• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Count me in for this weeks challenge!

Excellent!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hey does any of you have aching knees? Is this a tall person thing? They don't hurt. They just sometimes ache. I was hoping that it would've stopped by now since its been about 6 months that I've been very active, but it hasn't.
  • gabbyj
    gabbyj Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello ladies. I'm sorry I'm a day late with the challenge.

CHALLENGE - START 6/21/11 END 6/26/11

100 JUMPING JACKS PER DAY FOR A WEEK

I thought this would be a awesome challenge to work on endurance. Remember you don't have to do them all at one time but make sure they count. Get that heart rate up, keep your core tight and breath. Report your daily completion. Good luck ladies!

I can totally do this challenge, :D
    I'm in!
    5'11 and 1/2 lol
    213 pounds
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hey does any of you have aching knees? Is this a tall person thing? They don't hurt. They just sometimes ache. I was hoping that it would've stopped by now since its been about 6 months that I've been very active, but it hasn't.

So hubby said its because I up'd my weights in CLX. Its not my knees I'm feeling today but the muscle right above it. Well whatever it is, its irking me lol
  • KristinLynn25
    Options
    Did my 100 jumping jacks today!! 2 sets of 50. Hopefully I can work up to 1 set of 100!! Great Challenge!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Got my jumping jacks done for Tuesday. I was pleasently surprised that I did them all in one shot. Maybe I will add a few more for today!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I had to share - I bought my first pair of red high heeled shoes today with a 2 inch heel! That makes me almost 6 ft 2 and my boyfriend is only 6 ft tall. He says he loves it though!

Now let's see if I wear them outside!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Ladies - I had to share - I bought my first pair of red high heeled shoes today with a 2 inch heel! That makes me almost 6 ft 2 and my boyfriend is only 6 ft tall. He says he loves it though!

Now let's see if I wear them outside!

Lets see them. Post a pic!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Yeah to everyone that completed the challenge!!

I couldn't do it last night. I had to ice the muscles above me knees. I woke up this morning feeling much better so I will try for 200 today to make up for yesterday and to get today's set completed. We'll see how I far out lol
  • jenhduncan
    jenhduncan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    By the way I love the air up here and I wouldn't give up this view for the world!! - LOL love this quote!

I'm 6 ft tall and have been this tall since I was 12. I don't remember wearing jeans smaller than a size 12 since I was 12- lol. But I was smaller than all of my friends who's in size 10 jeans. I also have a big chest and big breast that make it difficult to find long enough shirts, as if it wasn't hard enough to find long enough pants!!

I used to hate being tall but now I love it. I know that if I was shorter, then I would be fatter lol. It is all stretched out right now. So there are some perks to being tall :) But it is hard to find shoes, shirts, and jeans.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am so totally in!

I'm 5'11" according to the doctor's little measuring device, but I appear to be 6'0" or 6'1" in everyday life due to shoes and how I stand. I wouldn't say that I have a love/hate relationship with my height - it's mostly hate. Instead of being negative about how tall I am (not that I can do anything to change the height anyway), I might as well think about it as a positive.

- Many high fashion designs are meant for taller frames.
    - Being tall helps to hide weight gain (but also hides loss too)
    - I don't have to work hard to assert myself, as my height makes a statement for me as soon as I walk in the room.

I know we all have issues with pants. I've found that I really like Old Navy. They have long length jeans that are awesome. I get 18L and they fit great!

For the challenge, 100 jumping jacks every day till the 26th - count me IN!
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm 6' tall 165lbs my GW is 150 but as long as the muffintop and the jiggle are gone I'll be happy. I eat pretty healthy and I love to work out. Feel free to add me and check out my diary, I'm religious about entering everything I eat.
    As for jeans I only have american eagle jeans because they're super long and at a great price!
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    I am in! I am 5'9" and wish I was shorter, although there are times I love being tall. Until recently here in the UK there was a shortage of retailers catering for those of us who are taller. I especially have a problem finding exercise gear long enough in the leg!
    Friends often tell me that I have no need to lose weight but are shocked when I tell them what I weigh. "You're tall so you get away with it" is what they say but I know that extra stone is there lurking under my clothes!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Many high fashion designs are meant for taller frames.
    This has always really annoyed me. What height are models? 6' or thereabouts usually, so those catwalk clothes are made for people like us. Yet what happens when those styles are translated to the high street? That's right, suddenly you need to be a smurf to be able to get them sized to fit!

