Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    No 15-20 lbs is what I am lifting. I have lost 7 pounds since I started lifting more.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I build up pretty fast but admittedly, I am happy with these results...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    @baby_kiwer - Your arm now seems a little more defined, but that's probably more due to the lose of body fat and not muscle gain.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are fast to say it takes a lot for a woman to bulk and that's not really true. I know that I don't like muscular arms and that's why I don't lift heavy. I may not bulk up like a body builder, but lifting heavy can give me Jillian Michaels arms and I don't like that.

People need to realize the reason why man is in woman. A woman can bulk up too. It takes hardly any lifting for some women to get muscular arms fast. Every woman is different and people need to realize that.

Yeah, everyone of us is unique!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I am happy with a less fatty arm. :)
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Your not getting bulky you just need to lose bf%.
  • penutbuttercups01
    Options
    I do build muscle quiet easily and I love it, especially on my upper body, I really love that v tapered Look, broad shoulders tiny waist.. but I mean its obvisouly not everyone preference... i also love big quads and a tight bum but again not everyone cup of tea....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just want to put out there that losing body fat makes a really big difference in how "muscular" you might be perceiving yourselves.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    1377571935.jpg?t=1377571936

1377750952.jpg

How long would you guess I have been lifting? Arms has only been three months and I am up to 15-20 pounds right now. Legs has been all body weight exercises.

I would also like to add this is all while at calorie deficit.

I actually think your legs look beautiful!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Just want to put out there that losing body fat % makes a really big difference in how "muscular" you might be perceiving yourselves.

This ^^ 100%!!!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Just want to put out there that losing body fat % makes a really big difference in how "muscular" you might be perceiving yourselves.

This ^^ 100%!!!

^ 101%
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are fast to say it takes a lot for a woman to bulk and that's not really true. I know that I don't like muscular arms and that's why I don't lift heavy. I may not bulk up like a body builder, but lifting heavy can give me Jillian Michaels arms and I don't like that.

People need to realize the reason why man is in woman. A woman can bulk up too. It takes hardly any lifting for some women to get muscular arms fast. Every woman is different and people need to realize that.

Man is in woman why? For a good time? Giggity! Or is this just a quirk of the English language. Why, maybe!

As to Jillian Michaels' arms....

main-jillian-michaels.jpg

I'd say being lean is probably her biggest asset in that. If you aren't lean, you aren't going to have her arms.

or do you mean the strong shoulders and arms that are shown here (and possibly slightly photoshopped...)

jillian_michaels_leaning.jpg

She's been working out for years to get to that.
    I'm a guy and I'd love to understand how you all "get muscle" so quick. And on a deficit. Because I don't. You must be testosterone godesses.

My suggestion is that what you are seeing isn't muscle but the layer of fat on top of muscle and perhaps a bit of water retention.
    You might think you are bulking up and it might appear to you as that but unless you are at a low bodyfat% and then muscly ... well it isn't muscle.

Or, if it really is, please share your method because it beats the months of training I've been trying to complete.
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Moi!! When I was 13 I quit softball, running, and karate because I would get teased about how big I was.
    Would always wear a baggy jacket to cover my body up.
    Then I just got fat, so the teasing never stopped, haha.
    It's the German in me. Visigoths, baby! Barbarians all the way! Woohooo!!!
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Man is in woman why? For a good time? Giggity! Or is this just a quirk of the English language. Why, maybe!

I'd say being lean is probably her biggest asset in that. If you aren't lean, you aren't going to have her arms.

or do you mean the strong shoulders and arms that are shown here (and possibly slightly photoshopped...)

I'm a guy and I'd love to understand how you all "get muscle" so quick. And on a deficit. Because I don't. You must be testosterone godesses.

My suggestion is that what you are seeing isn't muscle but the layer of fat on top of muscle and perhaps a bit of water retention.
    You might think you are bulking up and it might appear to you as that but unless you are at a low bodyfat% and then muscly ... well it isn't muscle.

Or, if it really is, please share your method because it beats the months of training I've been trying to complete.

It's not the methods, it's the genes.
    I assumed she meant she gets bulbous muscles, which is what I get and consider bulky.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    1377571935.jpg?t=1377571936

1377750952.jpg

How long would you guess I have been lifting? Arms has only been three months and I am up to 15-20 pounds right now. Legs has been all body weight exercises.

I would also like to add this is all while at calorie deficit.

You can't gain muscle that quickly. That's going to be BF you can see. Not even men build muscle as quickly as some of you are stating.

I'd like to add however, that I don't consider your arms or legs to be bulky at all. I think they are a nice size.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    In for before and after pics of women who think reducing body fat and revealing muscle that was already there = building new muscle
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    In for shenanigans.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

It's not the methods, it's the genes.
    I assumed she meant she gets bulbous muscles, which is what I get and consider bulky.

Her 10.5" biceps are scary huge.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lu9ctaLpmq1r4x3bxo1_500.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    High body fat percentage =/= muscular.

It's the same for the guys.

No one can really claim how muscular they are, or how "bulky" their muscles are until they are down to a low body fat percentage and can actually see muscle.

Plenty of people, including myself, have suffered under this delusion. Go actually look at natural bodybuilders, both male and female, and how little they weigh, before deciding that you are "muscular" or "bulky." Strip the body fat off, then talk.