Twenty Pound Somethings Week 11

Options

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    Oh good. :) Phew...I added a picture of my favorite female fitness girl. Kristia Knowles. I like her because she is tall, muscular without going over board. Plus she is a really good person. She is who I modeled my own body building after...so you can see I'm not into the muscle bound man girl stuff.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Oh good. :) Phew...I added a picture of my favorite female fitness girl. Kristia Knowles. I like her because she is tall, muscular without going over board. Plus she is a really good person. She is who I modeled my own body building after...so you can see I'm not into the muscle bound man girl stuff.

She looks GREAT! Good motivator!!!:bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    WOW:noway: ...todays S-L-O-W...just Cass and I running the board! Oh well. I'm just getting finished up with some stuff at work and then heading to the gym for Step and Abs. Then...thinking I will make some yummy omlets for dinner...didn't think of anything else, and omlets are easy! AnyWHO...have a great afternoon ladies (if anyone checks) and I'll try and check back this evening...however...I have some grocery shopping and other fun things planned, so we will see.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Another thought...for our Sexy in Six challenge starting after this one, what % of remaining weigh to lose should we do? 15%? 20%? What do you gals think? I was just starting to think about it since really, October 14th is pretty much right around the corner? Let me know your ideas...
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I like 20% personally....say you have 30 pounds left to lose...20 % is only 6 pounds in 6 weeks. But I'll go with what everyone decides as a group. :)

I'm going grocery shopping tonight too! :happy: I think I'm going to plan out my dinners for the next week, then go get the food. :)
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    20% won't work for me i have at least 70+ still to lose. 20% puts me at 2.5#s a week. i think maybe we could pick our own % to lose in the 6 weeks.
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I had a busy day, but went for a bike ride & did some gardening. I burned more calories transplanting perennials than I did on the bike ride. I don't usually count those calories I just wanted to see what it was. I agree with chipper that I'd like to shoot for maybe 15-20%. Looks like Kristen got some good advice. Glad to hear we have a personal trainer in our group. I've added about 100-150 calories today, since I have been so hungry. I don't know how long I will stay at this amount (1600-1650). Mondays are going to be tough for me until mid December. I start a class and will have to be out the door at 7:30, will be in class until 4:00 with only a 15 min. break. Then at least an hour drive back home. that will be a tough day to eat right and exercise. Have a good evening.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Amy...familygirl37167 has been looking for you. She even made a post looking for you. You should maybe send her a message.

Thanks, I have not been able to be on my computer since early this morning. I have sent her a message.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Lots of posting from Kristin and Cass today! Sorry I wasnt here to join in.

As far as a goal for Sexy in Six....I have 60 pounds to loose. 20% would work. I think that I could loose 12 pounds in 6 weeks. It wouldnt be easy but isnt that what this is all about!

Food for me today:
    Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast.

walked 6 miles this morning!!! so no am snack.

Lunch was a tostada made at home

afernoon snack was 2 sheets of low fat cinnamon grahams and 1/2 a peach

Dinner is still up in the air. I have to leave in about 20 minutes for open house at the little one's school.

Amy
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Heya, quick hello again...

Kristin, Cass already basically answered you but I agree that what you're doing right now is great. And as you slim down, add another day of weight training. Make sure you try to switch things up every 4 to 6 weeks to keep your body guessing. It doesn't have to be your whole routine, but if you replace 1 or 2 days with a different type of cardio or a different type of resistance training you'll make sure your body doesn't get into that stagnant autopilot mode.

I think 20% is great - that's what I had been thinking. That's about 1.5 to 2lb a week for me which is right on.

So on my list of things to do today I had to stop in at the Dr. because I've got lots of crazy bruises on my body for no good reason. Especially this one on my leg that is the size of a large orange, it's completely black, and I didn't hit my leg. I thought my thyroid may be off but it checked out okay. She wants to send me for a full CBC panel to see if anything is going on. I'm sure it's okay but still kinda freaks me out.

Alright, back to it!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Rhiannon...keep me posted. I am praying for you...any news at the doctors is scary. I quit smoking the day I had to go in for an ultrasound of my throat...I thought for sure I had cancer...and I haven't had a cigarette since! I am a paranoid person though. Anyways...I am thinking of you. Please let me know what they find out. I'm sure you'll be fine.:flowerforyou: Thanks for the advice also. I do think it's good to switch things up....which I'm not very good at. I may need to look into being better about that...maybe some more spinning classes and some circuit training. I will do some thinking.

