PURPLE! PURPLE!

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well I do know that all 3 levels are on one tape

Now my DVD player isn't working-ARGH! So I'll try to start later today....
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    What types of things does this workout entail?

Level 1 starts out with arm streches, arm circles - oops now I can't remember oh well, you do get a full workout though. :bigsmile: pushups, jumping jacks, jump rope, squats, abs, lounges with bicep curls, chest flys, chest press, butt kicks, punches with a half squat - (really burns), and Bicycle ... I know these do not go in this oreder, but oh well, just giving you an idea, I may of left something out....sorry

I haven't seen the other 2 levels, all 3 come on the same dvd, i just don't want to spoil it ....lol

What equipment does it require....I saw a mat and weights.....what all are you using?

Just HandWeights - I use 5lbs. You could get a mat if you'd like, I don't use one though. of course this is all based on Level 1 workout.
    So think I can do the Shred??....:laugh: I'm laughing because it sounds like a Jillian term!:drinker: Like it's gonna shred you up and spit you out......probably I'm just stuck on the name and the workout will be fine for me.

Lol, that's put perfectly into words...Shred you up and spit you out....it really is a painful, muscle burning workout, well at least for me it is, but hey, No Pain No Gain, right?
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    I am so excited we are all going to be shredded and toned and looking hot.
    I am only doing level one too. I do believe that all you need it a mat if you don't have carpet at home and some hand weights. I do 5 lbs but when it gets easier I am going to do 8 to challenge myself.
    It is all up to you you could start with like a 3 for the first few days and work your way up to a 5lb. and so on. I have not done or looked at the other levels. But I am sure they are just as intense as the first if not more.
    I can already tell the difference after the first week. But when you are sore and don't want to continue. Do because that is part of the process. You are training your body to adjust to it and it will get better I promise. Your arms, calves, and bu@$ will be sore but it wont last forever. Or maybe until you hit the 2nd level, and then the 3rd. But by then you will not care because you will see the results from the previous levels.

And when you build muscle your body will burn more fat. Right?

We are going to be the Purple shredders. :laugh:
  • melissa73
    Options
    LOL ... Yes, you must drink water :drinker:

When we talk about the shred it's the

30 Day Shred - by Jillian Michaels

It has 3 complete workouts - Level 1,2 and 3.

I got mine from walmart.com for $9.99 ... feel free to join us in it! :flowerforyou:

Ok you Purple shredders....can you expound on the Shred a bit more? Here's the situation..I live on the 3rd floor...and not sure how comfy I'd be doing jumpin jacks and things that way over my neighbors heads.

What types of things does this workout entail? I do my workouts at the gym 5-6 days a week but would like to have a great video that I could also be doing as well...something to commitment myself to .....like in the Winter when I can't make it to the gym because of snow or whatever.

I did watch the clip online of her video....but can any of you share a bit more about it???

What equipment does it require....I saw a mat and weights.....what all are you using? lb wise and such..... I didn't see to much explained on what I need.....cause the clip goes pretty quickly...but I got the general idea of a bit of what she does.

I called around and also found an under $10 price at Wally World....ok, I think it was Wally World..now I better check I called ALOT of places...lol

Thanks for any info you can share on what to expect. Guess I'm afraid I won't be able to do it, like it's to much for me or something....but here's what I'd doing currently regarding my workouts. Kick butt water aerobics at least 1 class if not 2 per day...at an hour each, pretty much everyday except I take Sundays off from the gym normaly.

I also do strength training (cable weights/machines..don't know much about free weights yet...but would love to start them as well or instead of) 2-3 times a week. I've been working out since last July or so ........just gives you an idea on my fitness level.

So think I can do the Shred??....:laugh: I'm laughing because it sounds like a Jillian term!:drinker: Like it's gonna shred you up and spit you out......probably I'm just stuck on the name and the workout will be fine for me.

I do so love my workouts...and the next day the soreness makes me realize how hard I've worked...and I feel so good about my progress...remembering how last year was ...ohhhhhhhhh so not like this year.:blushing: :laugh:

You can definitely do it. You know you can. Your mind has already decided for you. So just jump on our shredding wagon and we will be shredded together.

