Reached my goal weight (with pics :))

Options
123457»

Replies

• Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    I hope we haven't upset you sweet, we just don't like to see someone doing themselves damage. Muscle actually weighs the same as fat it's just more compact :)

What an absurd comment. Yes, if you're using WEIGHT as the static they weigh the same. Based on your logic everything in the world weights the same as everything else. Iron and feather? Check, they weigh the same. Obviously when someone says that one thing weighs more than another they are not using weight as the static in the comparison.

"An airplane is faster than a bicycle."
    "Actually no, when they are both traveling at the same speed they have exactly the same speed."

Seriously, that's just a silly thing to say.

As illogical as it seems to you and I there are many people on this site that think this way. It drives me CRAZY!

When someone starts in with the pound is a pound nonsense just quote this.

"mass = density x volume
    Further...
    weight = mass x gravity

Since gravity on Earth is a relative constant we can say that the density AND volume of a substance are used to determine its weight.

Volume is a key part in determining the weight of a substance so you can't just ignore it. However, if we also make volume a constant, as in 1 cup, the only variable left is density. Since it is established that muscle is more dense than fat we have proven that muscle does indeed weigh more than fat. "

I have ended many arguments with this.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you didnt print arrows showing before and after, I would have assumed you joined MFP to gain a healthy weight.

But pictures are decieving and if you say you're in the healthy range now, then so be it. You've got a great plan to build and tone........however,

I've only ever heard of people eating tons MORE to build muscle, protein specifically. Exercise doesn't/can't do it alone. If you try and build muscle at maintenance (which is the amount of energy you need just to survive a normal day) you're just going to burn more muscle! (as you dont have any more fat to burn) You have to FEED muscle to build it. So you actually need to be eating above maintenance!! May I suggest you join a bodybuilding forum to get some hints and tricks?

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm just a little saddened by the misinformation the general population has about what it actually takes to build muscle... but oh well- I have the information and I hope the original poster can find it for herself as well... after all- results speak and I hope you get the ones you're after.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you didnt print arrows showing before and after, I would have assumed you joined MFP to gain a healthy weight.

But pictures are decieving and if you say you're in the healthy range now, then so be it. You've got a great plan to build and tone........however,

I've only ever heard of people eating tons MORE to build muscle, protein specifically. Exercise doesn't/can't do it alone. If you try and build muscle at maintenance (which is the amount of energy you need just to survive a normal day) you're just going to burn more muscle! (as you dont have any more fat to burn) You have to FEED muscle to build it. So you actually need to be eating above maintenance!! May I suggest you join a bodybuilding forum to get some hints and tricks?

Good luck :flowerforyou:

A+ to this. Bodybuilding.com is a great resource to start with
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Really,

I have not read the 5 pages of replies on this post. I can't see why people who lose 100 pounds may only get a page or two of responses but this post has gotten 5 pages. I guess I am only adding to those numbers but at least I waited till five pages to pile on. The poster is in the healthy weight range, good for her, it would be nice of only replies of encouragement followed.

:ohwell:
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Look hun I think a lot of people on this site (myself included) are just shocked when they first look at your pics - we are not used to that lol. Our first thought is that of concern but reading your posts I can see your motivation. I am inbetween your weight range at 60kg and would love to go lower as I am only 5'5 but feel I am skinny enough now - I will do weights and cardio together to get rid of this last bit of fat. Even my PT advised against anymore serious cardio like I was doing and advised I check my diet instead. I am pleased you have reached your goal and I am slightly more motivated to lose another KG :-) I hope your plans work out as your going to be bloody cold in winter haha! x
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Well done on reaching your goal.

You seem to have taken a healthy and sensible approach to your fat loss and have some solid future goals.

I am wondering if you are being given such a hard time because the sight of an ectomorph body frame is far less common on here than an endo or meso. I pretty much guarantee that if you had put up two clothed "before and after" pics the response would have been different and far more positive. I guess your photos don't phase me as much as I have dated a model in my (rather dubious) past and you don't look that much different to her frame or that of her friends.

This isn't a forum for 'models' it's a weight loss forum for achieving healthy bodies - for eating correctly and having a healthy frame and a healthy attitude to your weight - her 'before' clothed picture is of a slim woman/girl - not a before picture of someone that has a weight problem - and I don't believe she has a healthy attitude to her weight from the posts I've read and from her blog - to be that thin and not see it is a worry - she is 19, she should be enjoying life keeping fit and healthy of course - but the fact that she is adding herself to a forum which is supposed to be for overweight people to help them become a healthy weight - seems a nonsense to me.

^^^ I agree with some of what you're saying. In the after picture she does look boney. However, if she says she's talked to a doctor and is working on gaining muscle back now then why not take he word for it? And the MFP forum isn't only for overweight people who are trying to lose weight. There are many healthy people who want to tone up. There are weight maintaining options, even weight gaining options. Maybe this specific thread is about losing weight, but not the entire forum. And it is clear she did lose weight. I'm not saying you're wrong about her looking boney, though. I just think she knows that and she keeps saying she did it to gain muscle back. Hopefully she does that.

To the poster who said she could not post because she isn't overweight - who do you think you are?? What just because she doesn't have 100lb to lose she can't be unhappy with her weight?? This site is not just for obtaining a healthy body - which she has anyway, it is for becoming healthy generally.. I am not overweight but I am trying to get FITTER so i am using the site to achieve that. It is a shame your jealousy has got in the way of responding empathically. The girl is 19, maybe you never had the experience of looks being everything at that age but I can vouch that it is everything! She wants to look good and although I got a shock too I looked exacly like that and was blissfully happy and perfectly HEALTHY until I put weight on and felt disgusting and got lazy and UNHEALTHY! If YOU think she has an eating disorder than you shouldn't have commented in your disgusted state and hurt the girl even more!!!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I believe we've gotten all of the constructive posts we'll get from this thread, and as people are continuing to attack and insult other members, we'll be locking this thread to prevent further insults/attacks. Please remember forum rules:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Debate, constructive criticism, and opinions are welcome - but when it becomes disrespectful, it defeats the purpose of the forums, which is ALWAYS to support and inform. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!