GIRLS UNDER 5' 4" with less than 30 lbs to loose!

Options

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and wanna lose around 13 lbs, which would put me at about 105!
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did day two, it is a little bit of a challenge, but I just keep telling myself that it isn't very long so keep at it. I hope she and everyone else is right, saying after a couple of days it gets easier. I am going to try to make the goal that if I do not work out at the gym AT ALL to do that. Which means I will hopefully be doing it on weekends as well.

I have to move our coffee table and rug though, so it's sometimes annoying =/
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day for me... down 0.8 lbs this week!! Yay! I was hoping for closer to 1.5, but I'm happy that it's still a decent loss :) (and maybe i did have a couple higher-calorie days...oops). That puts me at 140.8 lbs. Hoping that next Friday will put me BELOW the 140 lb mark!! Started the 30 day shred yesterday, maybe it will help!

What is a 30 day shred??!!

30 Day Shred is an exercise video by Jillian Michaels, it's 20 mins a day plus warm-up and cool down, and works on strength training, cardio, and abs, in 3 different levels. People seem to be seeing great results so I picked it up at Walmart. Was just $10 :)
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am so excited about this group, it's great to talk to people with similar goals! I am 5'0 and 135 lbs- a weight well above anything I have seen since I was a sophmore in HS and had some bad health problems. Last fall I got married, moved, and started my first year of teaching so I blame it on the combination :D Although I know it can simply be blamed on my eating habits. I don't mind working out at all (although some days I just don't want to!), but I can eat like a crazy person. That is what I really need to gain control over, it just seems super hard sometimes...
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and want to lose 15-20 more lbs!
  • nc1191
    nc1191 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my starting weight was 149. I'm currently around 140 and would ultimately like to be around 130-135
  • snaught
    snaught Posts: 8
    Options
    I'd join! Being short makes your weight gain so much more apparent. I need to lose 17 to get back to my lovely 105 :)
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I"m new to MFP and I'm 5'4", looking to lose about 20 lbs. Sign me up!! :)

8644877.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jenrogerspm
    Options
    I'm over 5'3" but not quite 5'4" ... I have long skinny legs and pretty toned arms....but I need to lose at least 10 if not 15 lbs and I carry ALL of it in my mid-section. If I control my diet, I know I'll lose the weight, I just can't seem to find the will-power/motivation.
  • allibawtez
    allibawtez Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have roughly 20-25 pounds left to use. I've lost 6 pounds in the past month, and have been logging all of my calories and eating a lot better without giving up the foods I love. Moderation is definitely the key! I am here to provide for support for whoever needs it, as we are all in this journey together. Good luck everyone!!! Feel free to add me if you need friends and/or additional motivation =)
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm over 5'3" but not quite 5'4" ... I have long skinny legs and pretty toned arms....but I need to lose at least 10 if not 15 lbs and I carry ALL of it in my mid-section. If I control my diet, I know I'll lose the weight, I just can't seem to find the will-power/motivation.

I totally understand what you mean... but I carry my weight all over :D
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I'm roughly 5'4 and want to get down to 115 if I can. I'm currently at 126. Has anyone else completed this journey? I'd be happy with at least under 120, so thats 6lbs but I've been serious about this since Feb and have maybe lost .... 3lbs. FML. =)
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm in like flynn, 5'3" just lost 11 have 30 more to go
  • dannidoc
    dannidoc Posts: 19
    Options
    me ! im 5ft 2.5 and weigh 157lbs far too much aiming for 140lbs first then seehow i feel
  • knittedbike
    Options
    That is so like me! I want NOT to be able to borrow my cycling buddies (large size) shorts because they are too big! Getting there tho - I spent ages at work on Friday squeezing between packing crates rather than going round - just because I could!! :laugh:
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My name is Jamaica and I'm 5'2 with 26 pounds to lose. I'm currently heading a challenge called The Diamond Challenge. There are 60 ladies active, but most of the girls are much taller. I may create a Petite Edition! I will keep you guys posted!
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My weigh in is on Monday. I realized that by eating my exercise calories I was only netting a -200 calorie deficit.
    I used caloriecount and tracked all the food I ate for the past two weeks. The average I got was -271. No wonder I hadn't seen any movement on my scale.

Now I'm making sure that I have a 500 calorie deficit everyday and limiting myself to 1200-1400 cals regardless if I exercise or not.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in again.. .I'm finally under 140!!!! Weighed in at 138.6 this week, so it's working. My calorie goal is set to 1300 and I try to eat back most of my exercise calories also. It's fun getting a treat when I've earned it!!! This is a way I can live forever... so that's exactly what I'm going to do!

Currently my goal is set for 135, but I really don't know where my body will settle... I haven't been this small in 17 years and even then it didn't last long! I'm hoping for under 130... we shall see!!!! Good luck, ladies!!!!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and need to lose another 31 pounds. I started out at 160 and am currently 151. I will be 48 next month. To me, being so short has its disadvantages when trying to lose weight. Happy to join! What do we do to join?

I try to hit the gym ( cardio and strength training) 3 times a week and walk the other days. I've been doing this for about seven weeks now, and for the last two, eating as clean as I can. Sometimes it's a struggle depending on what I can afford to buy for groceries, and buying different foods for the different palates of my household.