"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am doing my best at keeping up with this thread since you ladies are totally my favorites!!! Look forward to my jumping jacks this afternoon. Not sure they will be before or after my run.

How do you guys log this challenge into your exercise? Or do you even bother; just an added bonus!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I am doing my best at keeping up with this thread since you ladies are totally my favorites!!! Look forward to my jumping jacks this afternoon. Not sure they will be before or after my run.

How do you guys log this challenge into your exercise? Or do you even bother; just an added bonus!

I wouldn't log it because its more for endurance and the calorie burn isn't that much.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Totally tall women of MFP!!!
    I am an amazon too! I'm 6'1" and currently about 200 lbs. My goal is to get down to 160-170 and I just joined MFP I'd like to get into this support group! I love me some tall girls! I've read through some of the posts on here and it's refreshing to hear so many other tall girls point of view on this path.
    My question is how do I attach that banner to my signature?
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I missed my 100 j'jacks for yesterday. Gonna do 200 today to make up for it. And the calorie burn is negligible - something like 30 calories for 100 if it takes you like 3-4 minutes to do them. Not much at all. But boy does it get the ol' heart going!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I am an amazon too! I'm 6'1" and currently about 200 lbs. My goal is to get down to 160-170 and I just joined MFP I'd like to get into this support group! I love me some tall girls! I've read through some of the posts on here and it's refreshing to hear so many other tall girls point of view on this path.

You can use the link I posted under the banner and put it between the image brackets link remove the spaces within the brackets and post it in the signature.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 1/2" pretty much 5'11
    I don't mind being tall... just I feel like everyone around me is verically challanged (ha)
    Except for my family... everyone is very tall. My mom is 6 ft. my dad 6'4

and don't even get me started on guys........... lol
  • djkymba
    Options

You can use the link I posted under the banner and put it between the image brackets link remove the spaces within the brackets and post it in the signature.

Thanks!!
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm already failing my challenge :( , I can't do the jumping jacks because it's been raining here for days and I don't want to do it in the house cause the whole thing would shake and I can't do it in the basement because I'm too TALL (whaddaya know lol), BUT I did run a 5k on the treadmill at the gym yesterday immediately after work, and tonight I will play JustDance on the WII.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I'm already failing my challenge :( , I can't do the jumping jacks because it's been raining here for days and I don't want to do it in the house cause the whole thing would shake and I can't do it in the basement because I'm too TALL (whaddaya know lol), BUT I did run a 5k on the treadmill at the gym yesterday immediately after work, and tonight I will play JustDance on the WII.

Thats ok. Just keep moving. You are actively doing something so that's what matters. You'll be able to do next weeks. No jumping involved :smile:
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Coming to join you ladies x
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Late to this thread but very glad it's here! I'm 5'10 (just shy of 5'11) and I have ginormous size 12 feet (thank god for payless!) and large bone structure. It used to drive me crazy when I was younger and I would hear from people who went strictly by the BMI that I should be 150lbs. WTF!?!! I was 130 lbs when I was 13 years old, nowhere near finished growing yet and not a spec overweight! SO yeah, it's been a challenge to figure out where I should be with my height and body type.

I've always loved being tall though, even though it's presented it's challenges in the dating world, I would never trade my height for anything. I can hide an extra 20 lbs a lot better than someone shorter, though that turned out to be a detriment in my weight gain (I didn't realize how much weight had crept up until it was too late).

Anyhow, I love that this thread has been started. Let's rock it from the treetops, ladies!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks completed with my 2.5 year old son! He loved it!!!

How do i get the new totally tall women sign to work. Totally clueless!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    100 jumping jacks completed with my 2.5 year old son! He loved it!!!

How do i get the new totally tall women sign to work. Totally clueless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

au8rrp.jpg

copy and paste this in your signature then remove the spaces from within the brackets and save.
  • djkymba
    Options
    Feeling motivated today all my tall and lovelies?? Get out there and burn some calories!!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I did a ton of jumping jacks today. I started the 30 Day Shred and got my hundred in for the day!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've just found this thread and would love to join. I'm only 5'11", so bit shorter than some of you gorgeous Amazonians, but I think I need your excellent support because YES it's great when you're putting weight on - it's a long time before anyone (including me) notices, but it's RUBBISH when I want to lose it for exactly the same reason!

Can I join in?
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey does any of you have aching knees? Is this a tall person thing? They don't hurt. They just sometimes ache. I was hoping that it would've stopped by now since its been about 6 months that I've been very active, but it hasn't.

Yes I do plus aching at the base of my quad muscles, just above the knee.
    Maybe it is a tall thing.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hey does any of you have aching knees? Is this a tall person thing? They don't hurt. They just sometimes ache. I was hoping that it would've stopped by now since its been about 6 months that I've been very active, but it hasn't.

Yes I do plus aching at the base of my quad muscles, just above the knee.
    Maybe it is a tall thing.

Yep I just had that quad thing last week. Funny thing is I do air squats and squats with weights all the time. I just up'd my weights recently and I'm thinking that may have been the cause of my discomfort. I'm feeling good now thank goodness.

Welcome to the Totally Tall Women thread.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Its the week-end ladies. Don't let the craving monster sneak up on you. Keep your healthy snacks handy!!

Don't forget your jumping jacks today!

New challenge starts Monday 6/27/11