"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options

I find the exact opposite when I'm towering over men with flats at 6'2" . The shorter men are always first to approach. lol When I where heel it's like I barely make it through the door. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in september and because of my height heels are out for that day. non of the groomsmen are tall enough.

That sucks! :( maybe you could wear some cute little itty bitty heels?

...or tell the boys to wear lifts. They're there to make the girls look pretty, not the other way around :p Shame on them!
  • Hirondelle
    Hirondelle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how tall are your boyfriends/husbands/ SO?

Hubby boy is 6'4", that was definitely a plus in my book the first time I saw him!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options

My current boyfriend is 6'3". Most of the guys I've dated have been around that height, with the tallest being 6'8" and the shortest being my height at 5'11". I like dating the tall, big guys... it also helps to make me feel like I'm not gonna crush him if I wanna sit in his lap or something.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Hubby boy is 6'4", that was definitely a plus in my book the first time I saw him!

All of my boyfriends were 6'3" and over...the tallest 6'9", but guess what? The man that stole my heart was 5'8". He is my king and he treats me like his delicate flower. He carries himself so tall that he can blind sun. I never thought a man like him existed. I LOVE ME SOME HIM!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I recently got some 5 inch patent leather black heels. I look HOT in them. Pity it severely limits my options with the men. I seem to intimidate them. Hehee. Love that.

I find the exact opposite when I'm towering over men with flats at 6'2" . The shorter men are always first to approach. lol When I where heel it's like I barely make it through the door. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in september and because of my height heels are out for that day. non of the groomsmen are tall enough.

Girl just tower over them at that wedding...let your beauty still the show...at least til the bride comes in of course
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't have a boyfriend. Wish I did....:ohwell: However I do have a "Friend" I enjoy. He's 6'0. He loves when I wear heels. He's built like a football player. "Bulky" with muscles... YUM!!! :bigsmile:

I hope we transition into a relationship soon...:blushing:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I don't have a boyfriend. Wish I did....:ohwell: However I do have a "Friend" I enjoy. He's 6'0. He loves when I wear heels. He's built like a football player. "Bulky" with muscles... YUM!!! :bigsmile:

My fingers are crossed for you girl.

You know what I hated when I was not married and dating? A 6'5" guy with a 5'3" girl lol. That use to burn me up...I was like isn't there enough short men around...why they got to be all up on the tall guys lol

I'm stupid I know.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Options

My fingers are crossed for you girl.

You know what I hated when I was not married and dating? A 6'5" guy with a 5'3" girl lol. That use to burn me up...I was like isn't there enough short men around...why they got to be all up on the tall guys lol

I'm stupid I know.

Oh I agree with this so so much. I feel weird even thinking about dating someone shorter than me, and now that I've been single for a while, I notice this all the time.

...And it makes me giggle a bit when I imagine them doing certain things. :blushing: :laugh:
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    Oh it's so nice to see a thread I can fit into! How nice to see so many other tall girls - hi everyone!

I'm 5'10 and a half! I love being tall - but I do have a hard time wearing heels. I feel silly, to be honest. The same for wearing rollerblades - I feel like a freak! I wear a size 10 shoe and it's hard to find pants that are stylish yet long enough - I wear a 34-35 inseam.

No boyfriend for me - but I'm looking! I've never been with a really tall guy, but I'd love to.

And yes, I've been told many times not to lose any more weight - and I'm not. I eat plenty, but I exercise plenty too which is changing my body shape. I'm happy with where I am at today.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a busy thread! Well, I too am 5'10. I have 7.2lbs left to lose before I reach my goal (Provided I fit into my size 10 shorts, if not, well then I will have to keep going a bit more). I can not wait to lose these last few pounds! It seems like it is taking forever! I weighed in today and only lost 0.2! Ahhhgggg! Oh, well, at least it's a loss. I hear that all the time, but it's true. Happy to see so many tall ladies talking about the trials and blessings of losing weight with height on her side!

Feel free to friend me!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Options
    May I just ask what everyone's calorie goals are? I don't want to be snooping in people's diaries but I can't figure out what my "sweet spot" is, and it would help if I knew what other people my height were on.

I've been ranging from 1300 to 1900 depending on the day/week, and am going to try intermittent fasting and see if that gets me out of my slump.