The first day I did shred it was tough. And then the 2nd day I was so sore I could hardly do 1/2 the push ups and then the side lunges with the arm raises just about killed me.
    But on the 3rd day I was still sore but my body did a lot better with the work out.
    There is a part in the 1st level where jillian Says " If you are on your 5 to 7th day you can really tell the difference." And you will. You will feel great.
    It is only 27 minutes with warm-up and cool down. And you can do it. Your bottom neighbors probably wont even hear you.

Once you get going you wont stop. Lets do this thing and get to shredding. And we will shred off the lbs and get some awesome shredded muscles. Woo hoo.
  • melissa73
    Options
    Okay I am setting my goals for this week.

I am going to do Shred everyday this week counting Sunday.
    I am going to do 40 minutes of Cardio everyday except Sunday
    I am not going to eat sugar.
    I am going to drink lots and lots of H2O.

Lets go for it.

Melissa
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    You can do this Melissa!!!

Just go for it. Tell me how it goes!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    LOL ... Yes, you must drink water :drinker:

When we talk about the shred it's the

30 Day Shred - by Jillian Michaels

It has 3 complete workouts - Level 1,2 and 3.

I got mine from walmart.com for $9.99 ... feel free to join us in it! :flowerforyou:

Ok you Purple shredders....can you expound on the Shred a bit more? Here's the situation..I live on the 3rd floor...and not sure how comfy I'd be doing jumpin jacks and things that way over my neighbors heads.

What types of things does this workout entail? I do my workouts at the gym 5-6 days a week but would like to have a great video that I could also be doing as well...something to commitment myself to .....like in the Winter when I can't make it to the gym because of snow or whatever.

I did watch the clip online of her video....but can any of you share a bit more about it???

What equipment does it require....I saw a mat and weights.....what all are you using? lb wise and such..... I didn't see to much explained on what I need.....cause the clip goes pretty quickly...but I got the general idea of a bit of what she does.

I called around and also found an under $10 price at Wally World....ok, I think it was Wally World..now I better check I called ALOT of places...lol

Thanks for any info you can share on what to expect. Guess I'm afraid I won't be able to do it, like it's to much for me or something....but here's what I'd doing currently regarding my workouts. Kick butt water aerobics at least 1 class if not 2 per day...at an hour each, pretty much everyday except I take Sundays off from the gym normaly.

I also do strength training (cable weights/machines..don't know much about free weights yet...but would love to start them as well or instead of) 2-3 times a week. I've been working out since last July or so ........just gives you an idea on my fitness level.

I do so love my workouts...and the next day the soreness makes me realize how hard I've worked...and I feel so good about my progress...remembering how last year was ...ohhhhhhhhh so not like this year.:blushing: :laugh:

You can definitely do it. You know you can. Your mind has already decided for you. So just jump on our shredding wagon and we will be shredded together.

The first day I did shred it was tough. And then the 2nd day I was so sore I could hardly do 1/2 the push ups and then the side lunges with the arm raises just about killed me.
    But on the 3rd day I was still sore but my body did a lot better with the work out.
    There is a part in the 1st level where jillian Says " If you are on your 5 to 7th day you can really tell the difference." And you will. You will feel great.
    It is only 27 minutes with warm-up and cool down. And you can do it. Your bottom neighbors probably wont even hear you.

Once you get going you wont stop. Lets do this thing and get to shredding. And we will shred off the lbs and get some awesome shredded muscles. Woo hoo.

Ok, ok...so you musta been right...I musta known I can take on the challenge as I bought the video after I left the gym this morning!! :laugh: :drinker: DancinStickBoy1.gif

EXCITED!!:tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I am so excited we are all going to be shredded and toned and looking hot.
    I am only doing level one too. I do believe that all you need it a mat if you don't have carpet at home and some hand weights. I do 5 lbs but when it gets easier I am going to do 8 to challenge myself.
    It is all up to you you could start with like a 3 for the first few days and work your way up to a 5lb. and so on. I have not done or looked at the other levels. But I am sure they are just as intense as the first if not more.
    I can already tell the difference after the first week. But when you are sore and don't want to continue. Do because that is part of the process. You are training your body to adjust to it and it will get better I promise. Your arms, calves, and bu@$ will be sore but it wont last forever. Or maybe until you hit the 2nd level, and then the 3rd. But by then you will not care because you will see the results from the previous levels.