So...for the Sexy in Six...maybe we should have it be 15-20% depending on individual goals. Does that work for my groupies?? Let me know and when the 14th rolls around, I'll start a NEW thread!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: (SO excited if you can't tell...I LOVE these challenges and I LOVE all you gals...you are truly a blessing!)

Well...it's off to bed for me...I had a good workout as planned, a yummy egg beater omlet with fat free shredded chedder, mushrooms, peppers, and alfalfa sprouts. Then some graham crackers crumbled over raspberry sherbet with cool whip...yum! Now to beddyby I go!:yawn:

Talk to y'all in the morning!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hello my beauties! :love:

So.....I am 200 calories under...however I'm WAY over on sodium...eek. Like 1400 mgs over...eek. Good thing tomorrow isn't weigh in...heheh. WATER WATER WATER tomorrow. :)

Ohhhh and I didn't do Shred tonight..:cry: I had 6 loads of laundry to do:noway: And I went grocery shopping...So I'm beat and I'm running off to bed. Up and adam early to the gym...YEAH!!!

I'm going to do 20% for my Sexy in Six goal. I think 15-20% is a great idea. You choose and we will cheer each other on. :)

Okay girls....Tomorrow is 19 days away from the end of this challenge....I have 9.8 pounds to lose...everyday counts!!! Lets stay in calorie...move our bodies...and drink out water!!! Also....remember to laugh everyday!!!!

:heart: :smooched: :love: Much Love Ladies!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Pitty party warning... :grumble:

So, as you know this is a CRAZY week and only to get crazier for the next 3 days. I'm up after midnight again (yesterday I didn't get to bed until 2:30am!) and still have lots to do. This afternoon and evening I have totally goofed and ate differently than my menu and I'm certain I went over my calories. I didn't have time to prepare anything so it was 2 little bowls of cereal then a bun then this then that.... SILLY ME! And the frustrating bit is that I know bodies are very happy to confuse thirst with hunger. I usually have 2 to 3x as much water as I've had today so I'm sure my poor body was mostly looking for water but I didn't stop long enough to consider that. Again I'm a little worried about what have 2 less than ideal days this week (already!) could do to my weigh-in, but I'll just roll with it. Every week WON'T be like this, at at least I'm not stress eating!! I was eye-balling a cookie today and realized I wasn't actually interested because I wanted to save room (and cals!) for real whole foods later on when I was actually hungry and not just tempted. I call those moments victories for sure! Sadly I still made a mess of myself later by losing track completely but venting has helped. Back to it! Oh I'm so happy this will all be over soon. I figure it will take a couple of days after the show to input info, fill new orders and so on, but I think it will all be settled and done with RIGHT in time for my birthday next Friday :bigsmile:

G'night girls...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Awe...Rhiannon...I feel for youl...but I know how strong you are and you always make it through these things. And you're totally right...it's not going to be like this all the time. And your small victories (avoiding the cookie) are actually HUGE ones! So keep truckin and you will be fine.:flowerforyou:

Today is going to be another weird day for me. I had grabbed some things today for lunch that I thought would be lo-cal, but as planned I will be over today because I don't know if I will be able to get any exercise in!:grumble: SO annoying! After work I need to run to the grocery store (I didn't go last night) then I had a vet appointment at 5:20. After that there is SO much to do at home before our Birthday Chili cookout tomorrow. I have to clean, we are cleaning out the garage and the basement. I need to get new hinges and knobs for this entertainment center we have that we want to replace...I'm just going to be busy! I'm going to try and get a quick walk in with the dogs later...which may be do-able and it's really nice out! But here's the plan meal-wise for today:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 8 oz. plumsmart light, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. vanilla caramel creamer, 1 Kashi TLC baked apple bar.

Lunch:
    Luna bar, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.(I had brought All Bran crackers also but I think I will leave these.)

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. pear, Kashi TLC dark chocolate cherry granola bar.

Dinner:
    ???No idea yet. Something low-cal...gonna wait and see if I get some exercise in.

PM Snack:
    Probably none.

