"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Can we reframe from saying how disgusted you are at your height and current weight?

For example "I'm 6'0 and weigh 180 and I'm disgusted at how I look"

For some, your current weight is my goal weight and it's not too exciting hearing how disgusted you are at the weight I desire. :laugh:

Good day everyone! :bigsmile: Just being silly.....
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Can we reframe from saying how disgusted you are at your height and current weight?

For some, your current weight is my goal weight and it's not too exciting hearing how disgusted you are at the weight I desire. :laugh:

Well I'm a sexii mami at 197.8 lbs!! Whoot! Whoot!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Hell yes, finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short people are so funny to me!

I'm 5'10 and weigh 133 (goal weight was 135!) which I reached about 1.5 months ago. All I did was count calories in the beginning and excercise a handful of times. Since reaching my goal weight, I am still not happy with what I see. So I started excercising almost 2 weeks ago.

June 1 - 6 weeks of running/ walking

6 weeks of 30 day shred

P90X

The above is what I've committed myself too (see profile for more descriptions) and am doing pretty well sticking to it so far.
  • tryinghard2012
    Options
    Hello!

Now that's the spirit!!! :bigsmile: I can't wait to hit Onederland...30 pounds to go! :wink:
  • ladybg81
    Options
    My favorite store is New York & company. I always buy the long length pants and still take out the hem! I love being tall! Also, american eagle sells x-tra long jeans online. I wear a size 11 shoe and I think stores only get 1 pair of that size with each shipment!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hell yes, finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short people are so funny to me!

I'm 5'10 and weigh 133 (goal weight was 135!) which I reached about 1.5 months ago. All I did was count calories in the beginning and excercise a handful of times. Since reaching my goal weight, I am still not happy with what I see. So I started excercising almost 2 weeks ago.

June 1 - 6 weeks of running/ walking

6 weeks of 30 day shred

P90X

The above is what I've committed myself too (see profile for more descriptions) and am doing pretty well sticking to it so far.

Are you wanting to lose weight or change your body's composition? If its the later pick up the heavy weights to do that. You will gain lean muscle and will look smaller...will probably wear a smaller size in clothes as well because now you are shrinking the fat. Thats what I'm working on now. Check out the book New Rules of Lifting for Women at amazon for about $9 used. Its a excellent read with alot of good info.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hello!

Now that's the spirit!!! :bigsmile: I can't wait to hit Onederland...30 pounds to go! :wink:

30 lbs to go before onederland?? Girl you look like you are there now...WOW!!
  • ladybg81
    Options
    [Side note: About halfway through this post, I got up to go put something away, and a co-worker said, "Look at Miss Skinny over there!" and I said, "Hey, we don't always have to comment on my body!" I know she means well and is super supportive of my weight loss, but I can't stand being called skinny when I know the truth of what goes on under these clothes and how far I am from goal!"]

LOL!!! I always tell people, "Oh, you haven't seen me naked!!"
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5'10" was 5' 10 1/2 " but you do shrink as you age. Hated being tall, skinny and stick arms and large feet when in my younger years. Everyone commented that I wore boats for shoes and you would not catch me dead in a short sleeved shirt. I got lots of dance partners from short guys because guess what they liked the shelf they could lay their heads on when dancing :). Now closing in on 60 I look back and laugh, but feel the pain of the young that go through that.

I love being tall, I can reach where others can't, no ladder required. The hard part now is when you tell someone you need to loose 20 pounds and they say from where? Tall people carry weight well at times but we also suffer from carrying too much, we huff and puff when trying to carry a load of wash up the stairs or even just ourselves. We wince when we try to bend over to tie shoe laces and we groan when the belt won't buckle. Doctors tell us to loose the weight because we can suffer high blood pressure and heart attack from obestity.

Go girls Tall is great, just find pants long enough and shoes big enough ..
  • ninaws
    ninaws Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I am so happy to be here - people don't understand my need to get fit and healthy - because as you all know we tall girls can hide the weight. Its not even about the number on the scale for me as much as it is losing inches and gaining muscle.

Me too! I've set a weight goal but my main concern is swapping flab for muscle and being healthier and fitter in general.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5, shrunk from 5'10". I am 2.5 lbs from my goal weight, but I think I need to re-assess since I still am not physically where I want to be. I believe I just need to lift more and change up my work outs.
  • tryinghard2012
    Options
    Hello!

Thanks, my current weight as of Saturday is 229. I'm soooooo anxious!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hello!

