30 day shred starting 3rd June

Options

Replies

• JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done!!! Man this all starting to get painful...haha.

So I'm starting to get comfortable with level 1 and was thinking maybe in a few days I will start level 2. I decided to just take a peek at the level 2 workout just to see what the moves were and holy hell it looks HARD. It seems significantly harder than level 1!!!! Totally deterred me from wanting to try level 2 soon...maybe I'll just stay on level 1 forever lol.

Keep up the great work everyone!! You can do it!
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    justbreathe i think you should stay on level 1 for the ten days then level 2 might seem easier.
  • lisarea425
    lisarea425 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can I still get in on this? I started today.
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    So I just found this challenge...I started yesterday (the 3rd) and was hoping to get into this challenge. Can I still join?? Please let me know...I don't wanna go the next 28 days by myself!!?
  • cesctheman
    Options
    Anyone can join ,im not gonna put a date on it....lol
    Just good people here to help each other on there progress and motivation.
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    justbreathe i think you should stay on level 1 for the ten days then level 2 might seem easier.

Yeah...that was the original plan but I thought I could maybe jump ahead a few days and star level 2 a bit earlier, but I've decided against that after seeing the L2 workout haha.
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 and I'm definitely feeling it today. My legs and arms are so sore. But it's a good kind of sore, right?
  • mbastian
    mbastian Posts: 16
    Options
    Day 2 done here as well. Level 1 is kicking my rear, especially the pushups and jumping jacks! Congrats to all of us for making it through day 2 (or 1 or 3, depending on where you are!).

Michelle
  • mbastian
    mbastian Posts: 16
    Options
    I hear you on this! I am sore too. I went in the pool this evening and just about died from the pleasure of it because my sore muscles didn't have my 208 pounds to support!

Michelle
  • runningknitwitmom
    runningknitwitmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all in this challenge! I have been having a difficult time getting back into doing the Shred. I did it for 15 days straight 2 years ago, and then I went to every other day for awhile. I just couldn't keep it up! So I am hoping to do a full 30 days straight this time.I will say this about going from Level 1 to Level 2. Level 2 is definitely harder. I did Level 1 for about 7 days before I tried Level 2. If you are planning on doing 10 days on each level, don't worry if you can't get to Level 3 after 10 days on Level 2. Definitely work at your own pace. If it seems easy, move up a level, but don't push yourself too hard to go up a level. There are some moves that I LOVE in level 2 and I can't wait to get there again! I have been doing the shred off and on for the last 3 weeks, but I am ready to get serious!
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    JustBreathe,
    Maybe stay on Level 1 but use higher weights for the first 10 days?
    I'm a weenie and am only using 3 lb. weights right now. Plan on jumping up to 5 lbs from days 6-10.
    If my arms don't fall off first!!!! :wink:
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    kunmingmom - That's actually a great suggestion. I started out using the 3 lb weights only but for Day 3 today, I actually switched between the two because I felt like there were certain moves (like the bent over row) that were a little too easy with the 3 lb weights but other ones where there is absolutely no way I could do every rep with 5 lbs. My arms are really hurting now after 3 days...my upper body strength is significantly weaker than my lower body strength. I, too, hope that my arms don't fall off before the 30days are over!!!!
  • cesctheman
    Options
    I'm the same here my lower body is way stronger than my upper body. I'm using 5lbs weights .
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Shredders!!!

I began on Friday too, but didn't think to check to see if others did because I thought it was kind of a weird start date. Usually, I notice people starting on the first of the month or on a Monday. Lo and behold, there are other weird-day starters just like me. Yay!!!

I did D2 of Level 1 yesterday and, like most others, my arms hurt like whoa!!! I did the Shred last year for a while and really messed up my knee - to the point of being on pain killers and not being able to exercise. This time around, I'm modifying my lunges and knee related exercises so that I don't run into the same problem. The Shred is apparently known for it's subsequent knee issues so I'd rather be cautious.

Today is a busy day with a family function, but I hope to get Day 3 in before I turn in tonight. I'll check back with you all then.

Happy Day 3 everyone! So happy I found you!!!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Day ONE under my belt plus another 30 minutes on the elliptical to meet my minimum 60 mins goal. HOLY! That kind of kicks your butt. I was breathing hard (i smoked for 30 years until about 7 months ago....so i hope that changes with time) and my muscles BURNED. I took before pics too. A set in shorts and a tshirt and a set in bra and undies. We'll see which ones i Post for before and after. haha.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I started on the 26th May! I managed four days, then missed a day, done two more days , then missed a day, did a day, missed a day, did a day. I should have started Level two today but as I missed a couple of days I'm waiting until I actually do 10 days of Level one.

The 1st four days were painful. My quads and calf muscles were so tight and painful I spent every hour stretching them. By the 5th and 6th day I could do the whole 28 mins without wanting to collapse and today I felt strong and able to do the whole thing and want more.

I have already lost an inch everywhere from waist to hips to thigh so very promising. My body shape is firming up. I'm determined to do the whole lot (even though the odd thing has stopped me so far).

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Going to get the DVD today,and going to start tonight.Count me in please!!!
  • iiliiPhoenixiilii
    Options
    Well my shredders :( I did not do the workout yesterday. I hurt so bad that I could barely squat without crying out :( I am so out of shape...I know I didn't do it yesterday, but I will be doing it tonight. I feel like I cheated/let you guys down and I am sorry for that. Just couldn't do it.
  • cesctheman
    Options
    Finished day 3 my legs kill at times especially my thighs. I tend to sit down for a while after to recover, then when i move im like argh it hurts but its worth it..
    Keep it up guys your all doing really good.
  • cesctheman
    Options
    Hi guys trying to upload some pictures, How do i do it? Im having trouble