"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• lggk01
    lggk01 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10". What a great thread. Thanks for posting.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Also, I am thinking of doing the 100 push-up challenge after I finish the 30DS this Thursday.

Right now I am also in week 2 of C25K!

Wishing everybody good luck on whatever they are working on!

100 push ups a day?? Whew! I think I could pull it off. I didn't want to go that extreme in here because I didn't know everyone's fitness level.

Let me know when you do it and I will join you.

Oh and thanks for the compliment regarding the banner. I thought that clip art suited us very well.
    Well the thought of doing 100 push-ups all at once scares the crap out of me:frown: !! LOL

This is similar to the C25K program, except with push-ups. So you increase the amount a little each week till you reach your goal.

I personally can only do maybe 5 or 7 push-ups at a time right now LOL

Here is the site for the program http://hundredpushups.com/

I'm going to go ahead and do my initial test today , Check it out!! :bigsmile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Also, I am thinking of doing the 100 push-up challenge after I finish the 30DS this Thursday.

Right now I am also in week 2 of C25K!

Wishing everybody good luck on whatever they are working on!

100 push ups a day?? Whew! I think I could pull it off. I didn't want to go that extreme in here because I didn't know everyone's fitness level.

Let me know when you do it and I will join you.

Oh and thanks for the compliment regarding the banner. I thought that clip art suited us very well.
    Well the thought of doing 100 push-ups all at once scares the crap out of me:frown: !! LOL

This is similar to the C25K program, except with push-ups. So you increase the amount a little each week till you reach your goal.

I personally can only do maybe 5 or 7 push-ups at a time right now LOL

Here is the site for the program http://hundredpushups.com/

I'm going to go ahead and do my initial test today , Check it out!! :bigsmile:

At one time ummmmm oh lol I was going to break them up lol but if I could get to a point where I could do them at one time OMGosh! I would just think I was the S.ugar h.oney i.ce t.ea!! ;p
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I am so proud of myself... i got up early and got a quick cardio workout in before work today! i am NOT a morning person, so this was quite a feat for me.

Are most of you aiming for a loss of 2lbs a week? thats what i have mine set to, and it seems pretty doable.. but i wanted to get a feel for where all of you are at mid-to-late journey too :O)
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Feels good to be back in town! I celebrated my 30th this weekend and it was AWESOME!!! I felt and looked great :bigsmile:

I'm so thankful I decided to take my life back! I am totally committed to health and fitness. I skipped the cheesecake, I planned on having, and instead burn more calories on the dance floor. :laugh:

Sending great energy to you all!!! :smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I am so proud of myself... i got up early and got a quick cardio workout in before work today! i am NOT a morning person, so this was quite a feat for me.

Are most of you aiming for a loss of 2lbs a week? thats what i have mine set to, and it seems pretty doable.. but i wanted to get a feel for where all of you are at mid-to-late journey too :O)

I got up early today also and got a workout in. I'm feeling good now! Yep I still have mine set at 2lbs a week. Since I know 180 is my goal but not the actual goal I'm going to stick with I think 2lbs is still doable for me. I will probably try to get to 170...maybe lol
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Feels good to be back in town! I celebrated my 30th this weekend and it was AWESOME!!! I felt and looked great :bigsmile:

I'm so thankful I decided to take my life back! I am totally committed to health and fitness. I skipped the cheesecake, I planned on having, and instead burn more calories on the dance floor. :laugh:

Happy 30th!! I'm glad you had a good time bringing it in!
  • marindamboyd
    Options
    Love this forum, thanks! 5'10" and love it!
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Les Mill BodyAttack for the first time today....has anyone taken it before? I'm pretty pumped! I will do my pushups after that :smile:
  • yeahbaby
    yeahbaby Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks!
  • yeahbaby
    yeahbaby Posts: 9
    Options
    Okay, so I have a dumb question. Is there a way to join this group and get notified of new posts, or do I just keep finding my way back here to read what's new? I'm new to the forums and not sure how to navigate. Thanks for any help. :)

It should show up in your "My Topics" everytime someone post to the thread.

Thank you!
  • heretic911
    heretic911 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow great group idea! I am in:)

blk-weight.png
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    6ft-er here, can I join? :)
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Of course you can join! Tall Women Unite!

its just so much better to talk about losses and sizes that are realistic to us... and not our 5'3 counterparts. :O) lots of great info in these posts!
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Happy 30th!! I'm glad you had a good time bringing it in!

Thanks! I had a ball dancing on that dance floor, it's been a while since I had genuine fun!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Today's 20 pushups were a lot harder than yesterday's. My arms are sore!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Was someone seriously going to do 100 push-ups? OMG I thought my arms and abs were going to go on strike half way through 20....
    Anyone that can manage 100 should be given a gold medal and put on a plinthe for us all to bow down and worship.....
  • MrsK612
    MrsK612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I just came across this post, and am loving you guys!! I'm 5'11, 41 yrs old. I don't think I've ever been happy with my body/size/shape (sigh). Even at my lowest weight (157), people said I looked too thin. Those days are long gone, but I am again on a path to lose weight and find a happy medium. I'm aiming for 170, but who knows? I may find it on the way there.

Thanks for all the posts & comments...it's nice to see there are others with the same issues!!

-Shannon
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

Good for you! I keep telling myself I will get up early but, it never happens!!!!

When I was losing, I had mine set for 2 lbs a week and I pretty much made it each week. Some weeks it was only 1.5 or 1. Just make sure you are eating your exercise calories so you are fueling your body properly.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Was someone seriously going to do 100 push-ups? OMG I thought my arms and abs were going to go on strike half way through 20....
    Anyone that can manage 100 should be given a gold medal and put on a plinthe for us all to bow down and worship.....

AMEN sister!!! The 20 a day is kicking my butt!!!