And when you build muscle your body will burn more fat. Right?

We are going to be the Purple shredders. :laugh:

Ok, I'm aboard the Purple Wagon of Shredders! Wheeeeeeeeee.....this is great having a common goal and being able to discuss it.... I'll discuss opening the pkg. up later.:laugh: kaos-crazybunny01.gif Yup...it'll be a pkg. opening party at my HOUSE!:drinker:

My DVD player is on my PC so I need to shove some things around so I can work in here and do it...I'm in the midst of selling a bunch of stuff on Ebay so have some things making me feel a bit boxed in around my PC. I need to shift things around a bit and then I can get going on the Purple Peeps Shred Wagon with y'll.

Yea, I just needed some confidence I think...that I could jump in and do it....I never in the world thought I would ever be able to do what I do now at the gym last year at this time. Sheesh... So I'll jump in with this video and give it my all as well... I'm so glad I found a copy easily...YIPEE.

I see there's another Shred Thread floating around as well....I may jump on there and cheer them on as well..but my loyalty lies with my Purple Blooded Partners on the Purple Shred wagon.:laugh:
  • melissa73
    Options
    Whoopie... Right on... We rock... We are going to be shredded in no time.
    This is my happy dance.
    th3de3a8c4-1.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    *********************************************************************************
    "Don't forget to tune in to NBC TWO nights this week for The Biggest Loser,
    TONIGHT at 8 p.m. ET and Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET! "
    **********************************************************************************
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Ok I just finished my first shred - and I am shaking! OUCH! Wow! need I say more
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see our team's stats this week!!!!!

I think I'm back under my start weight for the challenge!!! :drinker:

Thanks to all of you guys for motivating me....and making me step away from the tootsie rolls! tootsieroll.gifhighfive.gif

:heart: :flowerforyou:

crazy.gif<= I'm in this kind of mood today...hahaha!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hello Purple team,

I just wanted to say I am sorry that I feel like I disappointed everyone. I was very depressed this weekend and went on a weekend splurge!!!! I am trying to get my mind set back. :sad: I don't know...... I just need to make myself get up and exercise!!!!!!!!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Hello Purple team,

I just wanted to say I am sorry that I feel like I disappointed everyone. I was very depressed this weekend and went on a weekend splurge!!!! I am trying to get my mind set back. :sad: I don't know...... I just need to make myself get up and exercise!!!!!!!!

Honey no crying!!!

You're putting too much pressure on yourself and you cannot believe that we would be disappointed in you!! You're our team mate!

Take it one step at a time and maybe focus on your eating and, when that is natural, then work on the excercise. You can't expect your body to accept it all at once!!

:flowerforyou: And {HUGS}.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hello Purple team,

sweetie,

there is no "I" in TEAM. YOU have to just look out for YOU. we are all gonna have bad days. but we are here to cheer you on. good days or bad.

GO PURPLE!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Hello Purple team,

Don't set your mind back.... Set it forward! The past is the past is the past. All we have is the future!

Yesterday is gone, let's focus on today. You have not let us down!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I love my purples! :heart:
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I did much better eating only 1,200 calories, the less I ate the better I do!!!! I don't know how the people on BL do it!!! :grumble: My husband says if I was on that show I would be crying also!!!!!! lol

I know I messed up, but thanks for being there for me, just cause I messed up does not give me the green flag to keep messing up, I can do it!!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I did much better eating only 1,200 calories, the less I ate the better I do!!!! I don't know how the people on BL do it!!! :grumble: My husband says if I was on that show I would be crying also!!!!!! lol

I know I messed up, but thanks for being there for me, just cause I messed up does not give me the green flag to keep messing up, I can do it!!!!

Hurray for positivity! :drinker: You're worth it! :heart:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Funny how much I want to slap Jillian during the shred! I swear if she calls those girls buddy one more time......

I did it - successfully completed day 2 of shredding - I am feeling it!