That's what I know as of now. I will check back again in a bit!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

Its been a few days for me, but Ive been so busy just everything happening at once! I have a chill day today..well kind of! I had PT this morning which was great even though Im more sore now! She kept me for an hour and a half!! She upped the intensity and number of things for me to do majorly and she let me warm up on the elliptical:bigsmile: ! I have my weight loss appt this afternoon and then I need to go shopping to try and find something to wear to a close friends bridal shower tomorrow evening! She hasnt seen me in like 2 or more months so she is gonna be floored at my weight loss so far :wink:

So foodwise today:
    bfast- protein shake, fiber one cereal skim milk
    snack- maybe grapefruit or baby carrots or both
    lunch- not sure, maybe salad or a wrap from subway
    snack- fiber one water, kashi tlc bar maybe
    dinner- soup or something maybe!

exercise- (PT this morning lol) Walking at the park later on for 30-60 min, maybe 20-30min on exercise bike

I hope everyone is having a great day!! I will try comment on some of you guys posts later on :bigsmile:

:heart: :flowerforyou:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy Friday!

Pedal- It is so difficult when we get busy! Then we look back and reflect and it seems really bad! I am proud of you for resisting the scale and going with it. I bet you will be fine, especially since you are so busy! You are probably eating far better than you realize!

Kristin- Let this be your rest day on your exercise! You are always so good at keeping track of your food and doing your exercise that you deserve a low-key day every once and awhile! Your party still sounds like lots of fun! I wish we all lived in the same town!

Kat- Going to the weightloss doc with so much progress is going to make you feel wonderful! I know the last time I had gone in and just lost 5 pounds my doc was excited. It was a general doc so yours will be that much more excited!

Here is my day....
    Exercise will be 6 to 8 mile walk and then hopefully Level 1 30 day shred

Food-

Breakfast- Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal w/ 1/2 cup fat free milk. 1/2 peach

Snack- carrot sticks, lowfat cottage cheese

Lunch- not sure

Dinner- not sure

PM Snack- not sure

Challenge for the day....little one has a soccer fund raiser that includes a BBQ. I need to eat dinner before going so that I do not eat what is down at the park. It will be bad to go hungry as I am sure there will not be anything healthy there.

Have a wonderful day ladies. I will try to check back after my walk!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Amy!:flowerforyou: It's just kind of blah because I had my "BAD" day on Wednesday...remember Indian food AND AppleBees all in the same day! Ah...oh well. Today will be fine. I think I can manage to stay within calories, and then I don't worry about missing a day of exercise. Plus, tomorrow I will get up and go to spinning in the morning. And that is always a GREAT workout! Then I'll have more running around to do and for our dinner that evening, it will be easy for me to make good choices.
  • amyjoh
    Options
    I am pretty new to MFP and have really enjoyed reading all of the great support and advice everyone has. I have about 25 lbs to lose and it seems like a very slow journey. But I guess if there was a quick fix out there we would have all done it!!!

Just thought I would say HI, and I will keep reading all of the great posts.

aj:smile:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    You are welcome to join our challenge. I was welcomed to the challenge just 2 weeks ago with open arms. This is a great bunch of gals.

We will also be starting a new challenge on Oct 15th called Sexy in Six to get ready for the holidays. Then we plan to start another challenge to get us through the holidays.

You would want to set a goal to reach by the end of this challenge which is Oct 14th.

The next challenge will be either 15 or 20% of your ultimate weightloss goal.

Amy

We hope you will join us!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I am pretty new to MFP and have really enjoyed reading all of the great support and advice everyone has. I have about 25 lbs to lose and it seems like a very slow journey. But I guess if there was a quick fix out there we would have all done it!!!

Just thought I would say HI, and I will keep reading all of the great posts.

aj:smile:

Hey AJ! Why don't you join us? This challenge will end on October 14th, but you could set a goal for then. Then we are starting a Sexy In Six Challege where we all will aim to lose 15-20% of or remaining weight to lose in six weeks. It should be fun! It will take us to the Tuesday before US Thanksgiving! After that we will come up with some sort of Holiday Challenge to get us through to the new year! What do you say? We start a new thread on Tuesdays where we weigh in. Then we post everyday with our meal plans and exercise to help keep each other on track! We'd LOVE to have you join us!!!!:flowerforyou: