"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    Great thread! I'm also tall, but I've never came across other tall women who want to lose weight.
    I'm 5'10" and 188. I want to get down to 165.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    There is deff pros and cons of being tall. I love my long legs- they're sexy and toned, allow for a great runners stride and help with climbing. Once you get down to your goal wieght I suggest finding a Buckle( jeans store) and invest in an amazing pair of jeans. They will taylor them there and have all diff lengths. Once of my biggest drawbacks is my feet. I'm an 11N (super narrow) :grumble: not fun shoe shopping so i have my basics and have a purse addiction instead. as far as the weight I'm down to 133- wow still wierd to say that! I just want to keep toning up certain annoying areaa like that upper inner thigh jiggle :angry: and lower abs. Bc of wide boney hips I dont think Ill ever be below a size 7 and Im ok with that.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Oh ladies I couldn't add the clothing stores to the original post because after a certain amount of time it doesn't allow you to edit unfortunately.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    6' tall here and love it! Fortunately, I'm blessed with small feet for my height, size 9 (which I'm convinced is why I'm so accident prone!), but I've learned to embrace my height. Long, toned legs are sexy! Buckle for jeans, Gap online for dress pants and VS online for long yoga pants.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Welcome to all the new Totally Tall Women!! We have a daily 100 jumping jack challenge going on til Sunday June the 26th. Feel free to jump in. You don't have to complete them all at one time but if you can, feel free to do so. If you feel you can do more then by all means please jump away :tongue:

This thread is for us tall women to support each other emotionally and physically so feel free to ask any questions or to just chat away.

200 completed (100 from yesterday and 100 for today's)
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    How did you all do yesterday with the challenge? Did anyone up the count? Maybe we should shoot for a personal best :tongue:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Another tall girl here. I'm 5'11" and I do love being tall even if it can be a pain when dating and shopping. My biggest problem is that I have broad shoulders so I have trouble buying shirts that fit right.

SW - 195lbs
    CW - 185lbs
    GW - 154lbs

Brandy
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Count me in :) 5'9 1/2 .... 9.5 shoes... I was always the tallest in my class and called "inspector gadget" back then it was an insult to me.. but now as an adult I realize that those shorties are envious of our long legs :) especially lean long legs...which is my personal goal!! So good to meet so many other tall women!! we can do this :)
  • mzkishab
    mzkishab Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 5' 9.5" and i would like to be apart of your group!
  • rococo11
    rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm 5ft 10in. I actually wish I were an inch taller because long pants tend to be an inch too long and regular length look silly most of the time. But I agree with almost everything on this thread. Love being tall, hate shopping for shoes (10-11 depending on style) and high heels in that size always look kind of clownish in my opinion. I don't understand how shorter people can drop 10 lbs and 2 sizes in pants... I was a size 12 at 165 in high school and am still a size twelve at 180 (and 185 to be honest). But I wouldn't be shorter for anything.
  • chambo918
    chambo918 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 6' and I love it! I love that I stand out in a crowd! I've currently lost 15lbs (SW190 CW175 GW170). One of my biggest pet peeves is being called "big." I'm not big, I'm tall, there is a difference!
  • carolinefaith
    carolinefaith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and I weigh 138! I just started a healthy diet and working out.. I have lost about 12 pounds in a short amount of time and I am not hungry on my diet. I used to snack all day and eat very unhealthy foods all the time, but now I am a completely different person. I have always loved being tall!!
  • mzkishab
    mzkishab Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 6' and I love it! I love that I stand out in a crowd! I've currently lost 15lbs (SW190 CW175 GW170). One of my biggest pet peeves is being called "big." I'm not big, I'm tall, there is a difference!

I AGREE there is a big difference!
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and I weigh 138! I just started a healthy diet and working out.. I have lost about 12 pounds in a short amount of time and I am not hungry on my diet. I used to snack all day and eat very unhealthy foods all the time, but now I am a completely different person. I have always loved being tall!!

Congrats on your weight management! I am 5'11.5" and I also love being tall (except I didn't as a kid so I slouched down... and now that I have come to terms with my height I have a natural slouch... not pretty at all).

My goal weight is 150. I have been there before at my height and people would call me skeletal. I am just wondering how you got to 138, if you consider yourself healthy, and if you get any comments about how skinny you are? I just think that 138 is a little underweight for your height. According to the height / weight chart often referred to on this site, you are currently underweight. You look GREAT in your picture... was just wondering about it, that's all.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

Congrats on your weight management! I am 5'11.5" and I also love being tall (except I didn't as a kid so I slouched down... and now that I have come to terms with my height I have a natural slouch... not pretty at all).

My goal weight is 150. I have been there before at my height and people would call me skeletal. I am just wondering how you got to 138, if you consider yourself healthy, and if you get any comments about how skinny you are? I just think that 138 is a little underweight for your height. According to the height / weight chart often referred to on this site, you are currently underweight. You look GREAT in your picture... was just wondering about it, that's all.

She looks like a petite tall young lady...shoulders aren't that broad..neither are the hips. WOW is all I can say. I got those child bearing hips. They aren't going noooooooooooooowhere lol
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Bump! 6'0 here, and going to read all 12 pages of this thread later! :)
  • Deb4224
    Deb4224 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'9"... so, hopefully that's tall enough. I always feel like an amazon aorund my friends if that counts for anything. Happy to have found this thread and will be back. =)
  • erin1081
    erin1081 Posts: 7
    Options
    So glad you started this thread! And congrats to you on your weight loss achievements!!!! YOU GO TALL GIRL!!!! I am 5'11"..I went to a private school until high school, but when I graduated from 8th grade I was the tallest PERSON in the ENTIRE school...students and teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To this day (and I am sure you can all relate) I cannot go into Walmart without helping 1 short person reach an item on the top shelf! I have wide hips and cannot wait to have skinny legs..thankfully I can gain weight and people don't truly see it, but I know it's there...and I do get annoyed by the people in my life who tell me "Why do you need to lose 30 more pounds?".....I say BECAUSE I WANT TO BE HEALTHY!
  • livesthere
    livesthere Posts: 71
    Options
    Yes! I agree. I am just starting and I'm almost 5'11" and wear a size 11 shoe. Yay! Anyone in Seattle? Add me!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options

I AGREE there is a big difference!

Every time I've ever been called a "big" girl, I've wanted to slap someone with the broad side of a flip-flop. (And I don't even wear flip-flops anymore.) I am a TALL WOMAN, not a big girl. It trips my gag reflex just thinking about getting called that.