Keep up the good work, pretty tall ladies! :drinker:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Wow! What a busy thread! Well, I too am 5'10. I have 7.2lbs left to lose before I reach my goal (Provided I fit into my size 10 shorts, if not, well then I will have to keep going a bit more). I can not wait to lose these last few pounds! It seems like it is taking forever! I weighed in today and only lost 0.2! Ahhhgggg! Oh, well, at least it's a loss. I hear that all the time, but it's true. Happy to see so many tall ladies talking about the trials and blessings of losing weight with height on her side!

Feel free to friend me!

Hi there! Isn't it great to have so many beautiful tall women on one site?! Those 10lbs are going to come off eventually. I've always heard the last 10 lbs are the hardest. But indeed every little bit counts. You are looking good!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    May I just ask what everyone's calorie goals are? I don't want to be snooping in people's diaries but I can't figure out what my "sweet spot" is, and it would help if I knew what other people my height were on.

I've been ranging from 1300 to 1900 depending on the day/week, and am going to try intermittent fasting and see if that gets me out of my slump.

Since you are so close to goal its going to be a little tougher to lose the last few pounds but you can do it. Try to cut your carbs down to about 100 grams if you haven't already to see if that works. Your calorie range sounds good. Lower end on days you don't work out and higher end when you do.
  • cheerfultammy82
    Options
    OMG i love this thread and so glad i found it. I'm 5ft 9 and currently weighing in at 17st 1lbs. Heaviest was : 23stone and Lowest ever was 15st 10lbs.
    People still see me and say, you've lost weight and i keep telling them, noooooooooooo i haven't, i've gained.
    When i'd got down to 15st 10lb and my mum came back from Jamaica she asked me if i was ill... not oh, you look great. KMT

My goal is to get back to 100kg and so far my scales say 109.2.

Desirai, i hope you don't mind me adding you as a friend. I could use a lot more on here. I'm logging everyday and need some motivation from others.

Your before/after pic is amazing!! It makes me see how i could look if i stick with it.

xx

PEOPLE...ADD ME! YOUNG/OLDER/BIGGER/SMALLER I DON'T CARE, LETS ALL HELP EACH OTHER!!
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I'm single at the moment too but to be honest most of the guys I have dated are shorter then me and they never really minded that I was taller then them. I wouldn't mind dating a guy taller then me though they always seem to want to date shorter girls lol.
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I usually keep my calories on the lower end because I know how my body gets if I eat the exercise calories and stuff back. but I still have a ways to go. Do you drink a lot of water? Sometimes that can kick start everything again or changing up the workout routine can help too.
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread!

I am 5'9" and everything you've written is spot on! My husband is 5'10" and fortunately he doesn't mind when I wear heels...
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Wow, so glad to find this! I am 5'9" and I was always taller than everyone. Even my own family. My mother is only 5'4" and my little sister doesn't even reach 5' (although she'll claim it every day). I agree there are a lot of positves to being tall, but some negatives too. Pants would be my #1 issue. I have a fairly small waist, but a booty and thighs and then of course the long legs. Trying to find a pair that fits the waist, but not too tight in the butt and thighs and then is actually long enough (past ankles, but not dragging either) is just about impossible!!

I glad to "meet" other tall people on this journey. Weight loss can be much different than our shorter friends! Good luck everyone!!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

I usually keep my calories on the lower end because I know how my body gets if I eat the exercise calories and stuff back. but I still have a ways to go. Do you drink a lot of water? Sometimes that can kick start everything again or changing up the workout routine can help too.

MFP has me on a 1200 calorie diet. I am usually good with teh calorie intake its the carbs that I'm having a lot of trouble with and now I've added a sugar column and I bust that every day! I drink at least 8/ 8oz of water a day and when I was really trying I was getting almost 16, but a nutritionist said I may have been getting too much. So I try to stay around 10/ 8oz a day. Work out days I increase to 12.

I need help too. Before my b-day in March I went 3 wks of exercising every day and watching my calories - not one pound lost. Since I've really been watching over the last 2 wks - a whopping .4lbs lost. I have no idea what to do. People say I may be in starvation mode, but then that got me wondering - how do anorexics do it? Not that I want to be anorexic - but at some point, 1000 calories should = weight loss!!!
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I totally relate, about trying to watch calories and exercise and seeing no results! I get so frustrated, and wonder, why shouldn't I just eat a ton of cake and pasta, if I am not going to get anywhere by watching what I eat...