"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 5'11 and think a group for us tall ladies is a wonderful thing. I would love to get in on the next challenge : )
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    I would love to have more tall ladies as friends on here. All my MFPals are awesome, but lets face it, there are some challenges we face that others just don't understand.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Love the new banner! Thank you!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday, so I thought we could do with a bit of a laugh (at my expense- but that's OK!):smile:

I'm 5'11", 6'3" in my heels for work and I've always dreamed of living in an old cottage. Well 2 years ago after a lot of searching (and saving money!), we bought one.

“Fab” I hear you say – well it is except for one tiny problem. Houses that were built 350 years ago had LITTLE people living in them. The door frames are 5’6” to 5’10” with every door frame a different height.

Now I find if I’m late for a meeting at work I duck out of habit as I rush through doorways. It makes my colleagues laugh!
    I LOVE my home, and I don’t think I’ll ever leave, but wow it hurts if I forget to duck!:laugh:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Thanks for being here :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday, so I thought we could do with a bit of a laugh (at my expense- but that's OK!):smile:

I'm 5'11", 6'3" in my heels for work and I've always dreamed of living in an old cottage. Well 2 years ago after a lot of searching (and saving money!), we bought one.

“Fab” I hear you say – well it is except for one tiny problem. Houses that were built 350 years ago had LITTLE people living in them. The door frames are 5’6” to 5’10” with every door frame a different height.

Now I find if I’m late for a meeting at work I duck out of habit as I rush through doorways. It makes my colleagues laugh!
    I LOVE my home, and I don’t think I’ll ever leave, but wow it hurts if I forget to duck!:laugh:

OUCH!!! LMAO...sorry but I had a visual of you rushing through the house and WHAMMM! I can't imagine but I bet the house is lovely. We need to see pics of the cottage.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    CHALLENGE: 20 PUSHUPS!!
    On toes, modified or a combination of both.

You don't have to do them all at one time, but push yourself. Make sure you are doing them correctly. Neck, back and hips in straight. No butt high in the air. No dipping of the neck. Hold your abs tight. Go slow up and down so that you are really working your biceps, triceps, chest and ab muscles.

If you are a person who can do 20 push ups with no problems then shoot for your personal best. Push yourself. Makes those arms shake!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXIzjBZsbyo
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can only do 2-3 goid pushups at a time. How sad is that. Definitely going to have to spread these out over the course of the day.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! This should be embarrassing! I can't do one single real push-up. I think I'll have my little one help me with this one too!!!!

Starting the 30 DS the fist of July so super excited about that. Have a great day ladies!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    20 push ups complete! That was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so weak! My husband and son did it with me and they both laughed at me!!
  • KristinLynn25
    Options
    Did my 20 push ups.... the extremely modified way!! I can't do them any other way. :(
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Wimped out on the pushups today :(
    Wimped out on everything today, actually. Took the day off. Had to work and handle a backlog of homework.

But tomorrow is a new day!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Push ups complete. 7 on toes, 13 modified.

Ladies in January I couldn't do 1 push up...NONE. Now I can do 7. Strength training is the key. I started messing around with it in March. If I did it as faithfully as I should have I would've been much better than I am now. I saw where somebody said they are starting 30 Shred...you will be doing push ups a lot. You might not can do them on your toes now but you will be able to do a few by the time you are done with that series.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Wimped out on the pushups today :(
    Wimped out on everything today, actually. Took the day off. Had to work and handle a backlog of homework.

But tomorrow is a new day!!

Rest is good!
  • fozziewaca
    fozziewaca Posts: 66
    Options
    5'11" here and thank you for making this group!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Push ups complete. 7 on toes, 13 modified.

Ladies in January I couldn't do 1 push up...NONE. Now I can do 7. Strength training is the key. I started messing around with it in March. If I did it as faithfully as I should have I would've been much better than I am now. I saw where somebody said they are starting 30 Shred...you will be doing push ups a lot. You might not can do them on your toes now but you will be able to do a few by the time you are done with that series.

I started it Saturday. Today will be Day 2, Level 1 (as I took yesterday off). The main thing that was sore on me yesterday was my arms from all the push ups! But that soreness is going to lead to strength!!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    OhMyGee!!!!!! Totally Looveeeeee the banner!!!!!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Also, I am thinking of doing the 100 push-up challenge after I finish the 30DS this Thursday.

Right now I am also in week 2 of C25K!

Wishing everybody good luck on whatever they are working on!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and this group is awesome. I have mini friends too, but i was raised to always be proud of my height (my mom is 5'8, and aunts are 5'10 and 5'9). I love being tall and wouldnt change it for the world.

I will say it is easier to carry alot of extra weight and have people look at you and say, "well, you dont have that much to lose so it shouldnt be too hard" haha and i laugh to myself... 60 pounds isnt that much ;O) but im tall so no one notices.

I lost about 50 pounds at one point, and no one really noticed until after the 30 lb mark. but thats okay, because i know i am going to get healthy and look amazing... regardless of who notices along the way!

Keep up the good work everyone! And be proud to be tall... all your short friends wish they had your height! i promise you that~
  • yeahbaby
    yeahbaby Posts: 9
    Options
    Time for me to join this group too! I'm 5'10". Lots of good stuff to read here!