ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Can you actually log in zumba - I tried yesterday and I only found dance? Is there a way to add zumba to the database?
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    MY ZUMBA BELT FOR THE WII DOESNT FIT YET :-(
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Can you actually log in zumba - I tried yesterday and I only found dance? Is there a way to add zumba to the database?

Most people either log it as hi impact aerobics or dance. you can "add" it to your own database. I have an HRM which tells me calories burned so I added Zumba to my activities and log the numbers from from my HRM. Usually burn between 515 and 610 for 60 minutes - depending on how energy i give it.

Okay...
    Monday: rest
    Tuesday: Zumba/ 60 min/554 cal
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

CW: 153.2
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Girl, just shout ALL ABOARD!!! Cause I am so on this Zumba train...I've been taking Zumba for the past 3 weeks, and was so excited when I lost 2 inches from my waist and 3 pounds!!! I take Zumba on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday!!! Truly thinking about investing in the DVDs. And once I meet my weight loss goals, becoming an instructor!!!

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I'm really liking zumba and would love to teach!! Just not at the weight that i am now! lol I was looking in to it and its really not that hard to start up. Its like $285 to take your certification class and you get a bunch of materials too. I wanted to do that as well as the zumbatomic and zumba gold!

ME too!!! I love zumb and I would love to teach it!! Hopefully it;s not too late to get in on this!!

Heh. I signed up for the Instructor certification class at the end of July - sooooo excited! I think I already have a substituted gig lined up for August. LOL Those classes fill up FAST! I want to do the Zumba toning certification too but we will see.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Zumba class in 30 minutes...I'M HYPED!! Its been almost a week in a half since I've been to class.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    MY ZUMBA BELT FOR THE WII DOESNT FIT YET :-(

I could of sworn somebody say it works better if you put the controller in the waist of your pants anyways. Not sure though. I have the kinect.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Girl, just shout ALL ABOARD!!! Cause I am so on this Zumba train...I've been taking Zumba for the past 3 weeks, and was so excited when I lost 2 inches from my waist and 3 pounds!!! I take Zumba on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday!!! Truly thinking about investing in the DVDs. And once I meet my weight loss goals, becoming an instructor!!!

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I'm really liking zumba and would love to teach!! Just not at the weight that i am now! lol I was looking in to it and its really not that hard to start up. Its like $285 to take your certification class and you get a bunch of materials too. I wanted to do that as well as the zumbatomic and zumba gold!

ME too!!! I love zumb and I would love to teach it!! Hopefully it;s not too late to get in on this!!

Heh. I signed up for the Instructor certification class at the end of July - sooooo excited! I think I already have a substituted gig lined up for August. LOL Those classes fill up FAST! I want to do the Zumba toning certification too but we will see.

You will LOVE the certification class!!!! Where are you taking it? Who is teaching? I had Erick Santana as the instructor and he is INTENSE!!! It was a very long 9 hour class and I would say that about 6 hours of it is actual dancing so make sure you load up with water and bring a great lunch and snacks with tons of protein! Also bring a change of clothes, a sweater (it can get chilly when you are sitting), money (they will sell Zumba attire there). Also I would highly recommond becoming a ZIN member (Zumba Instructor Network). You keep your certification current and you get CDs and DVDs every other month with routines.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you have a hrt you can add zumba in your data base and add calories burned,if not use latin dance
  • miatavixxen
    Options

You will LOVE the certification class!!!! Where are you taking it? Who is teaching? I had Erick Santana as the instructor and he is INTENSE!!! It was a very long 9 hour class and I would say that about 6 hours of it is actual dancing so make sure you load up with water and bring a great lunch and snacks with tons of protein! Also bring a change of clothes, a sweater (it can get chilly when you are sitting), money (they will sell Zumba attire there). Also I would highly recommond becoming a ZIN member (Zumba Instructor Network). You keep your certification current and you get CDs and DVDs every other month with routines.