WTF??

(I'm just a bit annoyed because I can now see the day where I will be able to shop in normal (not fat) shops and there's still nothing there to fit!!)
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am 5'9" and wish I was shorter, although there are times I love being tall. Until recently here in the UK there was a shortage of retailers catering for those of us who are taller. I especially have a problem finding exercise gear long enough in the leg!
    Friends often tell me that I have no need to lose weight but are shocked when I tell them what I weigh. "You're tall so you get away with it" is what they say but I know that extra stone is there lurking under my clothes!
    I recently discovered that Adidas long length is long enough for me and I wear a 35" leg. HTH :flowerforyou:
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    As for jeans I only have american eagle jeans because they're super long and at a great price!

I had no idea AE had long-length jeans! AAAAAND they go up to size 18! Depending on how generous of a cut that 18 is, I might actually be able to find a pair of jeans from them :D Thanks so much for the tip!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Many high fashion designs are meant for taller frames.
    This has always really annoyed me. What height are models? 6' or thereabouts usually, so those catwalk clothes are made for people like us. Yet what happens when those styles are translated to the high street? That's right, suddenly you need to be a smurf to be able to get them sized to fit!

Yep. I started out my college career studying fashion design, and the average model is about 5'9" (my height). When you're taught to draw the figures, it must be a "10 head" figure, meaning that it is the length of 10 heads stacked on one another if a head is about 9" high. Blah blah blah. My point being is that I, too, think it's crazy that high fashion is displayed by women who are tall, but when translated into retail it's a completely different story. I guess the good thing about it is that gowns are still usually cut to the 5'9" frame. For prom, I was one of the only girls I knew who didn't need to get her hem taken up a few inches!
    I had no idea AE had long-length jeans! AAAAAND they go up to size 18! Depending on how generous of a cut that 18 is, I might actually be able to find a pair of jeans from them :D Thanks so much for the tip!

Last I knew, they only sold their size 18s online. I forgot about that. The last time I looked, I was wearing an Old Navy size 18 quite comfortably, but when I reviewed the measurements on AE, I knew that theirs wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of fitting. Also, the last time I looked, literally every single style of jean they had on their site was skinny jeans. Every. Single. One. Pissed me off something awful. Maybe now that I'm down some more inches and lbs I would dare to venture...
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I have very long legs, 36" inseam, and AE jeans touch the floor. Also Alloy and Delia's both carry long jeans, I know they catalogue is for teenagers but WHATEVER, they fit! I wish I knew about this when I was a teen, I spent the majority of my school years in high waters!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

I have very long legs, 36" inseam, and AE jeans touch the floor. Also Alloy and Delia's both carry long jeans, I know they catalogue is for teenagers but WHATEVER, they fit! I wish I knew about this when I was a teen, I spent the majority of my school years in high waters!

Thank you for those websites.
  • juliamariep
    Options
    I'm glad other people feel the same way! I've always been thin, but over the course of the last year, I gained 20 pounds. I'm 5'10", and last year weighed 130. Yes, I know, that sounds like absolutely nothing, but I'm a huge athlete. My highest weight was 150+. As of today, I am down to 140 (which I am very happy at, but I would like to get down to 135).

The thing is, I had to give my weight for something before, and I said 140. My friend, who is significantly shorter than me, said WHAT? THERE IS NO WAY YOU WEIGH THAT MUCH. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, THAT'S HUGE. THAT'S LIKE THIRTY POUNDS MORE THAN ME. Actually, 140 is VERY VERY LIGHT for my height, thank you very much. Sheesh, people these days.