People being negative because I "only" needed to loose 22lbs

Options
12346»

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Don't apologize! I've lost 22 lbs but I've only kept off about half of that... I maintained my 22 lbs for about a year and then gained some just from lack of discipline and now I'm trying to climb back up to 22! 22 is only halfway for me...I wish I could say I lost 22 and was at goal weight. Be proud of what you've accomplished. Even if it's 5 lbs... if it makes you happy and makes you healthier than you were before, then who cares what anyone else thinks?! You did it for YOU and that's all that matters.
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    It's unfortunate that she reacted that way, especially someone you have to work with. Some women are really competitive and can't be happy if other people are happy. You should be proud of losing 22 pounds, 2 pounds, or 220 pounds. One of the greatest feelings of losing weight other than feeling healthier, is making a goal and going for it! Actually reaching the goal is very hard and you did it- congratulations to you miss keep up the great work!
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think taking control of your health is remarkable at any weight. I find that many times if people take pride in something and they are insecure in general, then they tend to overcompensate and belittle others' accomplishments/goals. I work in the tech industry and this attitude is quite rampant in all areas of life. Why does everything have to be a competition? I am not a competitive person, so I really, really don't understand that.

I say tell her to sthu and walk tall with your awesome accomplishment! You are fabulous. :)