"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals reasonably well yesterday. Logged everything, but ended up a little under on calories, a little over on protein & fat. Will try to plan my numbers better today. Got all my water, and over 90 minutes of exercise.

Today's goals are pretty similar. I have the day to myself to run errands, clean up a little, and then help at church with the confirmation dinner. I will eat my own dinner AT HOME and not eat anything there. I think it will be cake for dessert, which won't bother me at all to not eat. Shooting for another 90 minutes walking, so I'd better get going!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals reasonably well yesterday. Logged everything, but ended up a little under on calories, a little over on protein & fat. Will try to plan my numbers better today. Got all my water, and over 90 minutes of exercise.

Today's goals are pretty similar. I have the day to myself to run errands, clean up a little, and then help at church with the confirmation dinner. I will eat my own dinner AT HOME and not eat anything there. I think it will be cake for dessert, which won't bother me at all to not eat. Shooting for another 90 minutes walking, so I'd better get going!

Hi! Its ok to go over in protein. Since you are exercising you need it to help with muscle recovery so don't worry about it. Now for fat...if its coming from healthy sources like meat, veggies & fruits then you are ok. Those are healthy fats. You don't have to worry about those. If most of your fats are added fats then yeah those need to be watched more closely.

Have a good day today!! :0)
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Tall beauties its Friday!! How are you spending your week-end?

Well tonight I'm going to see Musiq Soulchild perform and then tomorrow I have to take my son to his football conditioning. Later I will probably take him and my daughter to the movies to see Kung fu Panda. On top of that I have to cut the jungle which is my lawn and get into the flower bed. I dread that. And then I have several photoshoots that I have to do makeup for this week-end.

Goodness after typing this out I am going to be pretty busy. I still have to clean the inside of the house and exercise. *sigh*
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'9.5" and I love being tall. I especially love the optical illusion that it creates as far as weight is concerned!!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    My weekly work-out regimen generally goes like this:

Monday - Bellydance Class/Rehearsal (90 min)
    Tuesday - Zumba at the gym (60 min)
    Wednesday - Bellydance Class/Rehearsal (90 min)
    Thursday - Run 3 mi. or more (45-60 min)
    Friday - Strength Train (~20 min) & cardio (~40 min)
    Saturday - Walk around neighborhood doing errands
    Sunday - Rest

I'm in a bellydance troupe, and we do some core and leg strengthening exercises as part of our warm-up, but I know I could be doing more with the free weights because once a week with those surely ain't enough to get consistent results. I'm pretty sure I still have a set of 5 lbs handbells in a closet somewhere that I can bust out on the weekends.

At the end of the month I'm going on a 2 week vacation to Europe where I'll be doing a ton of walking and some running around my friend's neighborhood in Germany. Totally looking forward to it and hoping that the E.Coli scare passes soon because I loves me some German salads!
  • RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My weekend is, despite the wonderful weather, going to go to housework. I just redid my exercise room and need to clean up the mess there, iron and wash windows. I've gotten a bit behind since I dislocated my elbow. Sunday we have obedience training with the dog and then we are going to our summer cottage for an overnighter. We are getting a satellite dish installed on Mon morning and then we'll come home again. I'm looking forward to taking some long walks in nature with the dog.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    . I need to clean up the mess there, iron and wash windows.
    You have wrinkly windows? :bigsmile:
  • danicanillo
    danicanillo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5-10"-11" here.. size 9.5-10 shoe. i was 5'9.5" last time I was measured, but that was a while ago and I think I grew a bit. Right now I weigh 180, and want to get back down 155ish. I had been really skinny my whole life and then started being extremely active in high school.. I was a swim instructor for the longest, so I was CONSTANTLY active. Once I graduated and got married and moved out to the middle of the desert in california with not much job opportunity, I gained a whole 25-30 lbs. I wear a 10-12 now, and I want to get back into my 5-7s.

My husband is 5'8" on a good day :) lol. I never thought I would end up with someone shorter than me, but I love him to death, and he loves me just how I am :)
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks so much for the thread! I am 5'11 & 1/2...might as well call it 6'. Size 11 shoe! Being tall has been a gift to me! While it was tough when I was younger..and it is always rough to find cloths that fit right, I carry my wight differently than most girls, as you pointed out. Thank goodness I am tall, or I would be really heavy!

Tall ladies unite! :flowerforyou:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    5-10"-11" here.. size 9.5-10 shoe. i was 5'9.5" last time I was measured, but that was a while ago and I think I grew a bit. Right now I weigh 180, and want to get back down 155ish. I had been really skinny my whole life and then started being extremely active in high school.. I was a swim instructor for the longest, so I was CONSTANTLY active. Once I graduated and got married and moved out to the middle of the desert in california with not much job opportunity, I gained a whole 25-30 lbs. I wear a 10-12 now, and I want to get back into my 5-7s.

My husband is 5'8" on a good day :) lol. I never thought I would end up with someone shorter than me, but I love him to death, and he loves me just how I am :)

awwwww my hubby is 5'8" also!! I never thought I would get with a shorter man either. He and I were friends and then one thing led to another. I wouldn't change it for the world!!

