My body's transformation

Options
mtf612
mtf612 Posts: 47 Member
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135365691

June10%252526June11.jpg

I began my journey to fitness on June 9th 2010, when I went out for a run at 3am. I was restless, having consumed over $10 worth of McDonald's earlier that night. Having not run in months, I was winded. When I awoke later that morning - I decided to try and lose some weight and improve my running. I weighed myself on my scale and the next day I took my first progress photos. I then registered to use my university's gym. I told my friend I was going to try and lose weight and he supported me by giving me a 2lb case of Optimum Nutrition Whey and a copy of "The Abs Diet" by David Zinczenko for my birthday (June 12th).

I began by simply running on the treadmill or using the exercise bike. Light cardio in my view now - but it was hell at the time. I went to the gym everyday and hardly ever allowed myself to cheat on my diet.

When September rolled around the gym was packed as all the students returned from break. While I had been in a packed gym before (I had a brief membership at 24hourfitness a few years back), I had grown accustomed to an empty gym. It slowly forced me to try new equipment and different exercises. I increased my time in the gym to an hour a day (still every day). I slowly reduced my reliance on cardio and began to do more and more lifting exercises - though they were all machines.

This schedule continued until November when I created a routine. It didnt have required exercises, or a planned number of sets. It was simply 'pull day' , 'core day' , 'push day' , 'leg day' - 'repeat'. I followed this plan for months.

In February I applied for a job in my gym. Out of 100+ applicants, 20 students were interviewed. I stated my love for my gym, how it changed my life, and how I want to make it a better place.

On March 10th I reached my lowest weight - 153.6lbs. The picture for March was taken on that date. From there I went on spring break and began to allow myself cheat meals. When I returned I began using free weights much more often and began to full abandon machines. When I returned from Spring break, one day while working out, the gym manager told me he needed to speak to me when I was done working out. When I went in his office I was told I got the job. I now work for my gym.

In april I began doing squats. I had basically removed all machines (save for leg exercises, adjustable pulleys, and a few select core machines I like) from my routine. I had a strict set of exercises that I did.

In May I perfected my routine by lowering the number of exercises, raising the weight used, and aiming for 8 reps and 3 sets. I was having a lot of cheat meals in may (semesters end - parties start). I gained a lot of strength in this time by comparison.

Now my plan is to finally bulk. Ive always eaten a caloric deficit. I am going to eat 2600 calories a day, and do 20 minutes of cardio at least 4 times a week. I will be doing an actual routine now - one similar to Starting Strength.

1June%252520245.jpg
This was my first photo. Taken June 10th, 2010 at 243.6lb.

2August%252520219.jpg
One of my greatest regrets is not having a photo for July 2010. However, this photo is from August 9th, 2010 at 219.6lbs

3September%252520210.jpg
September 10th, 2010 at 210.8lbs

4October%252520198.jpg
October 10th, 2010 at 192.2lbs - my first time below 200 pounds in a few years.

5November%252520186.jpg
November 9th, 2010 at 185.2lbs

6December%252520175.jpg
December 9th, 2010 at 174.6lbs

7January%252520163.jpgk
January 9th, 2011 at 162.6lbs

8February%252520158.jpg
February 10th, 2011 at 158.2lbs

9March%252520153.jpg
March 10th, 2011 at 153.6lbs - 92lbs lost in 275 days - My lowest weight

10April%252520157.jpg
April 12th, 2011 at 157.2lbs

11May%252520160.jpg
May 12th, 2011 at about 160lbs

12One%252520year%252520161.jpg
ONE YEAR June 9th, 2011 at 161.0lbs

June911Back.jpg

My physical change has led to equal changes in my social and mental health. I am a much happier person, having suffered from chronic depression for years, and I am much more outgoing. This was never a diet - it was a lifestyle change.

Replies

• ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW!!!! You look like a totally different person-you are freakin awesome! thanks for sharing that!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow!

Incredible job! Congrats!
  • Nikipowpez
    Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If thats not motivating, I don't know what is. Great job!! You look awesome! Congrats and thanks so much for sharing!!!
  • mtf612
    mtf612 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ya unfortunately the side comparison shots are cut off on this site. Check them out by opening the images in a new window OR look at the bodybuilding.com thread.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    no loose skin? amazing! woohoo!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    wow, i'm in awe. absolutely remarkable transformation!
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    You are a true inspiration!!
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell that's amazing! :smile:
  • GGMarie1501
    Options
    Sooo amazing!! Thanks for sharing!! Doubly motivating!! :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    excellent -

but you know what I noticed the most? Your smile. You looked grumpy as hell to start but the smile in the last photo really showed what a different this process can make.
  • PositiveMummy
    Options
    WOW - how brilliant, well done!!! I love how your face gets happier as the pics go on, you must, and should be, so proud of yourself. You're an inspiration :)
  • Shushonet
    Shushonet Posts: 37
    Options
    WOW. I couldn't see how beautiful you are until you started smiling, just about when you started to lose weight. You look AWSOME!!!
  • HunniBunniLisy
    HunniBunniLisy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Inspiring transformation, what an achievement. You should be so proud of your dedication - and it didn't take that long really!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - now that is a transformation - great results - you look fantastic - and I love the color of the walls :-)
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    WOOPATCHA!! Awesome! Sounds like a lot of hard work and determination - but my god does it pay off! Nice work! x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation, of both your body and career!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! And I am so pleased to hear how much happier and confident you are too. Just bears out everything about heatlhy body/healthy mind! You rock! :flowerforyou:

ETA: Also meant to congratulate you on your job at the gym. How fantastic is that?! And no mean feat, beating 99 other people to it too!
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    WOW!! You look completely different :noway: WELL DONE! :smile:
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What a great story and amazing transformation. You should be so proud of yourself! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!