"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love this group. I am 510 and a half and LOVE wearing heals. My BF is 5 10 and swears he is taller. I just found out a few weeks ago that Maurice's has a plus size section with Tall sizes IN STORE! I thought I would never be able to buy pants in store ever again after Lane Bryant got rid of their talls.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    never any problem getting trousers in UK, most chain stores stock tall ranges. but i cant wear shirts, always too short in the arm & I have big boobs so have to wear a top size 2 bigger than the bottom, makes everything look like a tent, cant wait to get down my weight & start wearing fitted vests again. I can live with big boobs as long as my stomach is flat. I lost 89 lbs before joining here & another 8 lb since but my boobs are the same size :explode:

Have quite small feet though, a uk size 7, so never a problem but I am married to a short *kitten* thai man & when we go visit family I am def the fat giant so another incentive to lose, no issue being tall but a tall fatty is just too much :laugh:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Oh becclj, boy can I sympathise! In NZ trousers all seem too short but. . . the big boob thing drives me demented! No matter how much weight I lose they are still huge, The band size gets smaller but the cup stays the same.
    I wear a size 10-12 on the bottom but a 16 - 18 on top. Look/feel like a michelin man - look as if I might topple over :blushing:
    Tops look like tents! I haven't owned a dress for decades.

Oh I just make it for this group - 5 ft 9 inches. Used to be taller but I have shrunk :laugh:
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Good morning tall & lovelies!

I got my 20 in today! I'm still doing modified push ups, but it's a start! Soon I'll be doing the real thing!

Hope everybody is staying healthy and motivated~
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post last night.

40 push ups completed. I did 20 for last night and 20 for the night before. All modified of course but better than nothing!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I've done my pushups for the last 3 days (missed Sunday). My arms are sore so I think they are harder everyday. Pretty sure I'm going to keep this challenge going once the week is over. Maybe someday I'll be able to do 20 normal pushups (I'm still doing modified).
  • djkymba
    Options
    I know this is a super stupid comment to make, but I never had any idea there were so many super tall women out there! My mom is 5'9 but the rest of the women in my family are short. Most women in my hometown are on the shorter side as well. It is so wonderful to know there are lots and lots of amazing, tall women out there! Keep up the good work ladies! Make good choices today!

I don't think it's stupid at all! I never realized it either...where I live, I don't see a lot of tall women around that much. We used to have a Tall Girl shop, and they went out of business. So it's good to see that there are so many of us!
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For the push up challenge, is it 20 a day? and do you have to do them all in a row? I can easily do 20 modified, but I am working on the regular toe ones. I've been trying to do 5 of them in a row each day.
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HEEEEEELLLLLLOOO 2 all the new TALL beauties!! Please request everyone as friends. Check out the weekly challenge and feel free to join in. Its 20 pushups...on toes or modified. If you can do more by all means do so.

If you know of any good places to shop whether state side or across the pond for clothes & shoes post it. If you have anything you want to discuss...no topic is untouchable...just post it.

Again welcome everyone!!

Ok good idea, I don't have very many friends on here.
    As for stores, I get my tank tops from forever 21 because they have long length tanks meaning 27". Some stores consider 22"-23" long length, HA my *kitten*, that's a belly shirt on me!! But forever21 has the measurements of all their tops in the description. Unfortunately they don't always have them so when they restock, so do I cause I wear them under everything. Great colors, super soft and super stretchy! Good luck!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    wouldn't give up my height for anything.. love it up here!! and yes I love wearing heels, especially in my male dominated profession.. makes em have to look up at me even more.. :):)

Love it! :smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    For the push up challenge, is it 20 a day? and do you have to do them all in a row? I can easily do 20 modified, but I am working on the regular toe ones. I've been trying to do 5 of them in a row each day.

Yep its 20 a day. Do them the way your like. We are trying to build strength, endurance and beat our personal best daily.
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Finally.... I have found "my people".

I am 6 feet tall - just got under 200 pounds and aiming for 175.

So happy to find you all.

Shopping suggestions - the long lengths you can get at banana republic online. 36 inseams - I am a 34 but I like the 36 to wear with heels. and the jackets have longer arms, etc. I found a few at the BR factory outlet and bught a pair in all of the 4 colours available at $24 a pair.

Talbots online also has great long lengths but $$$$$. I try to hit their semi annual sales.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I know pushup week is over half over but it's good info so I thought I'd share anyway.

What You Don’t Know about the Push-up
    http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/what-you-don’t-know-about-the-push-up/

The article details some of the muscles that pushups use that other weight lifting doesn't. It shows the correct form for a pushup and offers alternatives versions, mostly for those who can already do standard pushups, but I'm trying to figure out a way to do Green band pushups at home.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I know pushup week is over half over but it's good info so I thought I'd share anyway.

What You Don’t Know about the Push-up
    http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/what-you-don’t-know-about-the-push-up/

The article details some of the muscles that pushups use that other weight lifting doesn't. It shows the correct form for a pushup and offers alternatives versions, mostly for those who can already do standard pushups, but I'm trying to figure out a way to do Green band pushups at home.

That some excellent info. I knew they were good for you but I didn't know exactly how & why.
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    30 push ups done today. 10 on my own and 20 done with Chalene Extreme Burn DVD!! ouch!! but did most of them on my toes so yeaaaa!!
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love that I don't have to be LOUD to be heard.
    I love that I stand out in a crowd without having to give much effort.
    I love that people think I'm smaller than what I really am.
    I that I can reach anything I want in my cabinets and not have to ask for assistance.
    I love wearing heels with my long legs :happy:
    I love that women shorter than me always say they wish they were taller.
    I love that no one is ever in my way! I can always see clear and focus on what's ahead!

I love the way clothes fall on my physique! Being tall is a blessing!!!! :flowerforyou:

oo I love this thinking! I agree being tall is pretty fab.

6'2 here & happy to join in! x
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!!! I love all of you ladies (: Soooo inspiring!!!! Most of my friends are extremely short (between 4'11-5'2) and it looks so funny going anywhere with them! Also, they don't understand how overweight I really am because I don't look it. For this site, I made sure the pictures I put up represented my weight gain as much as they could. I am constantly taking pictures that make me look like I am average height/body..LOL!

I look forward to talking to all of you (:

Caitlin
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    20 push ups completed!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE being tall. However it is very hard for me to find clothes that fit. I'm 5'11" and have big bones, wide shoulders and big feet. Size 11.5 in shoes. That is a very odd size. lol At least I know I am not alone. Good luck on your weight loss!!! :) We are all beautiful tall women!
  • djkymba
    Options
    'mornin ladies! Did my 20 already. Hope you are all staying on track!

Also, congrats to Desirai for logging in 175 days in a row! Woo Hoo!