• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    20 push ups done

My arms hurt
  • nanny3580
    nanny3580 Posts: 7
    Options
    This group is Awesome! :smile: Im 5ft9 and p retty new to this so I'm a little lost! But would love to find some "friends" who understand what I'm going through.
  • yeahbaby
    yeahbaby Posts: 9
    Options
    Okay, so I have a dumb question. Is there a way to join this group and get notified of new posts, or do I just keep finding my way back here to read what's new? I'm new to the forums and not sure how to navigate. Thanks for any help. :)
  • UDTsunamiSurfer
    UDTsunamiSurfer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"... my "everyday" sandals make me 6" even & those are the short ones! LUV, LUV, LUV the view up here!

Now sum1 tell me how to do this "ticker" stuff... I want the Totally Tall Women... saw it last nite & found this thread 2nite. Peep! XoXo Ursula
  • UDTsunamiSurfer
    UDTsunamiSurfer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I have a dumb question. Is there a way to join this group and get notified of new posts, or do I just keep finding my way back here to read what's new? I'm new to the forums and not sure how to navigate. Thanks for any help. :)

YEA... WHAT SHE SAID!!! =D
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Can I join this group? you all sound great!

I'm 5ft 9.5", and I used to be 10.5 stone at uni, and I had a great figure, since then the weight just crept on!!! I don't know where it came from!! So my BMI is something like 27 now, and I'm about a stone heavier than I should be. I want it off!!! This time I am all over it!!!

xx
  • naomi_clarke1987
    Options
    Heyyy! i'm 5ft10, i'm so much taller than all my friends but i kind of like it now! we're the ones that can have those long sexy legs that men adore, and women envy!

I had a baby about 7 months ago, i'm just trying to lose the weight i put on during my pregnancy. i'm currently a UK size 18, i'd like to get back down to a UK 12-14. I'm not in too much of a rush because my boy comes first, but i'm losing gradually. x
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    20 modified push ups completed! Can't wait until I can do a "real" push up.
  • fozziewaca
    fozziewaca Posts: 66
    Options
    20 modified push-ups done yesterday, halfway thru them today.

I don't know about getting notified of new posts, but at the top of the message board you can click on "My Topics" and it will appear under there.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    20 modified push-ups done yesterday, halfway thru them today.

I don't know about getting notified of new posts, but at the top of the message board you can click on "My Topics" and it will appear under there.

Thanks! I never noticed that before!
  • sharistime
    Options
    Hey all! Great to find a group of tall women to feel connected to. I'm 5'10' with a short waist... I'm all leg and arm it seems. I'm in my mid 40's and have been struggling with pant and sleeve lengths all my life. Unfortunately the clothing that would fit I could never afford. :sad:

I haven't read all the posts yet, but I read something that someone said that I could relate to..... the fact that other people think I look fine when I know what I'm hiding under my clothing and know my height is disguising the layer of fat that isn't noticed by others but is driving me crazy!

How about building muscle? Is it my imagination or does it seem impossible to get my muscles to show themselves?? A while back I did 3 months of P90X and barely noticed a bit of change!! Does it have to do with the length of our muscles? Seems like shorter people are able to make a bigger impact in appearance when they lift weights.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I'm 5'10 1/2" ( the 1/2 counts :) ) but I seem to have the opposite problem. I have a long torso and short stumpy legs, which are the bane of my existance. Finding good shirts is the problem for me, because getting a large or extra large shirt usually means the shirt is wide and not long, so its like a half shirt, exactly what someone looking for a large needs. Although, it's nice to have a group where others understand that how tough it is finding clothes and losing weight when you're standard deviations above the average height for women.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This group is great! I'm 5'11 and struggle big time with finding long enough jeans and pretty shoes to fit my bigger feet!

I'd love to get down to 170 pounds, which still sounds heavy to shorter people, but on me if gets in in a size 12 and looks fantastic!

Katie
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

How about building muscle? Is it my imagination or does it seem impossible to get my muscles to show themselves?? A while back I did 3 months of P90X and barely noticed a bit of change!! Does it have to do with the length of our muscles? Seems like shorter people are able to make a bigger impact in appearance when they lift weights.

