"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Completely love this thread at 6'2" I have always been annoyed by my shorter friends that as stated above drop 20lbs and 3 dress sizes. What the hell? Not to mention I feel like I Work 80 times harder. When it comes to shoes all I can say is Thank God for Nordstroms Over under Sale twice a year.

Don't be annoyed, it's scientifically proven taller people lose weight faster than the shorties...So while they can lose less weight for more inches, it may take them longer :bigsmile:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet. My feet are a size 12. I have wide shoulders (from being a swimmer) & wide hips (from genetics). Need I say more? lol

<<<edited by moderator>>>
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'. Size 10-11 shoes, size 14 clothes, and my hips have always been ready for child-bearing...everyone always acts surprised when I tell them my actual weight, and i was the heaviest starting weight in our biggest loser contest, despite looking thinner than some. But it is great to be tall!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    SOOOO bump!
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    6'0 here and I like to think of myself as a tall glass of water, quenching the thirst of those who lack!!! LOL
  • wifeyburress
    Options
    5'11" and I love how everyone is putting their shoe size as well! :) I could have been a pro at bare foot water skiing at age 5! I finally grew comfortable with my size in my early twenties and instead of slouching, I now wear 4-5 inch heels as often as possible! I am Amazon! My husband is 6'2", so that helps.
    I remember that I use to be so self concious of my legs, but now I know that I am rockin' the hotness!
    With pants, I am also a fane of NY&C longs and Target has some amazing long workout pants! Jeans will always be an issue because I have long legs, soccer player thighs, an *kitten*, but inverted thighs....( it's weird, but my hips go in. I have a muffin top above, saddlebags below and the hips go in!)
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great thread; thanks for starting it. :flowerforyou:

I'm 6' tall. Like many of you it's always been a PITA buying clothes. There is so little choice if you're not a smurf!

I remember when I was about 13 or 14 and needed a pair of shoes for school. Went to the shoe shop with my mum trying to get a pair in a UK 10. Being a self-conscious teenager I wanted something nice so I wouldn't look different but the only option the shop gave me was "have you tried men's wear?" WTF? I was traumatised I tell you. TRAUMATISED! :mad:

I completely understand. When I was in high school I had to buy stage shoes for chorus. The shoe salesman made it seem like I was a freak with my 12-13 size(which I'm usually 11-12, but those shoes ran small)and would look in the catalog and rub his head like a special order was unheard of. Horrible day of shopping that was.
  • Maddy__H
    Maddy__H Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
    Am 5'9 and love it!!! But my target is to loose a challenging two dress sizes, which is a lot of stuff as we heard before!
  • jackieh1191
    Options
    Hey girls! Great idea for a post! I really enjoy reading through all of your comments. I am 5'10 and agree 100% with all of you. I have learned to accept that I am "big boned" but I will not let that be my excuse for some of the extra lbs either. At times I love being tall and others I do not. Ive worn heals I think maybe twice if that. Ive settled on flip flops with rhinestones for weddings etc :) It is also a pain when youre interested in a guy and he has to stand on his tippy toes to lean in for the kiss!

Im new on here so any help or advice would be great. Looking for friends too (Wow that sounds desperate haha!)
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and happy to be tall.

I weight 165 (down from 178) after 2 kids. I am at my prepregnancy weight and 1 lb from my wedding weight BUT I don't look the same. I have a belly (that is going away). I am a size 12 usually although this weekend went to Lulumon and was a size 8! I am less concerned about exact weight (I was happy at 164 pre kids) but want to look different.

ETA my shoe size is a 10 or 10.5. Pre kids it was a 9.5!

Thanks for starting this thread!!
  • destinyag
    destinyag Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and have probably been so since I was about 11 years old (that was a fun time). I've learned to accept some things that come with being tall, but I still think it's incredibly frustrating that I've lost 10lbs and no one noticed at all (and I'm pretty sure if I told my family they'd say "Really?? Doesn't look like it" lol

I'm also plagued with a rather large, genetically wide booty. =( Super sadness. This makes shopping for anything like pants and shorts the bane of my existence...so I always wear dresses, soffe shorts, and sweat pants.

I got up to around 205lbs and knew it wasn't necessarily my rock bottom, but I could tell things were going to get really bad if I didn't nip it in the bud. So I'm 10.2lbs slimmer and no one's the wiser but me! Hoping for 20lbs will make a difference and hopefully 30lbs by the end of summer, so I'm nice and healthy when I come back to teach in the fall. =)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet. My feet are a size 12. I have wide shoulders (from being a swimmer) & wide hips (from genetics). Need I say more? lol

<<<edited by moderator>>>

Beerrunner go troll in somewhere else please. I've seen you in another thread asking this same question to some other random chic. I am reporting you.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Wow!! There are a lot of us Amazon beauties!!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Do you know the guy at fairs who guesses your weight (loud for all to hear)? well, I always won that game. The guy would never get my weight right, the bad part was, I would have to hop on his scale to prove him wrong! I am 5'9" weigh 195 now and am working hard for 150. Always wanted to know what a buck and a half feels like! We can do this and it's nice to hear everyones take on being tall.
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I was once 5'11", but was recently measured as 5'10". I was pretty bummed by it. And will be demanding a recount as soon as I can. Nice to see you all. In all of my girlie health mags, whenever they do the success stories there aren't many of us out there. Here's to our current and future successes!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and love it!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and love it! Although I won't lie, sometimes it's extremely annoying to find shoes for size 12 feet - that's my only complaint. :P
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    5'9 here and i am glad if i were shorter the weight would be terrible to carry around
  • Ramirez0605
    Options
    I'm 5'10 & 3/4 so I just say I'm 5'11 and I am trying to lose weight. About two months ago I weighted 165 by doing the HGC Diet but my weight didn't stay off. Now I'm back at 185 and have working out ever since I gained it and it's still so very difficult. Would most definitely need some encouragement and similar friends trying to lose weight with me. -Diana
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm 5' 9", which is fine with my 6' 5" fiancee. I can even wear heels and not be taller than him. Yay! (I kinda like heels, make me feel all sexified and stuff)

One thing I noticed today, somehow the topic of bra sizes came up at work today, and two of my co-workers, both a good 4-8 inches shorter than myself, wear the same size I do. There was a bit of a raging debate about HOW since I apparently look smaller-busted than either of them. (simple, I'm taller, and my boobs are perkier LOL)

I have tiny small hands and feet. My engagement ring is a 6.25 and my favorite shoes are size 9, and I actually need them in narrow but they're not available in narrow, so I make do.

I like being tall, I can see over all the short people and reach stuff they need a stepladder for.