Thanks, my current weight as of Saturday is 229. I'm soooooo anxious!

You are going to get it! Its already written!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello, my lovelies!

My mini-goal today is to do 20 minutes of strength training and then 40 minutes of HIIT on either the treadmill or the elliptical. I don't feel like exercising, but it simply must be done! Besides, I have some homemade linguine with alfredo waiting at home that I made with full fat errrrrrrrrythang (not a fan of low-fat dairy products) and I wants to burn it and earn it!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hello, my lovelies!

My mini-goal today is to do 20 minutes of strength training and then 40 minutes of HIIT on either the treadmill or the elliptical. I don't feel like exercising, but it simply must be done! Besides, I have some homemade linguine with alfredo waiting at home that I made with full fat errrrrrrrrythang (not a fan of low-fat dairy products) and I wants to burn it and earn it!

Thats soooooooounds sooooooooo gooooooood!! Enjoy it! I'm getting some pasta this weekend. With a breadstick I might add lol. Then I'm going to be exercising my booty off :0)
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello, my lovelies!

Thats soooooooounds sooooooooo gooooooood!! Enjoy it! I'm getting some pasta this weekend. With a breadstick I might add lol. Then I'm going to be exercising my booty off :0)

It was soooooooooo yummy! I could've had two servings of it, but instead I opted to just eat one serving of that, and then have two servings of ice cream for dessert. And still with 13 calories to spare! w00t!
  • KristinLynn25
    Options
    Hi 5'11" here... though my husband insists that I am 6'0" since that is what he is, and we are the same height. I'm all leg... 36"-37" inseam. I used to have issues finding pants long enough. The only store was Tall Girl, which is now out of business. (bought out by Long Tall Sally... not in the US) Now though, I can find pants long enough at stores online like ON, Gap, Banana. So I do always have to order my pants online w/out trying them on. But that is not a big deal.

Being tall is nice b/c I carry my weight well, and it's easy to hide. But like others have said... it's easy to not notice it slowly creeping up on you! I just weighed in last week at 200.4, I had always told myself that I would never be over 200! So I was pretty upset when I saw that. But it is now my motivation to finally get this weight off!! I have been struggling for the past 5 years to lose this weight! I started out 5 years ago at 165 with a goal weight of 150... now I'm 200 with 50 lbs to lose!! I am so disappointed in myself, but I am going to do it this time... hitting that 200 mark really put things into perspective for me. I've set a mini goal of 20 lbs in 3 months. I feel that is attainable.

I love that there is this Tall board here!! Looking forward to losing weight with you all and supporting each other!! I know I need all the support I can get!!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    5 ft 11 here! Love it!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hi 5'11" here... though my husband insists that I am 6'0" since that is what he is, and we are the same height. I'm all leg... 36"-37" inseam. I used to have issues finding pants long enough. The only store was Tall Girl, which is now out of business. (bought out by Long Tall Sally... not in the US) Now though, I can find pants long enough at stores online like ON, Gap, Banana. So I do always have to order my pants online w/out trying them on. But that is not a big deal.

Being tall is nice b/c I carry my weight well, and it's easy to hide. But like others have said... it's easy to not notice it slowly creeping up on you! I just weighed in last week at 200.4, I had always told myself that I would never be over 200! So I was pretty upset when I saw that. But it is now my motivation to finally get this weight off!! I have been struggling for the past 5 years to lose this weight! I started out 5 years ago at 165 with a goal weight of 150... now I'm 200 with 50 lbs to lose!! I am so disappointed in myself, but I am going to do it this time... hitting that 200 mark really put things into perspective for me. I've set a mini goal of 20 lbs in 3 months. I feel that is attainable.

I love that there is this Tall board here!! Looking forward to losing weight with you all and supporting each other!! I know I need all the support I can get!!

Your story is very familar. I believe we all fell victim to the height lol That goal is very attainable. We are here for you!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hello my tall beauties!! Today post your weekly workout regimens. I thought maybe there might be some of us that need some ideas or might have questions regarding some workouts. If there is someone here that has a regimen you are interested in you can ask that person questions regarding it.

My weekly workout for this month is:

Monday:
    am- Turbo Fire
    pm- Zumba

Tuesday:
    am- Turbo Fire
    pm - CharLean Extreme Burn Circuit 1

Wednesday:
    am- Rest
    pm- Zumba (Optional)

Thursday:
    am- Turbo Fire