I've wonder about this. I know I still have to get my BF% down but do I have to get my weight down to like 150 to get my BF% down so that I look ripped now? When I was in high school and college my weight was between 170 to 190 and I was muscular. You could see my definition. Well thats not the case now. I feel like I one huge bowl of jingling jello.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    20 push ups done

My arms hurt

Mine were to! lol but I feel strong!! My 20 was done for 6/27
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Also, I am thinking of doing the 100 push-up challenge after I finish the 30DS this Thursday.

Right now I am also in week 2 of C25K!

Wishing everybody good luck on whatever they are working on!

100 push ups a day?? Whew! I think I could pull it off. I didn't want to go that extreme in here because I didn't know everyone's fitness level.

Let me know when you do it and I will join you.

Oh and thanks for the compliment regarding the banner. I thought that clip art suited us very well.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

It should show up in your "My Topics" everytime someone post to the thread.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    This group is great! I'm 5'11 and struggle big time with finding long enough jeans and pretty shoes to fit my bigger feet!

I'd love to get down to 170 pounds, which still sounds heavy to shorter people, but on me if gets in in a size 12 and looks fantastic!

Katie

Thats what I'm saying. A size 12 would look awesome on me. I'm between 196 and 200 lbs now...depending on the day and if I'm retaining water lol. I wear a 14. I tried on a 12 yesterday and I could pull them up over my hips but I couldn't zip/button them. I think by late August mid Sept I could be in a 12 if I keep at it.
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" so far lost 21lbs from 199 to 178 can't see a difference at all... That's a stone and a half!!
    Although when I put on the weight - I was 130 at the beginning of last year - the 69lbs I put on weren't that noticeable and most of my clothes still fitted...
    I put on 3inches on my waist from 26" to 29", 4inches on the hips 39" to 41" and a layer over my entire body really.
    Struggling to see how all this weight I want to lose is going to come off as I don't look like i'm around the 13st marker 41-29-40 hips-waist-bust when previously I was 37-26-37 (yet thought I was fat because of all my skinny, petite friends!!) currently UK size 12-14, was 10-12. (69lbs is not one dress size?!)
    I escaped the big feet though with uk size 6.5 - 7 although wide feet with a high instep are just as hard to buy shoes for as "plus size feet" - my younger sister is 6'1" with size 9 wide feet.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I'm 5'10" so far lost 21lbs from 199 to 178 can't see a difference at all... That's a stone and a half!!
    Although when I put on the weight - I was 130 at the beginning of last year - the 69lbs I put on weren't that noticeable and most of my clothes still fitted...
    I put on 3inches on my waist from 26" to 29", 4inches on the hips 39" to 41" and a layer over my entire body really.
    Struggling to see how all this weight I want to lose is going to come off as I don't look like i'm around the 13st marker 41-29-40 hips-waist-bust when previously I was 37-26-37 (yet thought I was fat because of all my skinny, petite friends!!) currently UK size 12-14, was 10-12. (69lbs is not one dress size?!)
    I escaped the big feet though with uk size 6.5 - 7 although wide feet with a high instep are just as hard to buy shoes for as "plus size feet" - my younger sister is 6'1" with size 9 wide feet.

Hi. In the states they assume everyone with large feet are overweight so they mostly come in wide widths. Unfortunately thats not always the case. I have narrow feet BLAH!! Maybe I need to travel across the pond :0)

37-26-37....you were a bombshell!! Wait a minute...at 41-29-40...u still are!! Your waist is tiny with those measuements. I'm 37-31-43....If I lose anymore from my upper body I will be a skeleton!! I can't wait till my waist hit the 20's and my hips finally reach the 30's. I won't know what to do with myself. I keep looking at my 16 yr old sister...yes I said sister lol...mom & dad had a oops! She is my height but of course with a smaller/tighter body. If I can get to that size and near that tightness...WOW! I just might think I'm sexy.