"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I eat close to clean as possible. My net on MFP is 1390 but I get a little over 1100 in most days. The funny thing is I EAT and its 5 times a day! But most foods I eat aren't packed with a lot of calories. Veggies doesn't have many calories as well as chicken breast, fish & tuna. I use a small plate and my food doesn't touch. I don't drink with meals so when I'm full. I'm full. I'm not going to stuff myself with more food because I need to obtain a certain number. I'm still losing, I'm not exhausted and everything is going great. When I was 248 lbs my nutritionist had me eating between 1400-1600 calories a day. Lower end on days I didn't work out and the higher end when I did. So I think since I'm down to 198 lbs 1100 to 1300 calories is probably the right range for me. When I had lost weight and was still eating 1400 + calories I started maintaining.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well right now I eat between 1400 - 1600 calories a day. I also exercise some of them off but couldn't tell you exactly how much. I usually don't eat them back either. I've found that if I eat around 1200 calories, I'm still hungry and the headaches start. I have just got back on the wagon so I will see how this goes in the next few weeks. I also drink alot of water ... about 5, 16oz bottles a day.

Is anyone's food diary open? I could use some low cal suggestions .... because my meal meals are usually 500+ calories and I know I could really break that down.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Well right now I eat between 1400 - 1600 calories a day. I also exercise some of them off but couldn't tell you exactly how much. I usually don't eat them back either. I've found that if I eat around 1200 calories, I'm still hungry and the headaches start. I have just got back on the wagon so I will see how this goes in the next few weeks. I also drink alot of water ... about 5, 16oz bottles a day.

Is anyone's food diary open? I could use some low cal suggestions .... because my meal meals are usually 500+ calories and I know I could really break that down.

I don't have mine open because its not set up in meals. What ever I eat I just put it in....all one column. I'm going to check out your dairy and see if there are adjustments you can make.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Wow I wish I can fit into size 11. My shoe size is 13!! I'm 5'9 and its already hard for me to find clothes for my size but shoes? I'm tired just thinking about it. lol
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

I don't have mine open because its not set up in meals. What ever I eat I just put it in....all one column. I'm going to check out your dairy and see if there are adjustments you can make.

Well I was going to make some suggestions based on your meun until I looked lol

Really your breakfast looks good as far as calories are concern. You can make a dressing out of balsemic vinegar & lemon juice to cut down those calories.

I normally eat some lean protein with fresh/frozen veggies (normally sauteed) or a baked potato for dinner. For breakfast I eat either low sodium/lite tuna melt w a baked grapefruit or chicken sausage link with a baked grapefruit. Lunch is normally left overs from the night before. Snacks are normally melted peanut butter on either a sliced banana or apple slices. Also fage 0% greek yogurt mixed with fresh fruit, sweetner, vanilia extract, and heavy whipping cream.
  • PaddyWhite
    PaddyWhite Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I Love this thread! It is so inspiring :) To be honest, I didn't realise I had put on a stone for about a year and a bit after my son. So being tall certainly hid that! :)

Also used to hate being tall, all the men were shorter than me...It gave me a complex about it that I actively avoided shorter men and only wore flat shoes!

Now, I have a lovely hubby who loves me in heels! even though he then is shorter than me and it doesn't bother me anymore! :0

Go tall girls GO!! :)
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    May I just ask what everyone's calorie goals are? I don't want to be snooping in people's diaries but I can't figure out what my "sweet spot" is, and it would help if I knew what other people my height were on.

I've been ranging from 1300 to 1900 depending on the day/week, and am going to try intermittent fasting and see if that gets me out of my slump.

Keep up the good work, pretty tall ladies! :drinker:

I'm currently set at 1950 per day and exercise 3-4 days per week. I don't ever aim to lose more than half a pound a week. Exercise is really my "sweet spot." I've lost and kept off over 100 pounds while averaging 2200 cals a day. But if I slack off for a minute on exercise, the weight creeps up in an instant and has the nerve to bring extra friends! So I'm experimenting right now with the 1950 to see if it makes any difference.
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how tall are your boyfriends/husbands/ SO?

Hubby boy is 6'4", that was definitely a plus in my book the first time I saw him!

My husband is exactly my height. So I rarely wear heels, makes me feel anything but girlie.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I need a love tab for your topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 5'11! thanks for the look out! and BTW tell us how long it took you to get where you are weight wise?
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hey LOVEDLADY..........get taller friends!!!!!!!!!!!!! because unless you know a secret that doesnt ivolve self mutilation you arent going to shrink!
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I am so happy to be here - people don't understand my need to get fit and healthy - because as you all know we tall girls can hide the weight. Its not even about the number on the scale for me as much as it is losing inches and gaining muscle.
  • LynZ0310
    LynZ0310 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about starting a thread like this and I am so glad I stumbled accross this!! I am 6'0 and the smallest I have ever been is a size 12, at the time I thought I was HUGE, now I see those pictures and realize how thin I actually was!! I have lost about 22 lbs the last time I weighed myself and I am just now starting to get the, "Are you losing weight?" questions, and my clothes are just now starting to feel looser. Which is great and all, but it is so frustrating!! I keep telling meyself though that any weightloss after this point will really be noticable!! Good luck ladies and I look forward to following you!!
  • msamcoates
    Options

Well I was going to make some suggestions based on your meun until I looked lol

Really your breakfast looks good as far as calories are concern. You can make a dressing out of balsemic vinegar & lemon juice to cut down those calories.

I normally eat some lean protein with fresh/frozen veggies (normally sauteed) or a baked potato for dinner. For breakfast I eat either low sodium/lite tuna melt w a baked grapefruit or chicken sausage link with a baked grapefruit. Lunch is normally left overs from the night before. Snacks are normally melted peanut butter on either a sliced banana or apple slices. Also fage 0% greek yogurt mixed with fresh fruit, sweetner, vanilia extract, and heavy whipping cream.

Haha ... thanks .... I used to be religious about putting everything in then I feel off and got lazy ... now I'm trying again ...sigh .... thanks for the help though.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hello my tall beauties!! How are we all doing?
  • msamcoates
    Options

I am doing great .... how are you?
  • MeaggyTheGreaty
    MeaggyTheGreaty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I love it! So happy I found you girls!

I'm 6'1 and have been lucky enough to be very thin most of my life but just in the last 3 years have gained about 20 lbs (I blame it on my Fiance for loving me unconditionally haha).

I just saw my mom who is 6' lose about 30 pounds since the beginning of this year and seeing how great she looks at 50 really motivated me to lost the extra weight as well. P90X arrives today and I'm pumped!
  • MeaggyTheGreaty
    MeaggyTheGreaty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh and about pants! Rock & Republic jeans are my favorite. They are SUPER long but they're also SUPER expensive so I look for them on sale and only have a few pairs.

But American Eagle jeans are much more affordable and while the ones in the store are probably too short for most of us they have an "extra long" length available online. And if you go into a store and try on a pair you like the store will order them for you and ship them to your house for FREE! I think the extra long's inseam is 35in. To give you an idea, the average inseam for most jeans is 30in.

Hope that helps some of you, finding pants long enough has been a lifelong struggle for me!
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    5 foot 10 inches and wear size 11 shoes! The least I've ever weighed was 125 and I wore a size 6 for about 3 minutes! After having four kids my body will NEVER be that size again...and I don't think that was a healthy weight for me. Anyway, thanks for starting this thread. Nice to hear other people understand about losing 20 and no one notices. :)

TripMom
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Doing well. Surviving the heat, and preparing for my b-day celebration at the end of the month. YAY! Can't wait.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    5'10 here!!!