Taking the class in Portland, Oregon - Gina Grant is teaching. From what I understand, she is the one in all the videos with Beto. Next to her I will look like an amazon woman! LOL Thanks for all the info. Very helpful since I wasn't sure - I did hear the ZIN thing was good - i turned it into a mini-vacation as we are hitting the ocean the next day. :D sooooo excited!
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Wow! I'm really happy & excited that many of you will join the Zumba Fitness Challenge starting tomorrow. Like many of you, I have the Zumba for Wii, so that's how I will be getting my Zumba workout. I'm also delighted to hear many of you are taking classes and using other game systems to take part in the challenge. As, I mentioned before a HRM would be useful to help indicate your fat burning zone. I just purchased mine today :happy: ...I usually wear a pedometer but for Wii Zumba I think the HRM would be more sufficient.

REMEMBER TO PLEASE LOG IN YOUR DAILY OR WEEKLY PROGRESS. IF POSSIBLE INDICATE WHAT LEVEL YOU ARE ON,THE TYPE OF DANCE YOU ARE DOING. IN ADDITION ,IT WOULD BE GREAT TO WEIGH YOURSELF, TAKE MEASUREMENTS OF YOUR NECK, WAIST, AND HIPS PRIOR TO THE CHALLENGE SO YOU CAN SEE YOUR RESULTS NEXT MONTH.

whats an HMR??

Sorry about that .....HRM stands for heart rate monitor. It's a device you wear that determines how many calories your burning.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    CAN I JOIN YALL?

I love Zumba, too ... I Wii and attend T/Th classes :happy:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Need to pick up the DVDs or the wii game, not sure yet. Did a similar dance exercise video tonight on Netflix. Not as fun, but it will do un til tomorrow's zumba class.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    25 min on the Wii and burned 343 cals!
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tonight (Thursday) - Sculpt and Tone DVD
    Wednesday - Zumba Curves Circuit
    Tuesday - Zumba Class

So, have completed three Zumba workouts this week :glasses:

Planning to do a Zumba class on Saturday morning.
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    sorry to butt in, but how do you work out how many calories are burnt in a 20 min wii zumba workout?
  • partylaughlove
    Options
    I did Zumba last night and it was great! The day before I could only stand 15 minutes and last night I did 20 minutes. But I'm thinking about going back to the Curves/Zumba class. It was more intense than the DVD and I feel more accomplished. But it is good if the gym isn't easy to get to. Good Luck everyone!
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to any Zumba yesterday but I did walk for an hour.....I just got through doing 45 min Expert on the Zumba Wii....I'm covered in sweat....below are my beginning measurements:

SW: 138
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 40
    Thighs: 20
    Bust: 34
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    sorry to butt in, but how do you work out how many calories are burnt in a 20 min wii zumba workout?

I wear a heart rate monitor and it tells me my calories burned. If you don't have one you can enter it under Dancing- aerobic. They have that one in the database, it will estimate your calories burned for you.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I have Zumba for the PS3....been doing it for about 3wks...love it!! Today I did Zumba Party 20min expert and 45 minute expert...1 hr and 7minutes total.......the expert ones are'nt as fun as other ones.....more hiphop than anything! One more 45 minute expert one left than on to Zumbathon!!! Does'nt even feel like exercise cuz its so dang fun....burnt 589 calories today using my HRM!

I say the same thing with the expert ones, I sweat more in the beginner then with the expert. I don't know if he's concentrating mainly on muscle toning and beginner and intermediate concentrate on cardio, but the expert guy is boring! I keep going back to intermediate but I need to get through 90 more mins of expert to get to Zumbathon!

Checking in to say I did 40 mins of expert zumba party on the wii today.

~HMT
  • allthatroz
    allthatroz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 06/15/11...walked around the track (Franklin Field-lane 6) 6x, Zumba for 20 minutes
    Today, 06/16/11...walked around the track 6x