Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Today and tomorrow left on this awful level (L2)

I haven't peeked at L3 yet, but I hope there is less plank!!! <---I stuck w it everyday and still am struggling w these positions!!

I will be really happy just to be onto something new!

Also I am really proud of myslef and everyone else!!! Never thought I would have been able to stick it out this far.Only a little more to go!!!
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I failed utterly over this weekend. Was not very well so I didn't do friday, saturday OR sunday, and was dreading getting back on the wagon this morning. Amazingly, I not only managed to make it all the way through level 3, but I felt like I'd had a really good workout... AND *drum roll* I've lost some weight!! I really didn't expect to, and didn't really mind, it was all about the trousers fitting for me, but apparently my body got with the program! Only a couple of pounds, but still chuffed.

Ok, so here's the thing. I'm a little bit ahead (although I've skipped 7 days in total so haven't counted those) and am coming to the end of the 30 days (not sure whether to be delirious with joy or quite sad) - does anyone suggest how I can keep the muscle I've gained and not regain the fat I've lost going forward? I did think I'd just keep doing the shred on a 3 times a week basis, and alternate the levels, but make sure I use the heavier weights, but I'm worried that it won't be enough. What does everyone think?

I've also persuaded my brother to order the dvd. He's doing London to Paris cycle ride in two months and I was seriously worried about his strength levels, so I really hope that 30 intensive days can help. Only thing I'm worried about is I suddenly realised the dvd may be geared more towards girls. Is anyone on this board a guy, or does anyone have their men doing it with them? And if so, is it offputting that Jillian seems to be aiming at girls, and do the workouts work as well?

Good luck starting level 3 everyone, let me know how you cope with the superman!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I failed utterly over this weekend. Was not very well so I didn't do friday, saturday OR sunday, and was dreading getting back on the wagon this morning. Amazingly, I not only managed to make it all the way through level 3, but I felt like I'd had a really good workout... AND *drum roll* I've lost some weight!! I really didn't expect to, and didn't really mind, it was all about the trousers fitting for me, but apparently my body got with the program! Only a couple of pounds, but still chuffed.

Ok, so here's the thing. I'm a little bit ahead (although I've skipped 7 days in total so haven't counted those) and am coming to the end of the 30 days (not sure whether to be delirious with joy or quite sad) - does anyone suggest how I can keep the muscle I've gained and not regain the fat I've lost going forward? I did think I'd just keep doing the shred on a 3 times a week basis, and alternate the levels, but make sure I use the heavier weights, but I'm worried that it won't be enough. What does everyone think?

I've also persuaded my brother to order the dvd. He's doing London to Paris cycle ride in two months and I was seriously worried about his strength levels, so I really hope that 30 intensive days can help. Only thing I'm worried about is I suddenly realised the dvd may be geared more towards girls. Is anyone on this board a guy, or does anyone have their men doing it with them? And if so, is it offputting that Jillian seems to be aiming at girls, and do the workouts work as well?

Good luck starting level 3 everyone, let me know how you cope with the superman!

My boyfriend has also started doing it recently, encouraged by my results. He definitely finds it a challenge, though he did say the other day that he wondered why their weren't any guys in the video, he thinks it's a good workout and that she's potentially alienating people because, like you said, they think it's for girls!

As far as keeping strength up, my plan is to re-do the 30 day shred but try to move over to the more advanced moves and increase my weights, and i'm also starting the 100 pushup challenge today. After my 2nd round of the shred I think i'll try another of her DVD's, Ripped in 30 looks a little more challenging than 30ds, and then there is also Shred it with weights and 6 week 6 pack, they all look pretty good and I think if I can get a few of those in rotation it should be alright! Afraid for the superman LOL :)
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Will be taking a few days off. My knee is stabbing with pain, this has happened before. Will be calling for anti-inflamitory and prednisone med.! Keep Going Everyone!!!
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    - does anyone suggest how I can keep the muscle I've gained and not regain the fat I've lost going forward? I did think I'd just keep doing the shred on a 3 times a week basis, and alternate the levels, but make sure I use the heavier weights, but I'm worried that it won't be enough. What does everyone think?

