Twenty Pound Somethings Week 11

Options

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    And, you know what's so great!!!???!!! Your challenging day comes at the begining of the new week! You have 5 more days before weigh in...5 days of workouts and 5 days of great eating!! See...nothing to worry about! :drinker:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I have never had Indian food myself but it is sounding yummy! And it sounds like you didn't overdo it too much.

I went for my long walk this morning. Got about 8 miles in, yahoo! I may try to drag myself to the gym tonight. I pay for this membership but never go. I just love to get my exercise outdoors!

Breakfast was Oatmeal and fruit.
    Lunch was a pulled pork sandwich from a good BBQ place. We had to take the little one out to lunch as one of his fish he got for his birthday on the 5th died. We discovered it right before school so my DH and I took him to buy a new fish and to lunch. Hopefully this doesnt happen often?!

So, since I dont have a whole lot of calories for dinner I will be doing a prepackaged veggie medley and 2 spicy black bean garden burgers. Snack this afternoon will be a fruit leather and some carrots.

Hopefully I can loose the 3 pound gain and then some for Tuesdays weigh in!

Amy
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good for you Amy, sounds like your on your way to losing that weight.

I on the other hand feel like I'm starving this evening and got a little out of control. I stayed within my calories and hope I am not feeling this hungry again so I won't be tempted to eat again tonight.

Good night ladies:yawn:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    woohoo :drinker: :glasses: :drinker:

I have to say, a 3 week plateau is *almost* worth it for how fabulous and motivated I feel :bigsmile: Although it may also be releasing the scale's grip on my life... AND I lost a bunch of inches again finally.

I have to share this soup I made up today. It was soooo tasty. Sorry, no measurements for the spices - I just add to taste.

7 Bean Soup
    1L low sodium vegetable stock
    1-2 cups water (after soup is made, just for simmering to thin out)
    1.5 cups mixed beans & lentils (many stores have 7 bean mixes in their health food bulk sections)
    1/4 cup brown rice
    5 bay leaves (remove before eating)
    1 tbsp dried onion or .5 cup chopped onion
    ground ginger
    garlic powder (or 1-3 cloves minced garlic)
    black mustard seed
    chili powder
    turmeric
    thyme
    basil
    pepper
    lemon juice (1 tsp?)
    1/3 cup raisins
    3/4 cup red cabbage (thinly sliced)
    1 large carrot grated

OR... celery slices, cubed squash, quinoa rather than rice...

Okay, have a great evening everyone!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Pedal, So glad to hear how great things have worked out for you. Soup sounds good. Do you just mix all ingredients in a pot together & simmer? For how long?

I just had breakfast & am still hungry. I've had 16 oz. of water allready. I am going to have a cup of coffee & hope that helps.

Today:
    1: oatmeal, banana, & coffee
    2: apple
    3: Lunch not sure yet I will be out running around
    4: skim milk & biscotti
    5: grilled chicken salad
    6: popcorn

I'll check in later. Have a good day:flowerforyou:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Morning Ladies!!

I just got back home from the gym and had a couple mins so I'd thought I'd say Morning and log my exercise. :) I hope you all have a beautiful morning!! :flowerforyou:

Oh, I watched Shred lvl 1 last night (didn't actually do it) and it looks pretty hard. At first I was like....oh this is going to be easy...however the fact that you have no rest and go from one thing to the next...I bet my little body is going to be sore. I'm determinded to do it tonight...not just watch. :)

For those that have done Shred....Do you do it everyday? It says "lost 20 pounds in 30 days" does she mean 30 workouts, or actually 30 days?? It would make more sense to do it every other day....anyhow...thoughts?
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I have it, I dont do it everyday but I think that is the idea behind it. I should do it daily, if I came even close to loosing 20 pounds in 30 days I would be soooo happy!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Sorry I didn't post AGAIN last night. Ended up being busy. I went to the gym after work (and that Indian lunch) with full intentions of doing a 1/2 hour run and 1 hour BodyPump class as planned. However...I started my run and my WHOLE body was aching. So...I decided to walk with incline on the treadmill instead...did that for a half hour and burned around 250 calories. By this time my whole body was SO sore I thought I would cry. SO...decided not to stay for BodyPump :cry: which is VERY sad because I LOVE it!:heart: So...went home and Michael took me out for dinner (AppleBees as I expected). I didn't do too bad. Had the WW cup of onion soup to start (150 calories) and the WW Chili Lime Chicken Salad for my meal (250 calories). I had a red apple sangria (the big one) to drink...which yes is a mixed drink. but can't be HORRIBLE since it's mostly red wine. And my real treat was the caramel apple dessert shooter (in a shot glass) which I know has calories (NO idea how many) but I think it's one of the greatest inventions ever because they are small but perfect for satisfying the sweet tooth. And I went home happy....not stuffed, but happy. The rest of the evening I spent going over paperwork, 401K stuff, and benefits for this new position...so no evening snacking. So...I feel the evening went fairly well and if it's the only day I go over this week (which is the goal) I feel pretty confident it won't inhibit my weightloss. Right?

Anyways...back on track today. Here's the plan:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain Cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. vanilla-caramel creamer, 1 soft-baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
    2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, 4 sl. turkey lunchmeat, 1 sl. kraft free swiss, alfalfa sprouts, 1 tsp. mustard, 1 small cucumber, 14 baby carrots, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke, Jello Dark Chocolate Raspberry pudding cup.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. apple, 100 cal. pack almonds, Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax granola bar.

Dinner:
    No clue!:noway: I forgot to thaw anything out...so really NO idea! I might do some searching online today and think about it. I also need to go to the grocery store, so who knows.

