"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I've been doing sumo burpees...my glutes hurt!
  • LadyPHX
    LadyPHX Posts: 52
    Options
    Did 4 more sumo-squat-burpee(s) off TF. I just do what Chalene yells at me to. 8 down, countless more to go. :)
    Keep it up ladies.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Did 4 more sumo-squat-burpee(s) off TF. I just do what Chalene yells at me to. 8 down, countless more to go. :)
    Keep it up ladies.

CJ is no joke but she is whipping my body into shape as well.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    5'10" here! I have lost 10 pounds so far and I can't see it at all. It's so frustrating!

Me too 10lbs gone and you cannot even see it, if I were shorter I might of lost a size with this kind of loss!
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Girl, girls girls. It has been (mumble mumble) since my last confession.

I PAR-TAYED down over Fourth of July weekend. I drank cocktails and didn't track my food intake. (This after I pledged not to drink during July... guess we know who can't say no :drinker: )

But now I'm back on track. I worked out hard doing circuit training yesterday, but still didn't do that great food-wise.

I rode my bike til I was dripping sweat today for 45 minutes and I'm about to do my 20 push ups. I ate okay, stayed within my calorie range, but found myself craving ice cream. Sheer willpower got me through that.

Hope you are all doing great! It's good to be back!:flowerforyou:
  • djkymba
    Options
    Wait, I just saw that Desirai is aching from some burpees. Are we on to a new phase of the challenge? Like I say, I've been a slacker.
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies

how are you all doing? I'm a totaly tall girl from edinburgh. I'm 5'9.5" and I'm totally with you with the feeling that a 10lb loss doesn't seem the same as that on a smaller friend :(
    how annoying. Grrr!
    But I'll get there in the end!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Wait, I just saw that Desirai is aching from some burpees. Are we on to a new phase of the challenge? Like I say, I've been a slacker.

SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLACKEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!! lOL

Yeah we are doing 15 burpees a day now. You can do the modified ones or go extreme. I posted some videos from youtube.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Girl, girls girls. It has been (mumble mumble) since my last confession.

I PAR-TAYED down over Fourth of July weekend. I drank cocktails and didn't track my food intake. (This after I pledged not to drink during July... guess we know who can't say no :drinker: )

But now I'm back on track. I worked out hard doing circuit training yesterday, but still didn't do that great food-wise.

I rode my bike til I was dripping sweat today for 45 minutes and I'm about to do my 20 push ups. I ate okay, stayed within my calorie range, but found myself craving ice cream. Sheer willpower got me through that.

Hope you are all doing great! It's good to be back!:flowerforyou:

I'm glad you got back to it. Its ok to break away from the grind every once in awhile as long as you can get back on the right path. You are exercising so everything will eventually fall back in line pretty soon.
  • vdenson
    vdenson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Five nine here and loves to wear heels! I'm totally in. I NEED TO DROP THIS WEIGHT! Add me as a friend if you like.
    1169808.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks BUT my new shorts that I bought in April and didn't fit (too cute and super onsale, had to buy) FINALLY fit me today!!!!! Yay yay yay!!!! :happy:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks BUT my new shorts that I bought in April and didn't fit (too cute and super onsale, had to buy) FINALLY fit me today!!!!! Yay yay yay!!!! :happy:

WOOOHOO!! That's an awesome NSV!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    5'10" here! I have a question for all of you (thanks for starting this group, by the way). I have always thought that tall people like us have a better chance of having joint issues. I know someone mentioned sciatica too - I had it SO bad when I was pregnant and it still plagues me every now and then. AND - my ankles crack everywhere I go! I used to be so embarrassed walking down a quiet hallway because people would look around like, "What in the world is that clicking noise?" LOL - Oh, just me! I also run a lot and have had more knee issues than any of my shorter runner friends.

Anyway - I mentioned this to someone the other day (a shorty) that I think taller people are more prone to these issues - maybe because when we got our height, we got it really fast. I grew about 5 inches between 9th and 10th grade. Anyway, she kind of scoffed at me. Just wondering if you guys have similar issues?

Cheers to our big feet, big hands and all of that!! I used to want to feel petite, but have now started to embrace my size 11 shoes and the fact I can palm a man's basketball. :laugh:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1 day 6 of the 30 DS last night. Pushed myself hard and am feeling it today! I watch a little of level 2 last night and it looks TOUGH but totally stoked about starting it! Have a great day ladies!!!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Haven't checked in for a while. Still doing the burpees challenge? Either way, I'm in. I don't know why, but I can't seem to do these at all. It's on tonight, though!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to check out Blurpees because I havent been doing them but love getting my 20 pushups in!
  • djkymba
    Options
    5'10" here! I have a question for all of you (thanks for starting this group, by the way). I have always thought that tall people like us have a better chance of having joint issues. I know someone mentioned sciatica too - I had it SO bad when I was pregnant and it still plagues me every now and then. AND - my ankles crack everywhere I go! I used to be so embarrassed walking down a quiet hallway because people would look around like, "What in the world is that clicking noise?" LOL - Oh, just me! I also run a lot and have had more knee issues than any of my shorter runner friends.

Anyway - I mentioned this to someone the other day (a shorty) that I think taller people are more prone to these issues - maybe because when we got our height, we got it really fast. I grew about 5 inches between 9th and 10th grade. Anyway, she kind of scoffed at me. Just wondering if you guys have similar issues?

Cheers to our big feet, big hands and all of that!! I used to want to feel petite, but have now started to embrace my size 11 shoes and the fact I can palm a man's basketball. :laugh:

Oh Lawd yes! I have the same noisy problems, with my knees, it's embarassing. Mine are...crunchy. It's really gross and I literally could not sneak up some stairs on someone they are so loud. My sister (I'm 6'1", she's about 5'10") has it too. I also have a guy friend who's about 6'4" and he commiserates with me about it.
    A doctor told me one time it's like a lever when you squat down (your knee joint) and think about it, it makes sense. The longer the lever, the more pressure it has to endure. The shorter the lever, tle less pressure. And sister, I've got some loooonnnngggg legs.
    We just have to find modifications so we can keep it going. I wish I knew all this when I was younger so I didn't destroy my cartilidge in my knees. sigh.
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I need to say, I absolutely LOVE this thread!!! It has helped me SO much!! I am 5'11'', almost 6'0 but i've rounded down for such a long time!! What are the blurpees, I'd love to join the group!!?
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    Got a 5 mile run in yesterday and then did the burpee challenge, today was rest day from running but did Chalene extreme and then burpees, let's see what tomorrow brings. Congrats to all with the weight-loss.. weight to go.. (pun intended) :):)
  • Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and size 12 shoes and despise finding pants and shirt sleeves long enough.