ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• JazQ
    JazQ Posts: 1
    Options
    I started taking a Zumba class last week for 2 days/week. Now I'll get DVD's to do it more often! Zumba is so much fun...
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Ok, so I did two hours of Zumba today, and had a great time!!
    60 minutes of Zumba Exhilarate DVD & 60 minutes of Zumba Ripped DVD...both leading me to burn 1158 calories today! I'm definitely looking forward to getting down again tomorrow!

Here are my starting stats:
    SW: 218.8
    Chest: 40.5
    Hips: 45
    Waist 38
    Left Arm: 16
    Right Arm: 15.5
    Neck: 13.5

My goal is be down at least 15lbs by the end of this challenge!

Awesome job! 2 hours of Zumba!!!! U go Girl!!!!!!:happy:
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Options
    Ok, so I did two hours of Zumba today, and had a great time!!
    60 minutes of Zumba Exhilarate DVD & 60 minutes of Zumba Ripped DVD...both leading me to burn 1158 calories today! I'm definitely looking forward to getting down again tomorrow!

Here are my starting stats:
    SW: 218.8
    Chest: 40.5
    Hips: 45
    Waist 38
    Left Arm: 16
    Right Arm: 15.5
    Neck: 13.5

My goal is be down at least 15lbs by the end of this challenge!

Awesome job! 2 hours of Zumba!!!! U go Girl!!!!!!:happy:

Thank ya much!!
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well no Zumba for me.....tonight was rest day! and boy did I need it!
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done an hour and a half of Zumba yesterday! Done Zumba Cardio Party and Zumba Tone (with the sticks).

Really enjoyed it, although knackered today, off to Body Attack tonight though so no Zumba for me tonight! Will get back on it tomorrow :)
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Im in :) I just finished Zumba Cardio Party and 20 minutes Express Zumba ...LOve it!!
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Did the Curves Zumba circuit tonight. :glasses:
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm so in!! I actually do a Zumba class at my gym every Monday and then Zumba on my Wii the rest of the week since I am in school!!!! I have been looking for a Zumba challenge!!

Question: Since you are doing both (Zumba Classes & Wii) Is there a difference between the classes & the game?

I don't find a difference. The class is just more fun for me. The Wii can be a bit confusing with the steps so when I don't know what they are doing I just bust out my own moves LOL
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm so in!! I actually do a Zumba class at my gym every Monday and then Zumba on my Wii the rest of the week since I am in school!!!! I have been looking for a Zumba challenge!!

Question: Since you are doing both (Zumba Classes & Wii) Is there a difference between the classes & the game?

I don't find a difference. The class is just more fun for me. The Wii can be a bit confusing with the steps so when I don't know what they are doing I just bust out my own moves LOL

Thanks so much for the info. I'm on a budget & was trying to decide if I should purchase the DVDs as well, but I think I'm going to stick with the game. I thought I was the only one who made up my only steps too :laugh: Yesterday was my rest day so today I will be back at it gettin my Zumba on :happy:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Girl, just shout ALL ABOARD!!! Cause I am so on this Zumba train...I've been taking Zumba for the past 3 weeks, and was so excited when I lost 2 inches from my waist and 3 pounds!!! I take Zumba on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday!!! Truly thinking about investing in the DVDs. And once I meet my weight loss goals, becoming an instructor!!!

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I'm really liking zumba and would love to teach!! Just not at the weight that i am now! lol I was looking in to it and its really not that hard to start up. Its like $285 to take your certification class and you get a bunch of materials too. I wanted to do that as well as the zumbatomic and zumba gold!

ME too!!! I love zumb and I would love to teach it!! Hopefully it;s not too late to get in on this!!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    The Wii can be a bit confusing with the steps so when I don't know what they are doing I just bust out my own moves LOL

I DO THIS TOO!!! :laugh: I'm glad I'm not the only one!!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I have 10 hours of babysitting today... Don't think I'll get to zumba but it's sunny so the girls and I will go for a run (they are 2 yr old twins and a 3 year old so they run and I jog) and we always dance to the radio! :wink: Hope you all have a good day!
  • partylaughlove
    Options
    I did 15 minutes of Zumba last night but I don't know how to track it. But the experience was great! Zumba rocks!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I did 15 minutes of Zumba last night but I don't know how to track it. But the experience was great! Zumba rocks!

Do you wear a heart rate monitor? If you do you can make your own entry for Zumba and add your calories burned. If you don't have one a lot of people put it under aerobics dance and it give you an estimated calories burned
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Just got done doing the 20 minute express!!!! It's not much, but it's something!! I'm tired!! :yawn:
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    ive just finished 45 minutes intermidiate level on the wii
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Did 20 minutes of the Zumbathon on the the Kinect last night!
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    20 mins on the Wii
    Easy level, Intermediate class 1- Zumba party! :) I was thinking about doing class 2, but I am ready to get into the pool.. haha
  • Tacita123
    Tacita123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello!

So Monday I did my zumba class and today I did the zumba fitness on the playstation move! I'm so tired now!!
    Did Shred this morning too! Loving the zumba - so much fun!!

T
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    Wow! I'm really happy & excited that many of you will join the Zumba Fitness Challenge starting tomorrow. Like many of you, I have the Zumba for Wii, so that's how I will be getting my Zumba workout. I'm also delighted to hear many of you are taking classes and using other game systems to take part in the challenge. As, I mentioned before a HRM would be useful to help indicate your fat burning zone. I just purchased mine today :happy: ...I usually wear a pedometer but for Wii Zumba I think the HRM would be more sufficient.

REMEMBER TO PLEASE LOG IN YOUR DAILY OR WEEKLY PROGRESS. IF POSSIBLE INDICATE WHAT LEVEL YOU ARE ON,THE TYPE OF DANCE YOU ARE DOING. IN ADDITION ,IT WOULD BE GREAT TO WEIGH YOURSELF, TAKE MEASUREMENTS OF YOUR NECK, WAIST, AND HIPS PRIOR TO THE CHALLENGE SO YOU CAN SEE YOUR RESULTS NEXT MONTH.

whats an HMR??