if any other excises can be benificial as i am desperate to loose inches from my tummy.

thanks

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I did my 20 min on the treadmill about 30 min before I did 30 DS, and I could def tell! I think that doing something extra wouldn't hurt :) Especially if you added more strenght training or something like yoga to help stretch you out
  • jojo1371
    jojo1371 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started the shred. Today will be my Day 3. You guys have achieved some great results and this has honestly motivated me so much more! I can't wait to share my results :)
  • mendogirl
    mendogirl Posts: 87
    Options
    everyone looks so awesome:) its super inspiring for us who are just starting it! everytime i wanna give up i will keep these pictures in mind! im on day 4... and SO SORE!!

good luck everyone!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bumpety bump...great thread! All the pics and anecdotes r awesome!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I started a couple of weeks ago and was so sore and had such bad muscle cramps in my legs that I quit... I know I am so horrible, but now I want to change! I am so down for doing this!!! All yall look so great and I really believe it will be worth all the pain! Good luck to those who are still in it!
  • Stelynru
    Stelynru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13 (day 3 of level 2) and I really don't get sore anymore, but it is still a killer workout. Hopefully I can post some before and after pics at the end of this. Aside from 30ds in the morning/afternoon, I also try to get in a walk/elliptical or some other cardio a few nights a week.
  • luna88
    luna88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am so going to do this shred! I have the dvd at home as well as many other of Jillian's Dvd's but I have stopped doing them. I'm going to pick it up starting next week (going away on the weekend) and hopefully get some results! Does anyone know what the gear requirements are for this dvd (weights, mat, stepper) I want to make sure I have it all ready?
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    What is this 30 Day Shred Thread and where can I find it I want to give it a try
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!