"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• RuthieMuffin
    RuthieMuffin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I'm 5'9", and I get so sick of feeling gigantic and awkward next to my short friends and family. And I love love love high heels, but tend not to wear them when it always makes me taller than my date! :wink:

It's so nice to read this thread and feel better about the fact that I am NEVER going to be a size 2.
    Good luck girls, and feel free to add me for support.

I love when other tall girls wear heels! I'm 5'10" and wear heels everyday! I will never give them up!!! My boyfriend is about an inch shorter than me but that doesn't stop me! :D
  • hbraman
    hbraman Posts: 4
    Options
    5'9 here and down 80lbs :smile: everyone keeps commenting on how much taller I look now! Thank you for all the suggestions on jeans that come in longer lengths, that has always been a struggle even before I lost weight. I'm looking forward to strutting around in some heels soon!!!
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    5 ft 10 too. Hello fellow Glamazons B)
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ooh this is a good thread! i'm 5'11" and i've lost 30 pounds (273 to 243) and you cannot even tell... where my shorter friends have lost 5 pounds and you can already see it showing! soooo frustrating
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi friends :)
    I am 5'10 and have always be self conscious of my height/weight.
    Only recently have I been ok with being tall (DBF is 6'1 so that helps :)).

I started at 234.2 lbs and am down to 162.4. Still trying to determine an UGW.

I love seeing all the other tall ladies :) I always felt like the odd one out!
  • KatiAuchinleck
    KatiAuchinleck Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi friends :)
    I am 5'10 and have always be self conscious of my height/weight.
    Only recently have I been ok with being tall (DBF is 6'1 so that helps :)).

I started at 234.2 lbs and am down to 162.4. Still trying to determine an UGW.

I love seeing all the other tall ladies :) I always felt like the odd one out!

That's incredible! I wanna be just like you!
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    5'10 here and love it! Just because it am tall I can eat more food and still lose weight.

I started a us size 16 and am down now to a size 8. I have a pair of size 6 that I can get on, but I can't sit in them yet.

I love when people have to look up to me and the authority my height gives me. It's amazing how people will listen when I speak.

I used to long to be petite till I became comfortable with the power height gives me.
  • pineapple_peach10
    Options

That's incredible! I wanna be just like you!

Thank you!!! :)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe this thread is still active from 2011!! I think I may have posted on it back then too! I'm 5'9 and I actually love being this height! As mentioned in the intro of OP, being this height has it's own uniqueness when it comes to weight-loss.While I can 'hide' a lot of weight because of my height, it also takes much longer for any weight loss to appear! I'd love to have some new friends who are tall like myself. Feel free to add me!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" with size 10 feet. And I love being tall and 'amazonian'. Makes me feel strong
  • SleeplessInSeattle
    SleeplessInSeattle Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm, a 6ft guy and don't like tall girls......give me one that fits under my armpit anyday! ;)
  • anovak1009
    anovak1009 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'm 5'9" and hated being taller than everyone when I was younger, but now I love it (it helps that my husband is 6'6" lol). I've lost 20lbs so far, and have about 16 more to go. Keep up the good work ladies!
  • paisleypickle
    paisleypickle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread.. I no longer feel the odd one out!
    It drives me nuts when shorter friends lose 5lb and look fab whilst I struggle to look any different with a much larger weight loss. (Although I have now put it all back on again).
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", all legs so I look much taller. I hate it! Maybe it's because I'm the tallest mexican lady ever.....!
  • touchtoshart
    touchtoshart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Six two Bitchesss :p y'all don't know the half of it when it comes to finding clothes
    People should start posting their favorite links here to places that cater to tall people's clothing needs:) js, needs to happen:)
  • Milotic2015
    Milotic2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" size 10 1/2 - 11 shoe. I love being tall and always well. I was the tallest Kid in school until i hit seventh Grade, It was bad enough being the tallest girl But until seventh grade being the tallest Kid with Playground Nicknames of Earthquake and Amazon Girl was Horrible. But when i hit seventh grade i finally loved Being tall. I've definitely gotten the " No way you don't Weigh that much" Comments and When i told my husband my goal weight which is 160 lbs He said "No hun thats tooo skinny We would see your ribs." But i'm still going for that GW just to prove to him that i'll be fine.
    A yr ago i weighed 260 lbs, Lost 20 lbs and stayed at 240 lbs up until 2 weeks ago. The past 2 weeks i have lost 4 more pounds and yeah, You can't even tell.
    I lost a total of 24 lbs and 3 inches from my waist and my husband Or anyone in my family couldn't tell until i hopped on the scale just to prove to them that i currently weigh 236 lbs.
    If Anyone wants you can add me, Would love to have some Tall friends like me.
  • bustedsweetie
    bustedsweetie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and size 7 shoe. Lost 10 pounds. Clothes do feel looser but not enough to go down a dress size. Want to drop a dress size so bad!

It's funny because I used to be a size 12 and I was happy with my height. I was more confident back then, wore cute dresses and skirts, people approached me much more, men often showed an interest, etc. Now at size 22, confidence has gone and I hate my height. I always dress down too, throw on anything that I get hold of first. It's really all down to confidence and I think that losing weight will achieve that.
  • robyn_Bbobbin
    robyn_Bbobbin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3". Yup you read that right! Size 13-14 shoe! Impossible to find! Yes, I used to play basketball. No, my husband isn't as tall as me..
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm, a 6ft guy and don't like tall girls......give me one that fits under my armpit anyday! ;)

well good for you cos i don't think any of us would want to be with a guy that superficial and ridiculous anyways :)

"dude she has everything in common with you!"
    'can i fit her under my armpit? cos like, that's mega important'

• pineapple_peach10
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »

well good for you cos i don't think any of us would want to be with a guy that superficial and ridiculous anyways :)

"dude she has everything in common with you!"
    'can i fit her under my armpit? cos like, that's mega important'

You are my hero :)