persian_star I was thinking the same thing. I really don't want to lose any of the muscle I've built so far. A friend suggested that I kept doing the dvd but I really don't want to see this dvd after June. I have another friend that used to be a personal trainer coming over later this week to show me somethings I can do on my own. I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do after the challenge. I started couch to 5k and I think I'm going to add in strength training before or after the treadmill. If you want, I could post what she suggest for me and maybe it would work for you as well.
  • ssstephanie1715
    Options
    I just realized that the countdown begins today . . . 10 more days of 30 day shred. Yay!
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 9 of level 2 done!!!! Only one more day of level 2!!! I have to thank my husband for being the best support ever. I came home this morning after a 14-15 hour night shift on my feet, my knees screaming, sat down on the couch and said "I really don't think I can do it today" (I have to be back at work tonight) He told me not to use that as an excuse and don't stop. He reminded me of how hard I have been working and not to give up. He gave me the boost to get up 30 min early to get it done. So thanks hun! If it weren't for him I would just now be getting my lazy behind out of bed:happy:
  • ssstephanie1715
    Options
    My thoughts on Level 3: I really like this level over level 2. The movements are very simple but not easy. I can do everything with some modifications but I can tell I'll be able to keep up. I'm so glad that the next 9 days will be this workout rather than level 2. I also can tell I'm getting stronger. Doing push ups was so much easier and they have always been a challenge for me. 9 more days to go! Yay!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Level 3. I didnt get it in yesterday as it was fathers day so this morning I did the last of level 2 and then did the level 3 tonight. I do not think it was that bad other than the side plank crunches....
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I didn't do Saturday, and I didn't do last night - have been doing a lot of work renovating our house, and last night I had to empty a room ready for the plumber who's coming in today, as well as cook dinner and do the weekly food shopping, and I didn't finish work until nearly 7, so there was no time unfortunately. On Saturday I did a run, but didn't do the 30DS, and really have no excuse for that at all. I feel really guilty, and my plan is to do two workouts on Thursday (when I'm off work) and Saturday to make up for it.

Weigh in today 151.5 (-1lb)

Will do measurements tonight :smile:
  • ssstephanie1715
    Options
    I just realized that I jumped the gun on level 3. I was suppose to start today. Oh well. What's an extra day of level 3?
  • stephy52604
    stephy52604 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feeling very guilty today. We had a mini-vacation over the weekend so we didn't do the shred. We were supposed to do it last night but had too many things to do. Ugh! I hate when life gets in the way
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    how do u guys log number of calories burn in the MFP its not in their database. i have tried for number of excercises even 30 day shred too.
  • ssstephanie1715
    Options
    how do u guys log number of calories burn in the MFP its not in their database. i have tried for number of excercises even 30 day shred too.

Log it under circuit training.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    That was my last day on Level 2! I am a day behind because I took a rest day, and I just felt like I needed to do ten days at this level. Ten more days on Level 3 and then done! I went and ordered Jillian Michael's ripped in 30 DVD as well. As much as I hate to admit it, she really does motivate me.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My knee is still hurting! On Mobic and a round of prednisone. Lots of tylenol. Really hope to be back on the wagon quick, but healed! Really antsy to get running and shredding!:)
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    My thoughts on Level 3: I really like this level over level 2. The movements are very simple but not easy. I can do everything with some modifications but I can tell I'll be able to keep up. I'm so glad that the next 9 days will be this workout rather than level 2. I also can tell I'm getting stronger. Doing push ups was so much easier and they have always been a challenge for me. 9 more days to go! Yay!

I agree!!!! I am so liking this better than L2!!! L2 was really starting to wear on my knees and my left ankle!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    day 2 level 3 done. I cant believe that this challenge is almost over. I know my arms shrunk this week. they look so much smaller, I cant wait to measure tom. Great job everyone....
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 10 of level 2 done! Bring on level 3! I plan on weighing and doing a few measurments tommorow.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    - does anyone suggest how I can keep the muscle I've gained and not regain the fat I've lost going forward? I did think I'd just keep doing the shred on a 3 times a week basis, and alternate the levels, but make sure I use the heavier weights, but I'm worried that it won't be enough. What does everyone think?

persian_star I was thinking the same thing. I really don't want to lose any of the muscle I've built so far. A friend suggested that I kept doing the dvd but I really don't want to see this dvd after June. I have another friend that used to be a personal trainer coming over later this week to show me somethings I can do on my own. I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do after the challenge. I started couch to 5k and I think I'm going to add in strength training before or after the treadmill. If you want, I could post what she suggest for me and maybe it would work for you as well.

Yes please, that would be great! Mind you, I know the workouts so well by now that although I have the dvd on to keep my timings right, I don't really need to watch anymore, so I feel less like I'm actually watching her and more like I'm just doing a really good workout! So hopefully after my 30 days are up I'll be able to do it without really paying much attention to her :o)

Good luck with the couch to 5K thing - I've heard good things about it but it's not for me as my asthma makes running virtually inpossible. I walk to and from work (2 miles each way) most days which is probably good for my overall fitness and has done wonders for my calves, but I have been amazed what a difference to my whole body the Shred has made :o)

I've started substituting certain moves - the rockstar jump things are just horrendous for my knees so I'm doing a move she suggests on her site for flabby arms instead, and I've replaced the weird weight from floor to ceiling one arm at a time (which I felt wasn't doing much for me even with my heaviest weight) with those squat and arms raises with weights from L2 which BURN.

I'm also using the copyright pause at the end of L3 to do some extra stretching that we learnt at school - i few more arm stretches and also calf ones as I seem to have a really tight right calf.

All in all I guess as we come to the end you realise which moves are useful and which ones not so much, we can almost put together our own 20 or 30 min workout, just need a little timer :o)