PM Snack:
    Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout.

So...I think today should be good. Just need to figure out dinner. Have a great morning ladies and I'll check back in a bit!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I'm going to try to do it tonight and if I really like it then I'll do it 3-4 times a week...see what happens. I'm not doing any strength training right now...working on losing fat..so this would be a great way to get in some weights. :)
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Kristin,

Nice job at dinner last night!!! Aren't those shooter desserts AWESOME!!! They are so fun...and you said it perfectly. They satisfy the sweet tooth. :)

My food plan for the day is:

Protein shake and oatmea, coffee w/NF milk....275 calories
    yogart and apple 120
    Salad with 1 whole egg and two egg whites, mozz cheese spray dressing and craisins
    Soup with 5 saltine crackers
    Granola bar 150
    Dinner....probably a chicken pasta thing....something out of chicken at least. :)
    PM Snack...protein shake and 2 graham crackers 220

I burned 395 calories this morning at the gym and I"m going to do Shred lvl 1 AND Turbo Jams Ab Jam (its 20 mins long) tonight at some point in between laundry. :laugh:

Hope to talk to you all soon!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Just a very fast post - today and tomorrow are total write-offs for me as far as communication goes!

Cass, as a personal trainer I would not really recommend that you do the shred every day. Every other day is great, but keep in mind that your muscles develop and grow stronger when they are RESTING, not when they are working. Once you begin to find the exercises less challenging (you're not feeling like the last few reps are a struggle) then doing it 4 or 5x per week would possibly be okay, but way better if you use that and incorporate other cardio and weight training of areas you didn't train during the Shred. I have the dvd also and I still don't do it daily, it's just one of my options.

Have a great one ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Just a very fast post - today and tomorrow are total write-offs for me as far as communication goes!

Cass, as a personal trainer I would not really recommend that you do the shred every day. Every other day is great, but keep in mind that your muscles develop and grow stronger when they are RESTING, not when they are working. Once you begin to find the exercises less challenging (you're not feeling like the last few reps are a struggle) then doing it 4 or 5x per week would possibly be okay, but way better if you use that and incorporate other cardio and weight training of areas you didn't train during the Shred. I have the dvd also and I still don't do it daily, it's just one of my options.

Have a great one ladies!! :flowerforyou:

I didn't know you were a PT!! :bigsmile: Nice! My hubby is trying to push me in that direction. :) (former body builder, gym rat gone astray:grumble: ). I was thinking the same thing about doing it only 3-4 times a week. I NEVER:noway: work the same muscle group 2 days in a row, so I thought it was funny that is says 20 pounds in 30 days...It should say 20 pounds in 30 workouts. :tongue:

Thanks Rhiannon for your input! :happy: You confirmed what I thought. :wink: Since I'm not really working on building muscles right now, if I just did some sort of circut training (Shred or Turby Sculpt) 3 days a week...I think it will be a nice little additive. :)

Just a side note...I'm having a "skinny day". Weird. You know...one of those days were you feel skinny for some reason.(I hope you guys know what I'm talking about.)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cass...Yay for a skinny day!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: I LOVE those!!!!!!!:heart::heart:

Rhiannon...as a personal trainer, I have a question...and you probably won't be on here for a couple days, but whenever...

Here's kind of my workout plan as of right now. Will I see results? I really want to tone as I lose fat...so I'm trying to incorporate cardio and weights. Let me know what you think...

Mon-1/2 hour run on treadmill, 1 hour BodyPump class
    Tues-45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout
    Wed-1/2 hour run on treadmill, 1 hour BodyPump class
    Thurs-45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout
    Fri-I usually try and get some cardio in, either eliptical or treadmill at the gym or out with the dogs, but sometimes my Fridays are busy and it ends up being a day off.
    Sat-1 hour spinning
    Sun-Usually a 1/2 hour walk or run with the dogs or a day off.

Am I getting enough weight training in with BodyPump twice a week? How often should I bump up weights? This is already a lot of time for me, so if I need to add some things, I'll probably have to eliminate some others. But I really do want to tone. What are your thoughts?

**And anyone else, please share your feelings as well!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    hey you. :) I used to do BodyPump 3 times a week....and definitely saw results.

My question to you is...what is your biggest priority? If losing fat is the main priority then your plans look good...but if you want to gain muscles *more* then I'd do 3 days a week...

just my thoughts on the situation. :)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I guess I initially want to lose the fat...so maybe I should stick with something like this until I get down to the weight I want, then start adding in more weight training and less cardio? What do you think?
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Building muscle is GREAT!! However you aren't going to see that muscle without diet and cardio. For ME...when I was within 10 pounds of my goal I upped my weights and decreased the "length" of my cardio...but I started doing high intensity internvals. HIIT its called. So I was working out the same amount of time each week..but focusing on different things.

This is what I did....so you need to find what works for YOUR body...:glasses:

Remember though...once you start concentrating on lifting more often....you will gain a little weigh before you start losing again. :huh: Sorry to tell you...but the good news is you will lose inches durning that time. :)

For ME...I've decided to focus on cardio and circut training and then when I hit 160lbs...(hopefully 1/1/09) then I'll change up my routine to include more concentration on my weight lifting and more intensity in my cardio.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Cass...this was kind of what I was thinking.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Amy...familygirl37167 has been looking for you. She even made a post looking for you. You should maybe send her a message.
  • cassangelidy
    Options

:blushing: I hope I didn't sounds like a know it all....:embarassed:
  • kistinbee
    Options

:blushing: I hope I didn't sounds like a know it all....:embarassed:

No...not at all...but since you used to body build, I trust you know what you're talking about. I appreciate the advice...I asked for it!:wink: