GIRLS UNDER 5' 4" with less than 30 lbs to loose!

Options

Replies

• thaismoreira
    thaismoreira Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This group is for me!!!!!!. I am 5'2 with 5 lbs to lose.
  • thaismoreira
    thaismoreira Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What is everyone doing for exercise? I am currently doing the 30 day shred and trying to add some cardio in when I can.
    I am not exercising now. I have an injury in my knee. It is better now. I will take easy this week, just some swimming.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    What is everyone doing for exercise? I am currently doing the 30 day shred and trying to add some cardio in when I can.
    I am not exercising now. I have an injury in my knee. It is better now. I will take easy this week, just some swimming.

I'm on a pseudo-hiatus... just walking and playing on the Wii.. because July 5th my husband and I are starting a new program we call the New Rules of Workout for Insane Zombie Survival (NROWFIZS). LOL. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArfRqP97R5DsdG9pY3BLRm5MVmRzUkgyTWFxNUMtM3c&hl=en_US&authkey=CPnY358G)

By the end of it we should be able to outrun or bash in the head of any zombies when the Zompocalypse arrives. :bigsmile:
  • Jules429
    Jules429 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I wanna lose 15 lbs more..
  • kendra1225
    kendra1225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OHH me me! I am 5/1. I started at 220, now I'm currently between 160 and 162. My goal weight is 135. So I'd really like to lose between 20 and 25 pounds. I was on Weight watchers for about 2 years but found MFP which is free so I cancelled my weight watchers. I am currently doing c25k and going to start the 30 day shred next week.
  • skinnyrache
    skinnyrache Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5'3" and working to lose about 14 lbs. I would love to connect to people in a similar situation and see what you've been doing to reach your goals :smile:
  • CoilyRob
    CoilyRob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lovelystrumpet, we are the same height, have both lost 2 lbs, started at about the same weight, and have the same weight goal of 118 lbs. I will be following your progress. Good luck.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9" apparently. I used to be 4'11" since I was 13 until a few months ago...I caught very sick and shrunk in height...not in weight though lol. I want to lose 20ish pounds.

:)
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Seems that there are a lot of us on here!! I'm starting the 30 day shred tomorrow~ Let you all know how it goes!
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I play dance dance revolution for exercise. It's the only thing that doesn't seem like a horrible chore.
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred right now. I am on level 2- day 3. I try to also do some pilates every week and I walk for about 40-60 minutes every day. I have a horrible cold right now so I am suffering through every type of exercise- my nose is totally stuffed!!! LOL
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So what are y'alls calories per day set at? I am at 1200, on days that I don't work out I try to stick to that -- on days I do I give myself more wiggle room and eat back some of my exercise calories (so I am more in the 1300-1400 range). A lot of people on the boards claim that is too low, but for someone our size/weight trying to lose less pounds...it seems about right. What do y'all think?
  • azdmelani
    azdmelani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ME!

I am 5'2.5" (I round up to 5'3"

Am looking to lose about 10 more

daily calories are 1230 w/o exercise. I run and spin for exercise. In fact, off to spin right now! :)
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    hey i fit into this category now! woot!
    5'3 3/4"
    142 pounds
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    So what are y'alls calories per day set at? I am at 1200, on days that I don't work out I try to stick to that -- on days I do I give myself more wiggle room and eat back some of my exercise calories (so I am more in the 1300-1400 range). A lot of people on the boards claim that is too low, but for someone our size/weight trying to lose less pounds...it seems about right. What do y'all think?

I'm set at 1400 base, which goes up with exercise of course. My BodyBugg says I average 1900 calories burned on non-workout days going up to 2500 on high activity days (exercise plus cleaning house/yardwork/etc.). I eat back all of my exercise calories because I do have the BodyBugg to give me a very accurate estimate of how much I burned.

edit to add: *Note* I'll be reducing my deficit to 250/day in another 1-1.5 lbs (under 160) so that base number will actually go up soon.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I play dance dance revolution for exercise. It's the only thing that doesn't seem like a horrible chore.

I totally forgot about that game! Great idea! :D
  • courtenay73
    Options
    I'm 160cm (5 2' i think?) and need to loose 8-10kgs.

Hi from the bottom of the world - New Zealand!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1300 to 1420 on exercise days and 1200 on rest days
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and I have closer to 50 pounds to lose...
  • JHR323
    JHR323 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

It depends on long I exercise and how many cals I burn that day. I try to eat back about half of my exercise cals which generally creates a deficit (including what MFP is already deducting) of around 500 give or take. My base amount of cals is 1200. I don't think 1300 - 1400 is too low. It depends on how many you burned that day though too. We definitely need to reduce our intake due to our reduced heights!