My goal is 180 for right now. I might shoot for a lower number once I get there. Baby steps :0)
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    My weekend is, despite the wonderful weather, going to go to housework. I just redid my exercise room and need to clean up the mess there, iron and wash windows. I've gotten a bit behind since I dislocated my elbow. Sunday we have obedience training with the dog and then we are going to our summer cottage for an overnighter. We are getting a satellite dish installed on Mon morning and then we'll come home again. I'm looking forward to taking some long walks in nature with the dog.

ooooooh are you better now? I can imagine having a dislocated elbow.
  • in_my_dreams
    Options
    I love this thread!
    I'm 5'10"
    Joined MFP just a couple weeks ago at 183lbs and trying to get down to 155.
    Mini goal to get to 174 and be a healthy weight/BMI for my height.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Anyone else noticing that as the weight fall off, the shorter your admirers become? LMAO!

Short men have the best confidence!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day! :flowerforyou:
  • RiaLucia
    Options
    Anyone else noticing that as the weight fall off, the shorter your admirers become? LMAO!

I know, right?! It's weird, but on the rare occasions where I do go out to the club, most of the guys who hit on me are short! And I'm like, "Seriously? I can't get a tall guy to come my way? I look so much better from that vantage point!!!!" LOL
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

I am 5 feet 11.5 inches (6 feet with my hair).

I love being tall now especially since my husband is taller than me so I don't "feel" too tall. Growing up was hard not because I was made fun of (I can only really remember two jokes about my height being made, one was my close friend calling me Jolly Green Giant, and the other was another friend telling me I am too tall and "how's the weather up there"?- really not a "bullying" situation). Here's my real problem:

When I was growing up and I averaged about one foot taller than all of my friends, I would crouch my back low so that I looked like I was closer to their height, trying to fit in on the field during recess when we would stand around in circles. When I was in the cafeteria line or in any close proximity to anyone shorter than me (that makes everyone), I would crouch closer to their level. Also I went to Catholic school so we went to church lots, and when we had to stand, I would crouch.

I have since gotten over my insecurities of being tall - people have caught up, and well, I like being tall now! But with all my years of crouching so low, I now naturally crouch! (And this isn't just bad posture, it is severe crouching!!). I don't mean to do it, but all the years of doing it has made me naturally do it! Because of this I don't "carry my body / weight" very well - my gut sticks out and it's just... bad. If I make an effort to stand up straight I actually don't look that bad. I look skinnier and more confident, but it takes SO MUCH EFFORT to stand tall. People tell me all the time to straighten up because I look better that way, but it is hard...

Anyone else with that problem???
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hey!!

I am 5 feet 11.5 inches (6 feet with my hair).

I love being tall now especially since my husband is taller than me so I don't "feel" too tall. Growing up was hard not because I was made fun of (I can only really remember two jokes about my height being made, one was my close friend calling me Jolly Green Giant, and the other was another friend telling me I am too tall and "how's the weather up there"?- really not a "bullying" situation). Here's my real problem:

When I was growing up and I averaged about one foot taller than all of my friends, I would crouch my back low so that I looked like I was closer to their height, trying to fit in on the field during recess when we would stand around in circles. When I was in the cafeteria line or in any close proximity to anyone shorter than me (that makes everyone), I would crouch closer to their level. Also I went to Catholic school so we went to church lots, and when we had to stand, I would crouch.

I have since gotten over my insecurities of being tall - people have caught up, and well, I like being tall now! But with all my years of crouching so low, I now naturally crouch! (And this isn't just bad posture, it is severe crouching!!). I don't mean to do it, but all the years of doing it has made me naturally do it! Because of this I don't "carry my body / weight" very well - my gut sticks out and it's just... bad. If I make an effort to stand up straight I actually don't look that bad. I look skinnier and more confident, but it takes SO MUCH EFFORT to stand tall. People tell me all the time to straighten up because I look better that way, but it is hard...

Anyone else with that problem???

I don't have that problem, but I was wondering if you spoken with your physician or a chirapractor about this? It seems to me (but who am I lol) that it could be corrected over time with the proper attention and exercise to stretch and strengthen the muscles around your vertabrae. I wonder if hot yoga would work for you to limber that up....
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I know, right?! It's weird, but on the rare occasions where I do go out to the club, most of the guys who hit on me are short! And I'm like, "Seriously? I can't get a tall guy to come my way? I look so much better from that vantage point!!!!" LOL

LOL!!! I always wondered why I attract short men. Where the tall men at!!! Too busy chasing short women :grumble: LOL
  • BhanGoes
    BhanGoes Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

Does anyone else think that we were more likely to be athletic as kids, because of our height? Volleyball, basketball, softball, etc....

Doing classes like Spinning at the gym is fine, but I'm really excited to FEEL and BE more athletic during the course of my journey to drop all this weight.
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    5'10" and proud!.... have 30+ lbs to go. :bigsmile:
  • RiaLucia
    Options
    Love this thread!

Does anyone else think that we were more likely to be athletic as kids, because of our height? Volleyball, basketball, softball, etc....

Doing classes like Spinning at the gym is fine, but I'm really excited to FEEL and BE more athletic during the course of my journey to drop all this weight.

Growing up, I considered myself the anti-athlete, even though I could participate reasonably well in a game of basketball, I was good at serving in volleyball, and when we had to do a lap running around the gym I was normally among the first to finish just because I wanted to get it the hell over with. So I wasn't a complete klutz, but I would never EVER have called myself althetic. The only activity that I didn't have to be forced into was dancing and swimming. Other 'n that, I much preferred reading books or playing video games.

That is, until maybe the last 6-8 months. Since I've been jogging/running and especially since I did a 10k Mud Run two weekends ago, I can kinda sorta get next to calling myself an athlete. Even though I'm still quite far from goal, I'm in the best shape of my life at this point and I know plenty of smaller/thinner people who don't work out regularly that I could outlast in any sort endurance or strength test. And you know what? I'm loving that. I only plan to get stronger!