Options

Replies

• huchick2006
    Options
    i'm in! fun way to burn calories
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    i have been putting aerobics general is this about the same?

I know a few people have said they put it under aerobics dance, Im not sure what the differance would be though. I dont know how accurate MFP is for calculating calories burned but I have read it can underestimate them.
  • lv2sgn
    lv2sgn Posts: 1
    Options
    I just saw the post. I will join the Zumba Challenge. Sounds like fun!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Hi! I'm new, today is my first day on here and I'd love to join the zumba challenge! This morning I did 20 mins at beginner as well as 2 20 min intermediate zumba party games for a total of 1 hour! I try to do at least 45 mins a day so I beat my goal today! I'm also signed up for a class starting this Friday and running for 5 weeks and am trying to do another class for Wednesdays as well! I started doing zumba 4 weeks ago and in the last two weeks have faithfully done the workout every single day! I'm already starting to see results! Can't wait to see what a month long plan will show result wise! FUN!
  • Thewilfords
    Options
    New here but I went to Zumba tonight for 1 hour! I just started last week and I'm enjoying it. I'm planning to pick up the game for the Wii and do that as well at home on days I can not go to class.
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Zumba, has once again kicked my but :wink: Tonight I did the Beginner Class for 20 mins as well as, the Intermediate class for 20mins = 40 mins of pure ZUMBA.!!! I drank 1 pint of water before, during, and afterwards. Glad to read many of your posts regarding the challenge. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. TOGETHER WE ARE GONNA SHAKE THIS WEIGHT OFF!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I take Zumba twice a week. I have the dvds and the xbox kinect so I will knock it out a additional day...probably Sunday.
  • melnia89
    melnia89 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) can't wait!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    137 pounds this morning. Cardio Party DVD. Done.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the PS3....been doing it for about 3wks...love it!! Today I did Zumba Party 20min expert and 45 minute expert...1 hr and 7minutes total.......the expert ones are'nt as fun as other ones.....more hiphop than anything! One more 45 minute expert one left than on to Zumbathon!!! Does'nt even feel like exercise cuz its so dang fun....burnt 589 calories today using my HRM!
  • ebju8482
    ebju8482 Posts: 32
    Options
    Im in too just had a Zumba class today!!!!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I want in too!! Just got the DVD's!!! :smile:
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm in did beginnig,step by step =60 minutes and activate=22 min =total 88 min calories burned 635
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    correction 682 calores measured with a Hrm
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many calories I burned, don't have a HRM yet, went to Zumba class tonight, i'm pretty sure it was a lot monday's are extreme, I sweat like a hog all through class, her class is no joke!
  • amandarose22
    Options
    I just saw this topic right now, and Im in I have the zumba for the xbox and I did 1 hour and 25 mins today. So count me in. Im trying to lose at least 2lbs a week.
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba!!! I hope I'm not too late, but sign me up! I didn't get it done today, but I will definitely getting down tomorrow! I'll post my numbers after my workout!
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Mia and I'm a Zumbaholic! Count me in! I have Zumba Tues, Thurs and Saturdays and this Saturday am attending a Zumbathon for 3 more hours on top of all that! Awesome!

Wow! A Zumbathon :glasses: What a fun way to burn up heaps of calories. :happy:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in,though to get up to three times a week I'd have to get DVDs or the wii game. Any suggestions on which is better?
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just got home from an hour long Zumba class. :bigsmile:
    I logged it in my exercise diary as the same calories as aerobics general. I don't have a HRM, but it's my birthday at the end of July, so I think one will have to be top of my list.

I last weighed and measured at my Curves gym two weeks ago.
    I was 155.6kgs.
    Bust 136 cm
    Waist 128 cm
    Hips 151.5 cm

My next planned Zumba is a Curves Zumba Circuit tomorrow night. :smile: