"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• HalloweenEve
    HalloweenEve Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I'm pretty equal in weight and height to mommiedawn. I'm 5'9" and around 175. My GW is 150-155. I love being tall, but really used to hate it. I'm now 63, but in my head I'm about 30. I gained 50 lbs. over the last 5 or so years since my boss retired and closed his office. I'm now fighting meds that helped make me gain the weight, and now...I'm so frustrated because, no matter what I do, I cannot lose this weight. I really need encouragement, so any advice will be greatly appreciated. I know my maturity, also, makes a big difference causing slower metabolism. There is no question about taking the meds that play into my weight gain; they're a must. Right now I feel like my body will not drop lbs.
  • Rockville19
    Rockville19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's so great to see other tall women on the same journey! I love it! I've just restarted again (for the 10 millionth time?!) and am 5'9.5". It really is true that tall women do not carry, gain or lose weight the same way as shorter women. Glad to meet you all virtually and looking forward to following this thread :)
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    6 feet!!! I'm in!! :bigsmile:

Instead of focusing on the negatives, I'll focus on the positive. I have to say I LOVE being tall. As a woman, men love it! And as the weight is coming off it seems like men are flocking my way hehehe!

I love that I don't have to be LOUD to be heard.
    I love that I stand out in a crowd without having to give much effort.
    I love that people think I'm smaller than what I really am.
    I that I can reach anything I want in my cabinets and not have to ask for assistance.
    I love wearing heels with my long legs :happy:
    I love that women shorter than me always say they wish they were taller.
    I love that no one is ever in my way! I can always see clear and focus on what's ahead!

I love the way clothes fall on my physique! Being tall is a blessing!!!! :flowerforyou:

YES!!! I love this. I love my heels and my hubby is 5'8"....he loves his tall glass of water :bigsmile:

Ha ! I had an old boyfriend that always called me that hawt tall glass of water
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" - started the year at 300 lbs. I'm now at 235, looking to get to at least 199. Where specifically I'll end up is still open to discussion. Healthy BMI is about 20 lbs below that. I haven't been sub 200 since I was in Jr. High so it will be huge just to get there.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10'' and close to my goal weight. My primary challenge is to find time to go the the gym to sculpt and to work flexibility.

I live in France where its difficult to find clothes for tall women -French women are generally small. When it comes to jeans, I chose Diesel which differ waist size from lenght. I wear a Waist 28 Lenght 34. They do up to a lenght 36. I think you can buy them in the States as well, no?
  • Skipjack66
    Skipjack66 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Arizona_C wrote: »
    I'm 5'10'' and close to my goal weight. My primary challenge is to find time to go the the gym to sculpt and to work flexibility.

I live in France where its difficult to find clothes for tall women -French women are generally small. When it comes to jeans, I chose Diesel which differ waist size from lenght. I wear a Waist 28 Lenght 34. They do up to a lenght 36. I think you can buy them in the States as well, no?

Hi! I also have great difficulties getting clothes (and especially shoes) here in Canada. There is a tall shop here called "Long Tall Sally" that is UK based, but their clothes are frumpy for the most part. Also poor quality when you see them up close. Unfortunately they carry their own make of shoes and only have a "B" width. I am 12 AA. I haven't bought shoes in five years now, since the old tall shop "Tall Girl" was bought out by Long Tall Sally. My shoes are in such sad shape. The leather is peeling and sticking to the soles of my feet. I have no clue what to do about it either.

I found that the only jeans brand that fits me is Silver. I have to special order them from a jeans store. Been wearing them since is was a teenager. They have a 36" inseam! Wahoo!
  • Trusted411
    Trusted411 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Of all Gods creatures, there is none more attractive than a tall woman.