Warrior Dash: Mud, Sweat, Blood and Beer! Lotsa pics.

Options

Replies

• torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    My warrior dash is only 23 days away. I'm SO excited and SO nervous, all at the same time. I"m sure it's going to be a blast............
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Awesome pictures and very inspirational! Having just completed my first adventure race, I'd love to do more.
  • JulieMD
    JulieMD Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did this race in May! It was so fun, but it rained so some parts of the trail were literally impossible to run due to the sheer amount of slippery mud. My time was 43 mins (but my dad and I waited for his gf to catch up for a good 5, plus waiting in line for obstacles) and I got 63 in my age group, 1886 out of somewhere close to 7000 according to the site. It was great! Definitely doing it again next year.
  • aprilcox
    aprilcox Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for posting all of this! I love the photos and the journal was brillantly written. My sister talked me into doing the Warrior Dash this year - less than 8 days from now. I thought I was more prepared, but as the days tick away, I find myself feeling less and less prepared. I can't say your post helped relieve this feeling any, but it did reassure the part of me that knows I'll have fun whether I'm the first or the last to cross the finish line. I hadn't even heard of the training schedules when she signed us up 2 weeks ago, and after reading other posts, I found them - only to realize I should've been following them 8 weeks ago! Oh well, so I may not be prepared physically, but my sister is working on rockin' costumes for us so we'll look good! Wish us luck! :ohwell:
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Any hints for surviving the course would be appreciated. I'm competing this Sunday and am a bit nervous but also very excited.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Have fun! :happy: If an obstacle seems to hard, skip it. If the running is too much (ie... if it's too hot to run safely), hike instead. You'll get an amazing sense of accomplishment just finishing... don't treat it like a race. Just an adventure.

You'll probably want a change of clothes, a plastic bag to put your muddy clothes in, and some wet naps to clean any scratches.

And don't dive into the mud pit until you've seen other people safely jump in. Sometimes there's not quite enough water, and that would HURT. :wink:
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to run mine at 4:00 on Sunday! Hopefully the horribly humidity in MN will be mostly gone by then!
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Hey I fully expect Pictures, just like firewalker posted, I am doing mine in January in Central Florida . Have fun
  • amanda_h
    amanda_h Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great story! I, too, am signed up for the Warrior Dash here in Wisco in September. Can't wait, though I have a bit of work to do on the running front. I'm more of an interval training and weights kinda gal and I'll have to up the running if I don't want a lung to collapse en route! :tongue:

The pictures are amazing! Here's hoping the hubster can join you next year. You'll have to get another photographer on the scene, though...
  • Amy1066
    Amy1066 Posts: 30
    Options
    I do mine on sat! Can't wait.
  • LauraJo08
    Options
    Finished the Dash yesterday! It was SOOOOOO great. I had an amazing time. I ended up with a time of 39:08, which I was ok with, but I know that I could have done better because I waited for friends in the beginning before they told me to just go ahead. Here's a picture of me and my friend afterword (I'm in the muddy viking skirt, repping my warrior ancestry of course).

IMG_5128.jpg
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Nice post some action photos
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    LauraJo... was that after the hosing? Because you look quite clean! :D
  • LauraJo08
    Options
    Haha actually no. I did throw water cups on my face though. But I finished 13 minutes before my friends, so I waited for them before taking the pictures.

I unfortunately didn't have any friends there that weren't in the race as well, so I won't have any action photos until the official sports photos come out. If there are some good ones I am definitely going to buy them.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    yeah because my picture is right after the race on saturday.
  • aprilcox
    aprilcox Posts: 7
    Options
    Ok, so I'm nervous and excited... running the dash this coming Sunday and totally not in good enough shape for it still. So after reading the posts, here's my plan - have fun this year, do better next year (but still have fun). I think we're going to have a blast no matter what! Keep posting photos too - it's great seeing everything!
  • megskin15
    megskin15 Posts: 94
    Options
    My boyfriend's sister just suggested we do one of these... I'm a little nervous since there isn't a whole lot of time to train for it before then... but maybe next year!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You are my idol. Seriously. Because of your pics I decided that I am doing this next year. Now I know for sure it is the right decision.

Looks like you had an awesome time! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Love all your pictures!!! Thank you for sharing. I"m in the upcoming Jail Break, Mud Run and Spartan races here in DFW area. Here's to muddy racing
  • Pretty_Pain
    Pretty_Pain Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ok im talked into it for sure!!!!! thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!