ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I do zumba on Sundays, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at my gym! My trainer lets me do that for my cardio because I cant stand walking or just doing the same thing for an hour (i.e. treadmil, bike, eliptical) lol I take my daughter to Zumbatomic (little kid zumba) on Saturdays!! She loves it! Anyone with kids that love to move or dance should look into it for their little ones. She gets to excersize and doesnt even know it. Its better than her sitting on the couch or playing wii all day! ;0)
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Girl, just shout ALL ABOARD!!! Cause I am so on this Zumba train...I've been taking Zumba for the past 3 weeks, and was so excited when I lost 2 inches from my waist and 3 pounds!!! I take Zumba on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday!!! Truly thinking about investing in the DVDs. And once I meet my weight loss goals, becoming an instructor!!!

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I'm really liking zumba and would love to teach!! Just not at the weight that i am now! lol I was looking in to it and its really not that hard to start up. Its like $285 to take your certification class and you get a bunch of materials too. I wanted to do that as well as the zumbatomic and zumba gold!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun..I'm in! I have it on the Kinect, and the total transformation dvds.
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Wow! I'm really happy & excited that many of you will join the Zumba Fitness Challenge starting tomorrow. Like many of you, I have the Zumba for Wii, so that's how I will be getting my Zumba workout. I'm also delighted to hear many of you are taking classes and using other game systems to take part in the challenge. As, I mentioned before a HRM would be useful to help indicate your fat burning zone. I just purchased mine today :happy: ...I usually wear a pedometer but for Wii Zumba I think the HRM would be more sufficient.

REMEMBER TO PLEASE LOG IN YOUR DAILY OR WEEKLY PROGRESS. IF POSSIBLE INDICATE WHAT LEVEL YOU ARE ON,THE TYPE OF DANCE YOU ARE DOING. IN ADDITION ,IT WOULD BE GREAT TO WEIGH YOURSELF, TAKE MEASUREMENTS OF YOUR NECK, WAIST, AND HIPS PRIOR TO THE CHALLENGE SO YOU CAN SEE YOUR RESULTS NEXT MONTH.
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    Good Morning Fitness Pals,

Just a reminder that today begins the ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE!:happy: :happy: :happy:

BE SURE TO LOG IN YOUR ZUMBA EXPERIENCE DAILY/WEEKLY
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge if it's still ok to join.

I'm unable to do the measurements at the moment but I have the Zumba DVD's ( the newish ones but not Exhilerate).

I'll start it off that I done Zumba Live! which is 55 minutes on the Zumba DVD, before coming to work!

:)
  • Frenshan
    Frenshan Posts: 44
    Options
    Cool I'm in!!
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    I am a Zumba addict - i'm definately in :o)
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    Yip count me in too, love zumba. Been to an hour zumba class this morning. Normally go sunday, most mondays, tuesday, wednesday and friday but our instructor is on holiday from today and stand in can't do all classes. Have to get dvd out.
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Monday's class starts @ 6:40 pm, I'm always there, will be sweating lbs off today as Laura plays no games!
  • Tacita123
    Tacita123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in - have missed my Zumba class for the last couple of weeks, but I'm going back tonight, I also have zumba on the playstation move, so want to give that a go this week too! Yey!!
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm all in! I tried the game on Friday night with my daughter, and we had a blast!!
  • missysayne
    Options
    I want to join I go to zumba class and have the at home dvds
  • dancemaddie123
    dancemaddie123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I love Zumba!!!!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Hi - my name is Mia and I'm a Zumbaholic! Count me in! I have Zumba Tues, Thurs and Saturdays and this Saturday am attending a Zumbathon for 3 more hours on top of all that! Awesome!
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!! We have Zumbaholics, Zumbattics etc...I LOVE IT!! Feel Free to add me as a friend...we all need to support & encouarge each other on this weight loss mission. As of yet, I haven't compeleted my Zumba workout for today but I've had my pedometer on this morning and will use it to my advantage when I log in my exercise in addition to Zumba later.
  • snickers14
    snickers14 Posts: 21
    Options
    @miatavixxen - Wow a zumbathon for 3 hours, bet you would burn a lot of calories doing that!

I haven't measured myself yet, will do it tonight but yesterday (Monday in NZ) I just did the 20 minute express Zumba DVD, hope to do more tonight, will up-date when I do.
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did both the 20 min beg level 1 and 2.. :) 40 min of dancing! :D
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I did begginer zumba party 1 & 2 for a total of 40 min :smile:

Also took measurements of my neck, bust, waist, hips and each thigh, hopefully will see much smaller #'s at the end of the challenge :wink:
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    im in i love the zumba on the wii and have just done 45 mins intermediate level which i do mon tues wed thur fri and sun i dont have a hrm so i have been putting aerobics general is this about the same?