30DS Starting 6/15 or 6/16

Options

Replies

481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    Im on week 4 of the C25K programme, and i thought i would take up the 30ds again,. I did it last year and it made such a difference, then I let myself go again *Sulks*
    this time im gonna do it tho! I do the c25k 3 x a week, and im planning on doing the 30DS at LEAST on the days im not running, and hopefully if all goes to plan, then ALSO on the days i run too. Ill see how things go! :)
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow! We are growing into quite a nice sized group. I just finished day 2 and once again made it through. I was starting to feel the soreness from yesterdays workout, but once I got warmed up I felt much better!

mosneakers - I understand the Chicago weather. I live on the other side of Lake MIchigan in Kalamazoo, MI and we get a lot of the same junk!

paramedic52 - I would agree on the burning thighs but I can't get past the pain in my arms on that one. Lol.

cheerleader07 - Welcome! 5 lbs a week is a lot to lose after the first couple of weeks losing weight, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't come off that fast. Slow and steady weight loss is easier to maintain in the end. You can do it! :happy:

Welcome to everyone else too! We are going to be one good looking bunch in a month!
  • Rakeda1210
    Rakeda1210 Posts: 44
    Options
    Just found this post...started on the 14th, so I just completed day 3. I'm still sweating buckets, but it's getting a tad bit easier...just a tad. I can see how I'll be alright by the 10th day - just in time to switch gears. Can't wait to see the progress!
  • paramedic52
    paramedic52 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So what are you guys doing in addition to DS?

I'm just starting out getting into a workout routine, so I think I will just do the 30DS for now. I would love to add in a Yoga video though -- anyone have a great one they use?
  • mom2nate08
    Options
    In sticking with the Biggest Loser trainers - :wink: - I have the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga dvd. I like it, but I would love to hear what else is out there.
  • ebilharz
    ebilharz Posts: 20
    Options
    I started on the 15th!! I do kickboxing and running as well, and boy have I been sore the past two days!!
  • mom2nate08
    Options
    He is a question to you all. I am starting to get pretty sore from the first 2 days of doing 30DS. Do you (or will you) just keep doing the workouts and push through the soreness, or do you rest a day and take longer than 30 days to complete the program? I am leaning toward pushing through, but I thought I would get some other input.

Thanks!
  • natp23
    natp23 Posts: 11
    Options
    I started on the 14th. I'm on day 4. The workouts aren't getting much easier yet, but I'm sticking with it. I try to get in at least one other workout a day (spinning, kickboxing, martial arts, etc). I'm really hoping to see a difference! Good luck!
  • natp23
    natp23 Posts: 11
    Options
    Push through! As long as you're not so sore that you might risk injury. Then I'd rest.
  • dbrashers
    dbrashers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to push through the soreness. I did Day 2 yesterday and up'd my C25K distance too, and I am wobbling around now. I am feeling better this morning, so I am going to push through the pain! In the past, I've found that working out when sore is the best way to relieve that pain!
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The first time around I was so sore on the third day that I took a day to rest from the 30ds. I still did my normal 30 minute circuit at the gym and 30 minute cardio. Then two days later when I went back to the 30 DS. By the third day I did not have the soreness. I am now on day 8. I am getting bored and today I may start level two. I'm not sure how I would have felt if I would of pushed through. Listen to your own body. JM in the DVD says the pain is your body changing, but ony you know. Good luck!
  • paramedic52
    Options
    L1D3 down - YAY! It does seem to be getting just a tiny bit easier. I'm able to keep jogging in place waiting for them to switch cardio exercises. My thighs didn't burn as much today - feel a bit stronger there, still sore, but stronger. Still hurts when getting into or out of a sitting position and walking stairs though.

I need some words of encouragement for this weekend though. I work Saturday and Sunday 12hr shifts. I need to push myself through getting my workout in tomorrow night when I get home. Here's to hoping the ER is quiet tomorrow and I'm not so exhausted when I get home :)
  • dbrashers
    Options
    You can totally do it! If you make 30DS something you look forward to rather than something that needs to get out of the way, then it'll be a lot easier fitting that i after a long work day. Keep it up!
  • dbrashers
    Options
    Just finished L1D3! And I am literally sweating on my poor Mac! Does anyone else struggle with the cardio in circuit 1? I know it's just jumping jacks and jumprope, but it kills my calfs and I struggle doing the full 2 minutes. Everything else I can handle. I dunno what's up with that. Tomorrow I have a graduation party to go to for my little cousin, and I'm really hoping I don't go nuts with all the party food there. It's so tough being an Italian at family parties!
  • mom2nate08
    Options
    I have the same issue and it is so strange. I have no issue with either of those exercises in the last circuit, just that first one. You would think it was the other way around!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with the lunges + shoulder lifts (I think that's what she calls them, where you lift dumbells forward). After doing push-ups, my arms are almost dead so I just drop the dumbells and lift my arms themselves.
    I use 5lb dumbells for the chest flies and the shoulder press things (out in front, pull them back) and other than that, 3lb.

Push-ups are getting easier and I have so much more energy than I did starting out (I would be out of breath running up the stairs! sad) so even if I don't get anything else out of this DVD, I'm glad to have the energy back that I did before I got pregnant!
  • paramedic52
    Options
    He is a question to you all. I am starting to get pretty sore from the first 2 days of doing 30DS. Do you (or will you) just keep doing the workouts and push through the soreness, or do you rest a day and take longer than 30 days to complete the program? I am leaning toward pushing through, but I thought I would get some other input.

Thanks!

I'd lean to push through it if you can. Unless you are so sore that really having a hard time doing normal daily activities. My thighs are really feeling it and I've been trying to really do some deep stretching - that has actually helped me. They aren't as sore today.
  • ebilharz
    ebilharz Posts: 20
    Options
    so I just finished day 3 (getting easier!) and I'm noticing that, while my stomach and hips are looking better and more toned (woo!), my legs seem to be looking bigger. I should note that I also run and do kickboxing in addition to 30ds. Maybe I'm just crazy, but has anyone else had this problem? I'm a fairly lanky tall girl, so big legs throw off my proportions. I can't imagine putting on bulky muscle in 3 days...Could it just be water?
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Shredders. How are we feeling today?

Andrea (and all) - I think soreness is ok and means that you're working muscles that you haven't worked in a while (or ever). Pain, not so much. For me, pain is never good. My problem is telling myself that I'm in pain when I'm really just sore. That's what happened to me the first time around with 30DS. I stopped because I was so sore and didn't think I could go on. If your sore turns to pain, you have to take some time off. Listen to your body.

How is it that I can do all the jumping jacks now? I couldn't do them on day 1!! I'm struggling with the first set of workouts still. My fav is the all the cardio moves done for 30 seconds each at the end.

It seems like some of us are going to have food challenges this weekend. Every weekend is a food challenge for me. I need some self control and must make some good choices this weekend. Last night, I just went over my calories, but I know why. I drank my calories. Vodka and cranberry and beer? Not a wise choice - unless I had one or two! It's good to know that I can still have beer and that pizza I had, just in moderation. I'm in the same situation tonight.

Happy shredding!! :drinker:
  • dbrashers
    Options
    Day 4 done! I find that it is getting a little easier! I still struggle with the cardio in circuit 1, but I think it's because my thighs feel like lead after doing the strength training and so I can't seem to bring myself to jump! So weird! Other than that, the pushups and everything else seem to be getting easier! Yes! :laugh: