"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    'mornin ladies! Did my 20 already. Hope you are all staying on track!

Also, congrats to Desirai for logging in 175 days in a row! Woo Hoo!

Oh did I? LoL I haven't been on my profile yet. Thank you!! :smile:
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    Good morning ladies.. Did a 3.11 mile run this morning, 100 pushups.. 200 situps and 75 kicks.. I think I am so done for the day.. Congrats Desirai on the 175 days!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    So how are my fellow Amazonians doing? Don't you hate that you lose weight and inches but it takes FOREVER to lose a clothing size? Oh well. This has been a tough week (stressed and ate like crazy) but I have been exercising. My attitude is that it took a long time to put the weight on, it will take some time to take the weight off. I challenged myself to spinning, but that was not my cup of tea. I am going to try Zumba and Cardio Combo this week. Wish me luck!!!!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I have been up early before work EVERY day this week! ha! never done that before... i am liking not having to workout at night! i am pretty impressed with myself because it is my TOM... and i STILL did it! hopefully there isnt tons of water retention reflected on the scale tomorrow morning when i weigh in!!!

hope you all have a FABULOUS and safe holiday weekend (those of us in the states!) and stay strong around those BBQ tables and tempting beers/drinks!
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    Just had to share with you ladies, weighed in today and the scale said 179.4. I'm finally back in normal BMI range! (And I did 20 push ups last night ;) )
  • yeahbaby
    yeahbaby Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello lovely tall ladies! I managed 30 knee pushups. The "real" pushups are killer! I can't do any of them yet!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    40 modified push ups completed!!

I just finished my first day of the 30 DS and it feels damn good!!! I am so excited to start getting my body in real shape. Keep up the good work ladies!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I attempted push ups with my feet elevated. I did 8. They were HARD!! I need to get someone to look at my form though so I won't do them again until I do but I am happy for the accomplishment. I did 12 modified.

ladybg congrats on surviving the 30 Day Shred day 1. Make sure you stretch real good in the morning.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Just had to share with you ladies, weighed in today and the scale said 179.4. I'm finally back in normal BMI range! (And I did 20 push ups last night ;) )

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!! :tongue: Congrats on your accomplishment :flowerforyou:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Good morning ladies.. Did a 3.11 mile run this morning, 100 pushups.. 200 situps and 75 kicks.. I think I am so done for the day.. Congrats Desirai on the 175 days!

Girl!! Now I thought I could go. You got me beat!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Finally.... I have found "my people".

I am 6 feet tall - just got under 200 pounds and aiming for 175.

So happy to find you all.

Shopping suggestions - the long lengths you can get at banana republic online. 36 inseams - I am a 34 but I like the 36 to wear with heels. and the jackets have longer arms, etc. I found a few at the BR factory outlet and bught a pair in all of the 4 colours available at $24 a pair.

Talbots online also has great long lengths but $$$$$. I try to hit their semi annual sales.

Hey! You are my twin!! What size are you wearing at 196? I'm in a 14 but I can stick my bottom in a 12 they are just tight and I can't zip/button them.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    So how are my fellow Amazonians doing? Don't you hate that you lose weight and inches but it takes FOREVER to lose a clothing size? Oh well. This has been a tough week (stressed and ate like crazy) but I have been exercising. My attitude is that it took a long time to put the weight on, it will take some time to take the weight off. I challenged myself to spinning, but that was not my cup of tea. I am going to try Zumba and Cardio Combo this week. Wish me luck!!!!

I love Zumba. I lost 8lbs and 4 inches off my waist one month while only doing Zumba. Just remember to keep moving even if you can't catch on to the routine quickly. Keeping that heart rate up is the key.

Have fun!! And yes I hate not dropping sizes like the shorter population. I thought I would be in a 12 now. Wishful thinking on my part I guess. If I can get rid of this body fat it would be a huge difference.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. Hope you're staying with us as inspiration! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Well done! Posting achievements like this gives me pause for thought and motivation to keep going. I hope to achieve normal BMI soon.....
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Push ups complete.

Day 2 30 DS complete and I am starting to feel it a bit.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Push ups complete.

Day 2 30 DS complete and I am starting to feel it a bit.

Yesterday (Sat) was my rest day so all I did was take a walk around the neighborhood. I did my 20 for today though.

30 DS is no joke. Jillian really gives it to you but you will definitely see the difference as time progresses. Keep up the good work!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    CHALLENGE: 7/4/11 - 7/10/11 .....15 BURPEES

This is a fat burning exercise. Please watch your form and keep your core engaged (tight). You DO NOT have to do all 15 at one time. Each day shoot for a personal best. If you only get 8 done today, shoot for 9 tomorrow. YOU CAN DO IT!!

The 1st video contains several different levels of burpees arranging from beginners to advance. The 2nd & 3rd videos are additional advance techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCPejnrOVQ

**Burpee Video (without pushup, star jump)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUzHuGyHyVw

**Tababta Style Burpee (20 sec intervals - HIIT)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE

GOOD LUCK MY TALL BEAUTIES!! :flowerforyou:
    Options

LOL... I am trying to get back to what worked for me before.. running and then doing pushups, situps and mini-kickboxing moves in an hour workout seemed to help melt the pounds off.. so I am slowly getting back into the groove.. I hate burpees but I will get them done. today is my rest day but tomorrow I will be back at it..
    Options
    I am trying to get back to what worked for me before.. running and then doing pushups, situps and mini-kickboxing moves in an hour workout seemed to help melt the pounds off.. so I am slowly getting back into the groove.. I hate burpees but I will get them done. today is my rest day but tomorrow I will be back at it..
    [/quote]
    Options